Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Look at the teamwork here. I love it!!

Hope everyone has a great day today. It's decided to turn cold on the first day of spring so indoor E for me.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    According to the spreadsheet we still have about 347 minutes to go to reach our destination. Who's motivated on this fine Sunday to get in some E minutes?? I'm heading to the gym in about 30 mins. I've been slacking this week so I hope I can make up for that today.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi @SkinnyMelissa03172016 welcome to the team!
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Ok guys. Sorry to angst on the team thread but I'm looking for tips from people that have been exercising longer.

How do you handle eating back your exercise calories? I've been eating back 200 or 300 on days I'm starving and none on other days, with no real plan. This weekend I hit a wall. Instead of being excited to go for a run I've struggled to walk for 20 minutes. It's almost like I'm coming down with the flu (maybe I am) but since I've already reached my 5lb goal 3 weeks in when I'm supposed to be losing .5 pounds a week I'm starting to get concerned.

IKR. Words I never thought I would say.
  • SkinnyMelissa03172016
    Options
    LemonSocks wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm late to the party but hope to make up for it in intensity. A little about me... Just started my weight loss and MFP on Thursday. My ultimate goal is 50 pounds lost by the time the Christmas tree goes up this year. I like to move more and eat smarter/less so for the next couple of months I plan to go through the Insanity 60 days and cook/eat clean. This should result in a loss of 2 pounds per week and be an excellent start to my program.

SW/CW: 215
    GW: 165

Hi Melissa, great to have you on our team!

When are starting Insanity? I was thinking about doing one of the workouts today, but I could start from the beginning today and we can keep each other motivated.

Happy Sunday LemonSocks! I'm starting Insanity on Thursday, March 24th so I have Wednesdays as my rest days. It would be awesome to have someone to go through the Insanity craziness - complain about sore muscles and enjoy the progress.

If you want to start over with me, that would be great or you could stay a little ahead of me and remind me of where I can be when I get there. :smile:
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Follow up. I gorged myself on homemade cream cheese and pepperoni sushi for lunch and I'm now a-ok again and bouncing with energy and Finn and I am headed out for a run. While it was a heavy meal I'm still stuffed 6 hours later so looking good to come in at/under goal today.

However, I'm still interested in how people handle eating back (or not) their exercise calories.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Follow up. I gorged myself on homemade cream cheese and pepperoni sushi for lunch and I'm now a-ok again and bouncing with energy and Finn and I am headed out for a run. While it was a heavy meal I'm still stuffed 6 hours later so looking good to come in at/under goal today.

However, I'm still interested in how people handle eating back (or not) their exercise calories.
    I really try not to. I eat within the guidelines of mfp but whatever I exercise is a plus or negative I should say for me.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My weigh-in this afternoon went better than I expected, no loss but no gain. I feel pretty great, I know I've lost inches, I can see it and I can feel it in my clothes! Can't wait to see what next week brings! :smile:
  • Dex_
    Options
    I don't know which one of you lovely people added in my numbers, but THANK YOU!
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Dex_ wrote: »
    I don't know which one of you lovely people added in my numbers, but THANK YOU!

You're welcome. Does that mean you have access now?
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm baaacccckkkk this week. Finally feeling a little better, so I'm hoping my exercise will be better. I really got knocked down with bronchitis. Whew! Happy Monday, everyone!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    I'm baaacccckkkk this week. Finally feeling a little better, so I'm hoping my exercise will be better. I really got knocked down with bronchitis. Whew! Happy Monday, everyone!

Nice! Glad to see you're feeling better!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Ok. Back in NL, ready for a shocking weigh in tomorrow. Straight off the houston flight, into taxi, into experienced hire assessor training- so I can be a part of our recruitment engine. 2 days of that and a major project delivery so stress level high but it is interesting. USA exercise limited unless you count weekend mall walking and Rodeo- yeeee ha. Mutton Bustin' is a must see activity! Food in excess for trip, so back on plan tomorrow.

Hope all are doing well. In exciting news I did buy new clothes in 00, 0, and XS. Last October I was in a size 4. My jeans are still a 4 or a 2 so some vanity sizing in there. I also found the elusive bras in a size 30 back. Pricey, but they do fit much better than the 32's which most companies start their range at.
  • Dex_
    Options
    Yes, I was able to download it, finally!
  • GSwizzleGary
    Options
    I usually don't eat back my calories unless I've done some strenuous extra long E. Then I add in a protein and smart carb serving after the E.
  • TangledThread
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The smallest amount of rice I can make in my rice cooker is 4 servings so it's sushi week until it's gone. I don't follow a recipe but roll up whatever I have in the fridge.

Here is Eho-Maki. Basically an omelet rolled up as sushi. I also added broccoli slaw and shredded carrots and a tiny bit of mayo and Sriracha sauce for flavor.
    ylq0m4dp2qco.jpg
    It's delish. Everything in the photo is 458 calories.

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have your roadblocks posted on the spreadsheet. Several people are missing with their data.
  • GSwizzleGary
    Options
    Good morning all!! Glad to see water as a part of the challenge this week. I always excel at drinking water. No weight change for me this week. I had an abnormally large drop (for me) last week so I assume my body is just adjusting.

Have a good day!!!
  • SkinnyMelissa03172016
    Options
    Make sure you have your roadblocks posted on the spreadsheet. Several people are missing with their data.

Where can I find the spreadsheet?
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @SkinnyMelissa03172016
    There is a discussion called link to spreadsheet.