Keto Adapted

Options
Hi guys,
Thanks for tuneing in :) I'd like to get a good idea as to when I'm going to be keto adapted and how long it takes most people. I'm three weeks and one day in and really want to push through this hump and feel the benefits of our diet!

Some words of wisdom and encouragement would really be nice for today.

Thanks -Rachel

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Hump? What hump? Do you not feel well? How's your sodium intake?
  • rachelrussell792197
    rachelrussell792197 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't feel well today and I haven't felt up to par since I started the diet. My sodium is in between 3-5,000 a day.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Sounds like sodium intake is perfect. There is usually an energy boost, and even a feeling of euphoria. I'm sure it differs for everybody, but 3-4 weeks seems to be common. Increased fat intake should help. Exercise and fasting will also boost ketones.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    Can you suggest a good fasting regiment. I need to start hitting the gym again. In the beginning it made me so week I've been scared to exercise. I've done yoga and planks every day but that's it. Also my ket stix are purple. Could it be my magnesium intake?
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    No euphoric feelings yet. I was a little hyper the other day but that's just me being silly around my daughter.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ehh...sometimes you just feel like you feel. Keto doesn't necessarily convey superpowers.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    Right.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Are you eating high fat also? If so, what are your typical sources of fat?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I was tired for a good three weeks when I started. I just got weak. My sodium was low though so that might have been part of it.

I think full keto adaption can take a few weeks or even months. We may be burning ketones but the body isn't happy about it yet. ;). Hang in there.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    While I was in very poor health when I started in 2014 it was 90 days before was mainly having good days and after 6 months there were no issues.

Sounds like you have Keto under your belt. Best of success.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    Are you eating high fat also? If so, what are your typical sources of fat?

I'm eating organic butter, coconut oil, chicken thigh, pork, some cheese and coconut milk and bacon for fats.

Thank you everyone for responding to my question. I've been nauseous and fatigued since yesterday. I'm thinking it's my magnesium because I'm achy even after so much salt and I have headaches and nausea but who knows. I just need to push through!
  • erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I take magnesium daily, along with a multivitamin and MSM for a joint condition. I started LCHF and transitioned to Keto over 18 months. I am now in maintenance.

It takes time to find your personal rhythm; explore how you feel, your hunger and thirst, what foods truly satisfy you. The right combination of foods and supplements and activity is specifically personal to YOU.

Read and research. Phinney & Volek, Ketovangelist website & podcasts, Maria Emmerich.

And so many wonderful folks on this forum!
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    I barely want to eat anything. I'm hoping I don't get worse.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    I take magnesium daily, along with a multivitamin and MSM for a joint condition. I started LCHF and transitioned to Keto over 18 months. I am now in maintenance.

It takes time to find your personal rhythm; explore how you feel, your hunger and thirst, what foods truly satisfy you. The right combination of foods and supplements and activity is specifically personal to YOU.

Read and research. Phinney & Volek, Ketovangelist website & podcasts, Maria Emmerich.

And so many wonderful folks on this forum!

Thank you!