anyone on latuda, seroquel or abilify

Options
MyPrimalLife
MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
i was on seroquel for BPD and it raised my cholesterol to ridiculous levels. so then i was given latuda and i start taking it tomorrow. chances are high that i will gain weight (it happened with the seroquel and i was eating a VERY strict diet - ended up gaining about 40 lbs...i know alot of people think that's a myth)

anyway, just really nervous about not being able to lose and hoping someone would have some support if you've been there.

Replies

• JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm on Latuda and am losing weight. I take it twice a day. So don't worry u will b fine.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Seroquel was downright evil for me, too, because of the blood sugar messes. I also gained about 40 pounds in 4-6 months and because I was already so large, I really didn't realize it for most of that time. I woke up one day toward the end of it and said WTF happened???

Never again for me....I understand for others it's essential, but not for me.
  • MyPrimalLife
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Seroquel was downright evil for me, too, because of the blood sugar messes. I also gained about 40 pounds in 4-6 months and because I was already so large, I really didn't realize it for most of that time. I woke up one day toward the end of it and said WTF happened???

Never again for me....I understand for others it's essential, but not for me.

i am so sorry that happened to you - i know EXACTLY how you feel. :(
  • MyPrimalLife
    Options
    JBcat123 wrote: »
    I'm on Latuda and am losing weight. I take it twice a day. So don't worry u will b fine.

thank you for your reply!!! i am starting it tomorrow and i'm really scared. my sister-in-law is on it, but she is someone who doesn't watch her diet or "care" about weight gain, so she is the only gauge i have and she is very overweight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My husbands doctor prescribed seroquel as a sleeping tablet. I used to take one every now and then, and each time I was groggy, lethargic AND ravenous the next day, and they were only the 25mg strength.