THE INCREDIBLE EDIBLE EGG ROAD BLOCK 2 POST

Options

Replies

• CeruleanCoffee
    CeruleanCoffee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been on a stir fry with eggs kick recently. I've been making a coleslaw mix at the beginning of the week (put cabbage, broccoli, carrots, and onion through a food processor). I saute some of that mix with a bit of olive and sesame oils and garlic and incorporate some scrambled eggs in there for protein and breakfast goodness.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love egg salad just made it yesterday and had some leftover for lunch today. For each egg 1 tbsp miracle whip and some chopped onion season with salt and pepper. Yummy
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    This is hardly "dietetic", but it is oh-so-yummy! :)
    NO CRUST QUICHE
    3 Lg. eggs
    1/2 pt. heavy whipping cream
    3/4 pound gruyere cheese (I use swiss, it isn't as expensive)...cubed
    Veggies of choice: Broccoli & cauliflower flowers, sliced zucchini, green onions...
    With fork, whip together eggs and cream
    In large bowl, mix together cheese and veggies, then place these in quiche dish or any other shallow dish
    Pour egg and cream mixture over the cheese and veggies. It might be higher than your dish, but it will shrink.
    Bake 1/2 hour at 400 degrees, or until all cheese is melted and set

Cool until firm enough to slice. Enjoy!

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    My fave eggs receipt I eat every morning for breakfast
    1.5 oz onions
    1.5 oz green peppers
    1.5 oz mushrooms sauté in 1 tsp coconut oil
    Add 3 oz of spinach
    Scramble in 1whole egg & 2 egg whites with .5 oz cheddar cheese
    Yum yummy
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe sharing part of the challenge! There are so many great ways to eat eggs that I haven't tried yet but I plan to make several of these! Thanks Melodie, great idea!
  • LizFitIt34
    LizFitIt34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eggs cooked with lean ground beef mixed together and just seasoned with pepper and salt. I have it with whole wheat pita bread.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My favourite egg recipe is Tortilla Española, simple, but not easy. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tortilla-espanola-spanish-omelet-recipe.html

The trick is in the flipping.
  • lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Paleo sausage egg cups

Preheat oven to 350
    Take a dozen eggs and scramble them in a bowl
    12 pieces of pre cooked turkey sausage cut up in 4-5 pieces each
    Sautéed peppers and onions in a little olive oil

Use a muffin pan with silicone muffin cups
    Put some olive oil in each cup
    Put 1 sausage link and some pepper/onion mix in each cup
    Then take the eggs and fills the cups to the top

Bake for 23 minutes and enjoy!!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat eggs is a veggie omelette.....2 whole eggs with onions, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes. This challenge inspired me to make muffin tin omelettes and I now have 6 ready for the rest of the week....going to be a great way to start my day!
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs are my absolute fav!

- 6 eggs
    - 1/4 c. mayonnaise
    - paprika
    - 1 tsp yellow mustard
    - 1 tbsp horse radish sauce
    - salt and pepper!

Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks with mayonnaise. Add horse radish sauce, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper; stir well. Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites.
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this Egg Drop soup recipe this week. I have an egg every morning but think I'll add this recipe one day to my menu at dinner. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1120670/egg-drop-chicken-noodle-soup
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a very difficult time with eggs, so I generally only eat them as an omelette or scrambled with plenty of cheese, veg and either ham, bacon or sausage.

French toast is yummy, but I rarely make it since I don't have bread in my home. I also do enjoy a good bacon and artichoke quiche but I can't remember where I got the recipe from.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    We eat a lot eggs... mostly fried or scrambled with ham or bacon and cheese. Although we also love hard boiled on salads, I have a hard time keeping enough to have for salad. Every time I turn around, my middle one is doing the peel and eat routine. Can't complain.. better than cookies - although that is his chaser from time to time.
    Fav treat..fried egg hard yolk with cheese and bacon on toast broth ketchup.
    Fav healthy.. 1 egg. Egg whites scrambled together in pam sprayed pan, add peppers and onions. Serve with mashed avocado and a slice of toast no butter if you must.
  • lmdsmiles
    lmdsmiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person and usually eat breakfast at work. My "go to" lately has been using the microwave for eggs. I have a small Pyrex covered container that I use. I'll scramble an egg in the container with some pepper and microwave for about 35 seconds on high. I then serve it on a whole wheat English muffin with avocado spread on it. I'm sure there are tons of variations that could be done (add veggies, etc). :)
  • visionmet
    visionmet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat eggs is to fry one up and put it on toast spread with avacado!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 1 can light tuna in water, tomato and spinach, this is my kind of scrambled eggs :)
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    German Pancakes or Puff Pancakes
    6 eggs
    1 c milk
    1 c Flour
    Blend in blender. Melt 1/3 cube butter in a 9x13 pan. Pour egg mixture over melted butter and bake at 400° for 18 min. Serve with jam or syrup.
  • sstone06
    sstone06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i love having a poached egg on top of some dave's killer bread and some slices of avocado, sprinkled with a bit of salt :smiley:
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm joining the egg loving fan club although I eat them far less often that i'd like. If I don't poach them and have them with toast, I'm a fan of the fluffy omelette - usually done with 2 eggs.

Separate the whites and whisk until stiff.
    Add a little water to the yolks and then add into the whites.
    Immediately pop into a preheated frying pan with something to stop it sticking (I usually treat myself with butter)
    Cook for a bit, add toppings and serve