Welcome Week 3!!!!!

Options
bruhaha007
bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
I love reading all your updates and seeing everyone support one another! Yes we all have good days and bad but just try to have your good days out number your bad days and stay focused, this is a marathon and not a sprint :)

Proud of all of you that are sticking with it!!

Question of the week, no right or wrong answer

What would you say is most important to hit your personal goals? Proper nutrition or sufficient exercise in the form of a percentage attribution?

For me personally I think it's around 70% proper nutrition and 30% exercise

I'm doing a lot of core now but as they say, abs are made in the kitchen!

Have a great week!! Let's kill it as always!!

Replies

• bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and being such a great motivator! Week 3 already! Yay!

And definitely nutrition needs to be my main focus to meet my goals... Planning ahead is key for me.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Week 3 here we go! Thanks for starting this group!
    For me...right now... getting into the habit of daily exercise is about 60% of my lifestyle change... I want to get to where I don't have to think about it, it just is... only about 40% focused on nutrition now... I have never tracked calories before so this is new to me... I have been eating the same just less.
    I think down the road when I have made some more real progress, I will change my eating to less sweets and more healthy. I know that if I deny myself to much right now I will give in when I hit any emotional bump in the road and then give up and the weight will come right back on. That has happened the last 2 times I tried to lose weight - cut out sugar altogether... lost weight but as soon as something emotional stressed me out I gave up and went for the sugar... felt like such a failure that I gave up completely.
    Right now - I get excited when I have enough calories at the end of the day for a little bit (1/4 c) of gelato... I smile and am thrilled to savor it... before this challenge I would have gobbled 1/2 the container and not enjoyed it nearly as much. So progress is being made and I feel that I am strong enough with everything being allowed in moderation that when those emotional times come I can get through them and still maintain my progress.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    For me they are of equal importance. Eating well, nutritionally, is important for my overall health (there's a lot I CAN'T eat) and exercise is important for improving my fitness and shape.
  • SouleGirl802
    SouleGirl802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since hitting 50 my metabolism has slowed so it's definitely about cardio to rev the engine-but that makes no difference without reducing calories. Particularly empty calories. I think it's probably 60% nutrition, 40% exercise.
  • imogene912
    imogene912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm still in the group, but I have a new screen name. I was under nomoyoyoing. I needed a fresh start!!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think for me it is 50-50. The weight loss is mostly food, but the fitness is really important to me because I have major back issues and being fit will help with that, and also because hiking is my passion, and I need to be fit to do the tough ones (which is usually where the best views are!)
  • w8ingforthesun
    w8ingforthesun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    nutrition is the most difficult to stay disciplined with for me. Exercise is important too but I think a lot is nutrition and meal timing(for myself at least).
    Great job staying motivated everybody !
  • freedsheila
    freedsheila Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Still here! Had a good week last week, down two more lbs. Feeling good since I'm down a total of 23 lbs since I started this journey 10 weeks ago! I need to commit to more discipline with excercise. I do a little but not nearly enough.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Awesome job @freedsheila and thanks for checking in! You are doing amazing and I 2nd what @w8ingforthesun had to say, great job everybody! We are still early in this challenge but you glad to have you all along for the journey. If you are struggling or had a bad week, don't worry about it! Tomorrow the sun rises again and with it our intention to make it the best day we can.
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm heading into this week a bit behind. I've been battling the mother of all colds and it's set me back. Luckily I haven't seen much of a gain. I'm almost feeling back to myself, so I think it's time I get back on track.

As for your questions, for me oddly enough, I think it is maintaining a consistent and vigorous level of activity. Not just because it's good for me and allows me to indulge in the things that make me happy, but when I exercise I have more motivation to keep my nutrition in check.

Here's to a better week! Good luck everyone :smiley:
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hope you get to feeling better.
  • AddieOverhaul
    Options
    I keep bouncing around the same few pounds. I do well and lose during the week, and then undo my work on the weekend. Part of the challenge is that I spend the weekends mostly with my boyfriend who is naturally thin and always has pop, chips, cookies, candy and beer in the house. Plus we were running around doing errands all weekend so fast food happened twice. I need to find a way to resist the food at his place and make healthier choices if I have to eat out. He will be moving in with me in a few months, so I have to get used to resisting that type of food. Normally I just don't keep it in my house, but I won't be able to do that once he's in it!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Maybe you can set some expectations with your partner @AddieOverhaul It is hard to make progress when someone really close to you isn't on the same path. If he can't adjust to help you I guess you will need to double down on your resolve to eat as healthy as possible but I understand the struggle is real! Proud of you and wish you the best on this particular challenge you are facing! You got this!
  • AddieOverhaul
    Options
    Thanks @bruhaha007 - we have talked about it. He is going to have less of that stuff in the house (he currently has a bit of a stockpile of candy and whatnot) and keep it in the cupboard above the fridge so I don't see it. I find that I don't really think of that kind of food that much, but when I walk past and see it, I want it. So we are going to start with that once he moves in and see how that goes. I think I could get him to cut back on candy and that sort of thing, but he won't give up his beer or pop, and pop is hard for me to resist which is why I haven't kept it in the house for the past 5 years except for special occasions.