Poll for Keto'ers and LCHFers

Options

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    2 meals and one snack. On weekdays I don't eat breakfast, just coffee with hwc. I eat lunch and dinner and I have chocolate and cashew butter before bed each night.

Weekends I always eat breakfast but often skip lunch or dinner. Same snack.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I eat 1350-1450 cals/day and manage to stay within cals even eating 5 times a day. That means some of those meals/snacks are 150-250 cals though and none of them are huge. (e.g. the afternoon snack might be 1 oz of almonds or a piece of cheese, or an 89-calorie pumpkin shake. Sometimes evening snack is just a pickle and a piece of cheese; sometimes it's 400 calories if I have the calories left and am hungry.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I figured out that I felt like I needed 3 meals a day because I have been on that schedule for over 50 years. It's time for breakfast or time for lunch. I'm working my way around that. Sometimes I'm not even sure I know what hunger feels like.

I'm paying more attention to how I feel and hopefully discounting my years of training to learn to eat when I'm actually hungry. It's not easy to change habits learned as a child.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    @Fvaisey that's very true! I'm working on that myself.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 meals. Sometimes a snack in the evening if I stay up very late. If I want to eat more than that it's an alarm bell to check for sneaky carbs (especially my kryptonite, fruit).

::flowerforyou::
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    KetoGirl83 wrote: »
    Usually 2 meals. Sometimes a snack in the evening if I stay up very late. If I want to eat more than that it's an alarm bell to check for sneaky carbs (especially my kryptonite, fruit).

::flowerforyou::

This is pretty much exactly me. Twice a day. Usually breakfast and dinner. Sometimes I skip breakfast and have lunch instead. That's usually because I have to eat out either with clients or my family. My pref is breakfast and then dinner. I usually have a small snack in the evening mainly out of boredom.
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I still eat several times per day. I've been in keto for 7 weeks.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I've recently started one meals day to try to control my calories. So I have one c.1300 cal meal in the evenings. I do get hungry inbetween but I have done various types of IF, and this is no worse that way. My problem is I can overeat 3 times a day so I am trying to limit it to once a day. This is a recent thing so not sure if it will deliver the weight loss I still want, but I think it should. I do enjoy my hearty meal in the evening!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    2 meals and a snack. sometimes 3 meals but more often 2.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    3 meals and usually 1 snack, sometimes less sometimes more. I don't eat huge meals though. I don't like that super full feeling.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was eating lunch, dinner and dessert everyday. I recently started skipping lunch and sticking with dinner and dessert. I do have a lot cups of tea with milk through out the morning, so I guess that could be classed as a liquid breakfast.. So 2.5 meals I guess
  • bermeoa
    bermeoa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BPC in the morning and 2 meals. Also nuts or dark chocolate and a second coffee in the afternoon.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 years in and I've never hit that "not hungry" feeling. I eat under 15g carbs a day, moderate protein, and about 70 to 75% fat - 1600 calories. I lose very very slowly (60lbs in 2 years and 40lbs to go). I weight and record everything. so there's no "carb creep" or guestimating calories. I IF - have a BPC for breakfast, then lunch and dinner, but I eat every one of those calories, and still feel like I could eat more - like I'm on a diet. It's *&^(%* hard work.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 years in and I've never hit that "not hungry" feeling. I eat under 15g carbs a day, moderate protein, and about 70 to 75% fat - 1600 calories. I lose very very slowly (60lbs in 2 years and 40lbs to go). I weight and record everything. so there's no "carb creep" or guestimating calories. I IF - have a BPC for breakfast, then lunch and dinner, but I eat every one of those calories, and still feel like I could eat more - like I'm on a diet. It's *&^(%* hard work.

Could be worse... I'm more than 2 years in and have only lost 30 lbs. I log quite meticulously too, but just never lose as much as I should or have plateaus and then whooshes. It's not just slow loss, it's the lack of consistency that sucks.
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and dinner with a coffee with HWC midafternoon unless I am eating out with the family at the weekend in which case I skip breakfast.On those days it's often just 1 meal. Are you sure you are actually hungry and not thirsty??? It can often feel like hunger but in reality if you have a drink it was that you were needing and not food. Many people drink far too little especially on this woe.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    @jumanajane that's a good point but I drink a lot of water. I'm always thirsty so I refill my 20-oz water cup many times a day.
    And my calories are fine/within goal, I think I might just eat smaller amounts more often. I was just curious how many other LCHFers ate 3 or more times a day.
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3-5 times a day depending on how hungry I'm feeling. I'm only 5 weeks in now but I don't feel ravenous like I did when I was doing low fat "healthy" (sarcasm) dieting. I'm trying to pay more attention now to what my body tells me. I'm still in the learning process for sure.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    2-3 meals a day, occasional snacks.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    1-2 meals/day, a snack for breakfast (oz of cheese or almonds), sometimes a snack on the drive home from work (almonds, cheese, or recently - a Tate's mint chocolate chip cookie (not intended to be low carb, but they are low enough that I can enjoy one as long as I don't combine it with anything else carby)).
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I plan 3 meals and a snack or two, but mostly end up eating every 3 hours or so because I usually eat my lunch in sections. This is more out of habit then any deliberate need or concept. I'm not usually very hungry.