Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
GO AHEAD AND POST AWAY.

Replies

• jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Favorite egg recipe is egg white omelet with spinach and mozerella. I'll add onions, peppers or mushrooms if I'm feeling frisky!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I love ham and cheese eggs! It fills me up so I do a light lunch, but I go all out.
    2 eggs, up to 2 oz of ham, either shredded lunch meat or cubes from a spiral/steak, then a quarter cup of shredded cheese. If I don't have peppers and onions to throw in, sometimes I use salsa. I always pair it with coffee, juice and water and usually either toast or a biscuit. Mmm I love a big breakfast (or sometimes lunch or dinner!)
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Egg scrambled with sauteed greens +whatever veggies that are in my fridge. Add a small amount of cheese on top...yum :p
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 294 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Open faced egg sandwich. Split an egg between an open English muffin. Top with tomato and Tbs shredded mozzarella cheese and a bit of parsley. Broil til melted. So good. I eat it for breakfast everyday.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Egg & banana pancake! Mash 1 banana in a bowl. Whisk in 2 eggs. fry like you would a pancake. YUM! I usually sprinkle a little cinnamon on mine. It already has a sweetness to it so there is no need to pour syrup on it. The texture and taste reminds me of french toast.
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Deviled Eggs are my all time childhood favorite. Hard boil eggs, peel and halve, spoon out yolk in a bowl. Mix the hardboiled yolks with onion, dill pickle relish, mayo (or whatever you may use as replacement) refill the halves and top with lots of paprika. Yummmmmy!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I don't really do egg "recipes." I hard boil them, scramble them, or make an egg white omelet with whatever veggies are in the refrigerator.
    This is my Nana's recipe; I'm typing exactly as she has it written. I've eaten it, but never actually made it. My sister makes it and substitutes egg whites, turkey bacon and sausage, and reduced fat cheese.

Night Before Breakfast
    1lb mild sausage
    4 slices bread cubed (substitute 4 cups plain croutons for bread)
    1 cup grated sharp cheese
    6 eggs
    2 cups milk
    4 slices bacon

1. Brown sausage, drain, set aside.
    2. Cook bacon to a crisp, set aside (not stated in the recipe, but Nana always cooked her bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet)
    3. Arrange cubed bread in bottom of lightly greased 9"x13" baking dish. Place sausage over bread and sprinkle cheese over sausage.
    4. Beat eggs and milk and pour over casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper.
    5. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
    6. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
    7. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Makes 10-12 servings
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Egg & banana pancake! Mash 1 banana in a bowl. Whisk in 2 eggs. fry like you would a pancake. YUM! I usually sprinkle a little cinnamon on mine. It already has a sweetness to it so there is no need to pour syrup on it. The texture and taste reminds me of french toast.

This sounds delicious and I'm so excited to try it!

I'm excited for this post... usually I just scramble an egg or two with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika and pour a ton of hot sauce on it. Tasty but boring. I'm excited for new ideas!
  • Utah89
    Utah89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like to make an egg casserole and have it all week for breakfast. 3 eggs with 3 extra egg whites, 1/3 cup milk whisked together with any meat, cheese, veg combo in a greased 8x8 pan 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool and cut into 4 squares. I wrap them individually and reheat in the microwave for 1 minute. Its my make ahead breakfast for the work week.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and leek frittata. Saute the veggies. Fold in some eggs. Cook until eggs are mostly set. Then sprinkle with a little parmesan and broil until golden.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Realy good EggSalad Sandwich
    serves 1
    2 hardboiled eggs - peeled and chopped up with a pastry blender or smashed with a fork into small pieces
    1 T mayo
    1/4 tsp dry mustard (or just use about 1/2 tsp jarred mustard if you don't have dry)
    pinch of salt and pepper .. to taste

2 slices whole wheat bread - toasted
    lettuce leaf
    1/4 avocado, sliced thinly

optional ... bread & butter pickle slices and dash or two of hot sauce
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    I've been making what I call "Egg Bake" (I'm obviously not very creative) and I will take some to work for breakfast (paired with some turkey sausage links) or have a piece as a side dish to dinner. I typically use 1 big container and 1 small container of egg beaters original and mix in 2-4 eggs. I then add diced red onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. When I first started making this, I also used to add in chopped up lunch meat and some shredded cheese but have learned it tastes good without it. I then put it in a large rectangular glass baking dish and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Egg is something I read on the Smitten Kitchen website originally. Toast 1 slice bread, saute some spinach and mushrooms (or whatever veggies you have), soft poach or cook egg overeasy. Smear toast with djion mustard,top with veggies and then egg. Salt and pepper and enjoy!!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Overeasy Make ahead French toast. -- Great for holiday mornings.
    Arrange 12 3/4' thick slices of french bread in a 9x13 " baking pan. In a large bowl beat 6 eggs, 1 1/4 cups of milk, 1/4 cup half-half, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt. Pour over bread, Refrigerate, covered overnight. Turn to coat evenly the next morning. Bake 400F 15 minutes in preheated oven. turn and bake for another 20 minutes. You can dust with confectioners sugar, serve with fresh fruit or maple syrup.
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My go to egg meal is spinach, onion, mushroom and mozzarella egg omelet!!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My favorite egg recipe is frying 2 eggs hard in a skillet and serving it with avocado and a Roma tomato. I eat eggs pretty much everyday.

Deviled eggs are fun in the summer as well. I mix the yoke with mayo and relish.
  • mpgundrum
    mpgundrum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love eggs in purgatory. Basically out some marinara in a baking dish, add a bit of heavy cream, some salt , pepper, and Ted pepper flakes. Make a well in the sauce and crack an egg into the well. Bake in oven until egg white set. Eat with toast or crusty bread to scoop up all the sauce.

I also love deviled eggs and egg salad. I hard boil eggs, peel. For egg salad, mash whole egg, for deviled mash just the whites. Add a little mayo, a splash of white vinegar and some dried mustard. Mix. For deviled, fill the whites with the yolk mixture and sprinkle tops with paprika.
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of eggs but I will eat them scrambled with a little diced ham and shredded cheese. I will have to try some of the recipes posted...maybe I'll change my mind about them!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My recipe is more of a recommendation for a kitchen gadget to cook the egg. It's called a microwave egg muffin cooker & makes a fluffy scrambled egg in the microwave in 60 seconds.
    You can add any type of veggies or cheese you'd like & its the perfect size for an English muffin or sandwich thins.
    My favorite way to eat it is: Brownberry whole wheat bread toasted, 1/2 mashed avocado, cooked egg with shredded Mexican cheese & topped with salsa.
  • misstori4
    misstori4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg in an egg slicer + 1 mashed avacado + salt = yummy egg salad!

Plus you get your healthy fat for the day. Better than mayo