Cheryl's journal

Options

Replies

• LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was really afraid to weigh this morning. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a 1 lb. loss. Yay me! Wishing you all the best on this journey of togetherness.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love surprise losses!
  • jcaldwell0331
    jcaldwell0331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I also am a weight watchers success story that ended up gaining everything back plus some (for me it was a lot more). The meetings aren't convenient for me either and I really can't afford it. So I started losing on my own by eating mainly a clean eating diet. I still have some processed foods every now and then but I limit them. I plan out all my meals in advance even on weekends (although I do allow myself some wiggle room if I want that extra something). I've lost 16 lbs so far and I know you can as well!! We're all in this together. :smile:
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Yes we are all in this together for basically the same reason. We LOVE food. I'm okay with how things are going. I'm losing a little at a time and not depriving myself. The best part is I'm not spending money to lose weight. Not sure why I thought that would keep me on the straight and narrow long term. :D
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Feeling awesome. Its jeans day at work. A pair of jeans I bought a while back a little snug now fit me perfect! Woohoo!
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Well, burst my bubble...my boss's dad (78 years old - says whatever he is thinking) just said I look pregnant! :(
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Boy it was an awful eating day. Glad we don't got to Golden Corral breakfast often. Why or why did I go back for thirds. I wasn't even hungry. :'(
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Boy it was an awful eating day. Glad we don't got to Golden Corral breakfast often. Why or why did I go back for thirds. I wasn't even hungry. :'(

Because these are the habits that we have developed to make us into the person we are. They are the habits that are going to take a long, long, time to break, and they are also the habits that we will hopefully look back on at the end of the journey and learn from to never be in this situation again. It takes time, and we all stumble and fall back sometimes but we will get through it.
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Thanks friend.
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Trying my best. Some days are really good, some days are really bad. That's just how my eating life is. o:)
  • 50extra
    Options
    What are you struggling with?
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Just food in general. I am a binge eater and sometimes I just can't quit. Seems like if I overeat for one meal or one day (Easter) I just can't get myself back on track.
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm like you. An all or nothing kinda gal. But slowly I am learning to temper my binge eating. Some days I fall down and go to town and others I can stay on track. These days I tend to look at food in terms of "how much exercise will i need to do to work that off?" As I am not a naturally active person and have to make myself go to the gym, it tends to work. Although having said that , now i am getting some fitness im kinda loving the gym. My point is try to be conscious of what you are eating, or more to the point how much you are eating. Listen to your body and not your head. If your body says I'm full, then tell your head sorry the mouth is closed for business we've shut down for now. It's tough and there will be times when the head wins but in time your head hunger will be more managed. I am going to watch your progress and stay with you like the others. We can all do this. Baby steps. It's a marathon not a sprint.
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    I love it here. All the support and friendships are going to keep me motivated to do this.
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Well I weighed myself today. Wasn't sure I should, it was the wrong time of day. Scale still went down. I feel so much better about losing this time than with Weight Watchers. Whenever the scale didn't move or went up I beat myself up about it.

Now I'm doing this at my own pace and hoping for the best.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That is a good feeling! Nice work.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Well Cheryl, looks like your stumbling during Easter didn't end up being too bad. I'm glad that the scale went down and I'm sure it gave you a little morale boost seeing that when you expected a different result. You nailed it on the doing this at your own pace. This is a new course in life, the changes we want aren't going to happen overnight. Stay strong and stay focused and continue posting positive results on here.
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Your Journey.......Your Pace............You're Awesome. Remember that
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think going slow means a change of lifestyle and a better possibility of keeping at goal when you're finished. Keep it up you're doing great
  • LuvHinesWard86
    Options
    Thanks all <3