THE INCREDIBLE EDIBLE EGG ROAD BLOCK 2 POST

Options

Replies

• gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    My favorite is hard boiled eggs mixed with tuna, green onions, olives and tomatoes. I now mix it with avocado instead of mayo. I ate it on a low cal wheat pita. Changed from the mayo and bread I used to eat it on before MFP.
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A omelette perfect for lunch, beat 2 eggs, season with salt and pepper, heat pan with a little oil or butter. You can mix in what ever you like really.... I usually add tomatoes and mushroom, with a little cheese.
  • fitme2b
    fitme2b Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't eat this often but I live a good omlet. I'll spray some olive oil in a fry pan and fry all veggies. Some onion, mushrooms, peppers. Take that out and put on my plate. Then pour my egg whites in, and some spices or hot sauceand wait till ththat's done. Add my veggies and some cheddar and fold. Yum yum in my tum tum. Lol
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I usually have an omelet every morning. I use whatever veggies I have, sometimes add cheddar or cottage cheese. Fresh basil and tomatoes are my favorite. Also I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge, good for an easy, on the go, protein packed snack.
  • cindalu1212
    cindalu1212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is not really a recipe but something I threw together one morning. I had about a tablespoon or slightly more guacamole left in a bowl. I scrambled two eggs and threw them on top of the guac. Topped it with a sprinkle of cheese and some diced tomatoes and onions. Put the lid on and headed to work. There I heated it up stirred and enjoyed
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I usu eat boiled egg, sometimes I put an indian twist to my scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes, garlic and ginger paste sauteed, add some ground cumin, garam masala, green chili and top it off with cilantro.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If I am not eating soft boiled eggs, or soft fried eggs in roasted garlic olive oil, I really enjoy this combination.

Sautéed in 1 tsp of Roasted Garlic Olive Oil; green onion (1/2 cup), baby spinach (3 cups), portabelo mushroom (1 medoum cap).
    Once sautéed, crack in two eggs cook and flip once (I keep yolks soft).
    Once eggs are cooked;, top with goat cheese (1 oz) and black olives (5).
    Top with sea salt (pink).

I also top with salsa or tomato sometimes. I also sautée asperges and add it sometimes too

Soooo yummy!

Enjoy ☺. (10 points!)
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a twist on an egg sandwich for breakfast.

1 hard boiled egg
    1 slice of tomato
    a couple leaves of spinach
    1 tbsp of mayo
    1 100 calorie deli flat

Spread mayo over the deli flat (toasted or untoasted your choice) Add spinach and tomato. Slice egg and add to the sandwich and enjoy!
  • jforshizzle
    jforshizzle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We love eggs in our house! I actually made egg salad for myself today. 1 egg, 1 tbs of mayo, garlic powder, and paprika. My husband loves a hardboiled egg, sliced in half, and a few drops of frank's red hot on the yolk. One more tip- for the best scrambled eggs, cook on low heat, continually move the eggs around with the spatula, and remove from heat while the eggs are still a little bit wet (before they get too dry).
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love eggs!!

My favorite way to eat them is with avocado. I'll take a hard boiled egg and smash it up with avocado, spread it over whole grain toast and have a yummy filling breakfast!
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Here is my egg recipe that I love to make!!

Simple egg soufflé recipe

Servings SERVES: 4Preparation time PREP: 10 min.Cooking time COOK: 30 min.

Ingredients
    12 large eggs;
    1 cup of coconut milk;
    1 tsp. onion powder;
    1 tsp. baking powder;
    1 ½ tbsp. Almond flour;
    Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper;

Souffé preparation
    Preparation
    Preheat your oven to 375 F.
    Grease the bottom of an oven ready cooking round dish of about 9 inches in diameter.
    In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and onion powder.
    In a big bowl, break all the eggs and add the coconut milk, then mix them well together.
    Incorporate the mixture of almond flour with the eggs, and use an electric mixer or a hand whisker to mix it all until smooth.
    Pour the mixture in the cooking dish and place in the oven.
    Cook the eggs for about 30 minutes, or until the top gets a nice golden color.
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like open faced egg sandwich for breakfast. Here's what I put on it

1/2 English muffin or one whole arnolds thin
    One hard boiled egg
    Huge handful of fresh spinach
    1 oz sharp cheddar cheese
    A few slices of tomato
    1 tbsp mayonnaise
    Salt and pepper to taste

Microwave spinach for 30 seconds to wilt

Then assemble all of the ingredients on your bread, toast in toaster oven or regular oven. So yummy!
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    My favorite is a twist on an egg sandwich for breakfast.

1 hard boiled egg
    1 slice of tomato
    a couple leaves of spinach
    1 tbsp of mayo
    1 100 calorie deli flat

Spread mayo over the deli flat (toasted or untoasted your choice) Add spinach and tomato. Slice egg and add to the sandwich and enjoy!

Great minds think alike! I just posted pretty much the same thing. I hadn't read all the comments yet. It is a yummy breakfast sandwich. I add cheese to mine. I can't help it. I love cheese.
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of eggs in our house. My step-daughter loves them and we almost have to make 6 just for her. Our go to are scrambled eggs which I make in the microwave. Just add however many eggs you want in a microwave safe container (keep in mind that they will expand), milk and margarine/butter. Microwave usually 1 min per egg but I would keep checking and stirring after each minute until you get the desired consistency. Towards the end I usually add in some shredded cheese and pepper.

I also love hard boiled eggs. I purchased an egg cooker a while ago to make them in the microwave but it didn't work out like I wanted. It cooked them but every once in a while 1 would explode and make a giant mess so I threw that away. I now just hard boil on the stove but it's so hard to get them perfect!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Being that there will be a lot of hard boiled eggs around to eat after Easter Sunday ... another recipe using hard cooked eggs ...

Slice an egg and spread it over a slice of soft italian bread. Sprinkle the eggs with a little salt and a pepper Spread some mayo over one of the bread slices. Slice a tomato and lay some slices over the eggs, top with the second piece of bread. Cut the sandwich into halves so the egg doesn't fall out as you eat it. Delicous! Eggs n tomatoes.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I actually had eggs planned into my week already :smiley: No specific recipes but today is tuna salad with hard boiled eggs. I mix mine to taste with tuna, mayo, spicy sliced olives, and hard boiled eggs. Also made a batch of deviled eggs yesterday as "snacks". Hard boiled eggs, yolk mixed with mayo, topped with cayenne pepper. YUMMY!
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use my muffin pan and make breadless muffins. I put an egg in each muffin tin and then I add what ever strikes my fancy. Could be bacon, sausage, veggies, cheese or a combo. Sometimes I break the yoke and mix everything together before putting into the muffin tins and sometimes I do not break the yoke and just add the ingredients into the muffin tin and push them into the egg whites. Then I bake them at 400 for 13 minutes. They are yummy and filling. I eat 2 every day for breakfast. They are fine either hot or cold. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153809314033387&set=a.10150533968358387.373166.726198386&type=3
  • mindse
    mindse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This hardly counts as a "recipe," but it is my GO TO delish quick lunch. Two or three hard boiled eggs (I always have a bag of Trader Joe's hard-boiled eggs in the fridge for this), a couple of tablespoons of Mayo (Trader Joe's), salt and pepper and a couple of dashes of Frank's hot sauce. Yum!
  • Ahollowed
    Ahollowed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator crustless quiche
    Add to a pie dish random veggies you happen to have in your fridge ( red peppers, sauted mushrooms, sauted spinach, sauted onions, tomatoes, basil, roasted asparagus, brocolli, etc.), some meat if you want ( bacon, ham, sausage, etc), and some cheese ( paremesan, cheddar, mozerella, etc). Mix, i like it to be about 1/2-3/4 full of stuff. In a seperate bowl add two eggs, a cup of cream (i've used half and half but its not as good), salt and nutmeg. Mix well and pour into pie pan. Make sure it gets evenly distributed. Bake 350 until sets. I stink at timing but 30-45 min ish?