Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I have officially colored the rainbow twice this week. Thank you for that challenge. It has really been beneficial. Thank you as well for the Irish recipes. I'll have to check those out.

Zerlinna, hope the interview went well and hope you feel better soon.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you liked the challenge. It makes us get out of a rut especially when we are eating the same things all the time . Working today, will be exercising after i get home. Enjoy your day everyone !
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Eating the Rainbow

My favorite part of MFP is entering my tried and true recipes and finding out how they breakdown into calories and nutrition. I've been cooking and eating my whole life and I just had no idea. It's fascinating!

Today's lunch was Thai Shrimp Lettuce wrap (white, purple, red, orange, yellow, green but no blue) and Blueberry Cottage Cheese Waffles (blue).

k8zhz1myfw3s.jpg
    Not wrapped since I buy 454g of spring mix and it's always a race to eat it before it goes bad and I can't see buying two types of lettuce in a week. So I serve it on a bed of lettuce instead.

2jxghq30jcei.jpg
    with some raspberry syrup and whipped topping because I'm here to lose weight not to suffer.

This meal is 481 calories. For a salad served in a serving dish and two full sized waffles! The 2 Tablespoons of 100% fruit syrup was problematic to measure so we can round up to 500 because I licked the spoon.

I was stuffed and the whole meal is less calories than the hot cocoa with 3 large marshmallows I used to drink everyday on my afternoon break. My mind boggles.

Everything looks delicious!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Still not feeling well here. I feel worse today than yesterday. No appetite and horrible cough still.

Send prayers and good thoughts my way. Despite being sick, I have an interview for a nursing position on the mother/baby floor at my local hospital at 2 pm. I really want this job, as I love women's health nursing. But I feel like crap. I hope I interview well, despite not feeling well.

Hope your interview went well. Feel better!
  • ReneeLauthers
    ReneeLauthers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Had a great day yesterday! Spent the afternoon hiking and did an exercise video in the morning! Doing well with the color challenge as well as the accountability challenge!
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/t3/0rc97qexn7lw.jpeg[/img As you can see my trail partner had a tough day of hiking as well .. 4 miles and he is pooped out! He did a good job keeping me on the trail, unless he caught wind of a squirrel, then all bets were off! Hope everyone has a great day! l[/img]neg5metnni8x.jpeg
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Diagnosis is bronchitis. Just trying to get better, but it's taking a toll on me. My minutes will be lacking this week.

I think my interview went well, though. I will know more next week.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Morning everyone! Had a great day yesterday! Spent the afternoon hiking and did an exercise video in the morning! Doing well with the color challenge as well as the accountability challenge!
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/t3/0rc97qexn7lw.jpeg[/img As you can see my trail partner had a tough day of hiking as well .. 4 miles and he is pooped out! He did a good job keeping me on the trail, unless he caught wind of a squirrel, then all bets were off! Hope everyone has a great day! l[/img]neg5metnni8x.jpeg

That is one tired puppy! Looks like he had fun though.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    We only need 383 min left for this week.
  • ReneeLauthers
    Options

That is one tired puppy! Looks like he had fun though.

He did! Wish I could channel his energy! Like the Energizer Labrador!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, My usa trip is sans internet and scale. No weigh in this week nor next. Be back after that. meantime, wishing everyone success!
  • ReneeLauthers
    Options
    Quick question for those using the MFP app for a while .. When completing your daily diary do you do you find the estimated weight loss and time frames it provides as goals are accurate? Just curious if anyone has any thoughts/insights!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Quick question for those using the MFP app for a while .. When completing your daily diary do you do you find the estimated weight loss and time frames it provides as goals are accurate? Just curious if anyone has any thoughts/insights!

Sorta. Every day for the next five weeks would have to be exactly like the one you just completed. I'm finding I'm weighing +/- 3lbs of the forecast
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    For me about the same. I never reach it but probally if i did the activity everyday, due to my job just cant spend three hours in the gym. I would love it if i could. IT motivates me though to see what i might be seeing soon though.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Hi folks, My usa trip is sans internet and scale. No weigh in this week nor next. Be back after that. meantime, wishing everyone success!

I miss you. Be glad when you are back. We are hanging in there though so hope to see you soon my friend.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    We have a new member on our team. SkinnyMelissa03172016
    She is also new to the group. Melissa here are our active members
    Mallowbar
    shockvalue07
    TangledThread
    LemonSocks
    plainanjelik
    Melibuny
    zerlinna87
    Tusksmom
    theetycho
    ReneeLauthers
    Buzymomof_3
    GSwizzleGary
    dex_
    Mariaheliza2015
    Samandaindia
    Briwashington5
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options

I find that while the number doesn't match because of the fluctuation in activity and food from day to day, it does give a good indication of what days look like that do positively affect my weight loss.

Melissa, welcome to the group.
  • ReneeLauthers
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi fit friends! I hope you are all doing great! I'm a bit anxious for my weigh-in tomorrow, kinda indulged a couple times this week, but still I feel smaller, so there's hope! Worked out hard regardless, today I went for a walk in the morning and it was 12F - brrrr! I will do better with my diet this next week.
  • SkinnyMelissa03172016
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm late to the party but hope to make up for it in intensity. A little about me... Just started my weight loss and MFP on Thursday. My ultimate goal is 50 pounds lost by the time the Christmas tree goes up this year. I like to move more and eat smarter/less so for the next couple of months I plan to go through the Insanity 60 days and cook/eat clean. This should result in a loss of 2 pounds per week and be an excellent start to my program.

SW/CW: 215
    GW: 165
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm late to the party but hope to make up for it in intensity. A little about me... Just started my weight loss and MFP on Thursday. My ultimate goal is 50 pounds lost by the time the Christmas tree goes up this year. I like to move more and eat smarter/less so for the next couple of months I plan to go through the Insanity 60 days and cook/eat clean. This should result in a loss of 2 pounds per week and be an excellent start to my program.

SW/CW: 215
    GW: 165

Hi Melissa, great to have you on our team!

When are starting Insanity? I was thinking about doing one of the workouts today, but I could start from the beginning today and we can keep each other motivated.