Team 4

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    From everyone that has posted which fruits and vegetables they have eaten for the rainbow challenge, it would seem that white and purple are the hardest ones. I went on-line to find some examples to help you out.

WHITE: bananas, white peaches and nectarines, brown pears, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, onion, parsnips, mushrooms, turnips, shallots, white fleshed potatoes and white corn.

PURPLE/BLUE: blackberries, blueberries, grapes, plums, prunes, raisins, black olives, purple asparagus and cauliflower and cabbage and carrots, eggplant.
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    From everyone that has posted which fruits and vegetables they have eaten for the rainbow challenge, it would seem that white and purple are the hardest ones. I went on-line to find some examples to help you out.

WHITE: bananas, white peaches and nectarines, brown pears, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, onion, parsnips, mushrooms, turnips, shallots, white fleshed potatoes and white corn.

PURPLE/BLUE: blackberries, blueberries, grapes, plums, prunes, raisins, black olives, purple asparagus and cauliflower and cabbage and carrots, eggplant.

Thank you all much! I was just sitting here trying to figure out what to eat from the rainbow that would be easy. I am sooo going to get a box of raisins
    B)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I just looked at the spreadsheet. Thanks, Karen, for entering your minutes...and you did the dance! That's awesome! We are almost to Ireland, but remember the more minutes we do, the more points we get, and because we have a smaller team, we have to work extra hard! Have a great last two days everyone!
  • misstori4
    misstori4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Monday-red apple, Tuesday- green peas, Wednesday-white banana, Thursday -blue/purple blueberries, Friday-orange carrots. Woohoo I did it right?! Thanks for that post on what color was what, i didn't know a banana was "white" haha
    I have not been putting my food in my diary this week. I need to get on that.
    I AM going to do this irish dance thing....sometime this weekend. No exercise today, but hopefully I will fit in some exercise this weekend.
  • misstori4
    Options
    I can't find the board that has the link for the dances, can someone direct me?
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    shaunie126 wrote: »
    Monday - Red Cranberry
    Tuesday - Green Spinach
    Wednesday - Orange/Yellow Carrot
    :)
    Monday red cranberry,
    Tuesday green spinach,
    Wednesday Orange Carrot,
    Thursday Yellow Pepper
    Friday Purple raisins
    Wow Taste the rainbow lol
    :D
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all.

My fruit and veggies rainbow was:

Monday - Red apple
    Tuesday - Green pepper
    Wednesday - Carrots
    Thursday - Purple cabbage
    Friday - onions

• HASWLRS
    Options
    My rainbow was a red apple, a green pepper, an orange carrot, white onions and garlic and purple/blue blackberries. What sort of Irish dishes did everyone prepare this week? If you haven't there's still time. It doesn't have to be an entree. It could even be a real Irish coffee. Get creative and try to find something simple. Good night everyone...it's bedtime here in the Eastern time zone.
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had an Irish coffee last night! It was a little bit of a calorie splurge but it was tasty lol I'll work off the calories at the gym tonight!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    That 'a girl, Kate! Way to take one for the team!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies I won't be able to do the workout mind.. I am dealing with situation with my daughter and her hair bug issues.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mauli, no need for you, or anyone, to apologize on here! We are ALL only ever doing what we can! You just deal with your daughter and her hair (I don't even want to know!). Besides, you've already recorded a ton of minutes this week! Keep up the great work!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!! how's everyone doing this weekend? hope you guys are on fire!!! :)

I woke up an hour ago and ate some brie cheese sandwich yumm! i'm planning to go for a run with my husband. i am -185 as of now, (i pre-logged my whole day food). hoping to get some energy for the run. i'm kinda feeling blah today :neutral:
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Mauli, no need for you, or anyone, to apologize on here! We are ALL only ever doing what we can! You just deal with your daughter and her hair (I don't even want to know!). Besides, you've already recorded a ton of minutes this week! Keep up the great work!

Thank you..
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That 'a girl, Kate! Way to take one for the team!

Thanks! I can't access the spreadsheet from my phone. Can you please update it to reflect the points for the Irish coffee? And I also need 90minutes added for tonight's gym session! My legs are KILLING me lol
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    did my two 35min walk/runs on Friday but didn't do any exercise on Saturday. I went and did a lot in the gym today though.

walked to the gym (20 mins)
    treadmill (35 mins)
    hand bike not sure the real name its like a bike for your arms (10 mins)
    recumbent bike (11 mins)
    cross trainer (13 mins)
    rower (3 mins not done this very much so i struggled to do it)
    swimming (45 mins)
    walk home (25 mins)
    total 162 for sunday

went a bit off track at the weekend with some take out food though.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    wow @jenniferblack129 you did a lot today! amazing job girl :smiley:

i only did 60 minutes of running today, i am beat. so busy at work. My food in take today was pretty great though, made myself some salad with peaches,strawberries, almonds, dried cranberries and lite rasperry vinnaigrette :wink:

hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Kate, got you entered. Nice gym workout!

Jenny, amazing workout today! Don't beat yourself up for having some take out on a weekend... it's only one meal. Besides, you made up for it by working your butt off today!

Ruffa, "only" 60 minutes of running! Nice job! Salad sounds amazing, too!
  • misstori4
    Options
    Wow Jenniferblack129 way to go! ruffalicious, that salad sounds yummy!
    Friday: did 30 min Zumba after the kids went to bed. This team really motivated me to do that.
    Sat I taught 2 1/2 hour dance classes (it's not at all strenuous, but it is still excercise in my opinion.) Today I did the Irish dancing woohoo (as a dancer and we teach irish at our studio, I wasn't all too impressed with the teaching. But I was impressed that it was so slow a lot more non- dancers could have gotten it, ya know)! And I did some weight lifting. While my eating was still terrible all weekend (again), I at least exercised more. Exercising to me has always been easier than eating right.