Replies

• WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Under 20g NET, yesterday I was over.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It depends, ~ 75g on normal days but on carbs refeed days when I workout very hard I go up to ~250g carbs and drop the fat to ~50g. Here's why I do this: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dear-mark-should-i-increase-carb-intake-for-weight-loss/#axzz434qarcyJ
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    50 net. This level has worked really well for me in terms of weight loss. 93lbs and counting!
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, I blew it this weekend.. had a wedding, but starting tomorrow I think I will try for 75 or less carbs a day and do that for a couple of weeks and will try to get to 50 a day..I am glad to see that weight loss can happen at 50 grams I don't think I could sustain 20 or less a day.. I figure I will try and keep my calories around 1300- 1400 calories a day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    50-80

But the carbs come almost all from fibrous veggies that are fiber rich. So the net is arguably lower.

I'd guess I'm a bit higher but like you, with lots of fiber rich vegetables. I probably net around 50-60. I don't honestly know most of the time.
  • Curvycurly223
    Curvycurly223 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Usually at the most 35 total carbs but always 20 or less net carbs
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I need to revise my answer from above. I was between 50-75 but now I'm attempting keto, hoping that <30g per day will do it.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I was at about 20g total with most of my carbs coming from nuts, avocado, eggs and cheese. Some days were down to 5 and others up over 30g.

I am now attempting lower (lowest? LOL) carb with basically no plant products as a self experimentation. I do tend to feel better the lower my carbs are, but I have IR and some autoimmune issues so my circumstance won't apply to most.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of WOE. I'm trying to stay below 100 carbs a day, which I find is pretty easy if I try. 80 grams definitely sounds doable. I should check that out and see what else it entails.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm under 100, but never eat more than 30 at each meal. Since I usually eat twice a day, most days are around 50. I am aware of calories, but do not track them specifically. I've lost 10 lbs since I started weighing myself at the end of January---30 to go!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of WOE. I'm trying to stay below 100 carbs a day, which I find is pretty easy if I try. 80 grams definitely sounds doable. I should check that out and see what else it entails.

WOE stand for Way Of Eating
    There's a whole list of common acronyms in the launch pad if you want to get familiar with the others. You'll see a lot of them used on here
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The last couple of days I have been trying to keep carbs lower but it will definitely be a process, I am still just over 100..I need to eat less fruit, I have cut out the bread, potatoes, and rice..
  • pugglepants318
    pugglepants318 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Net - under 50, total- 50-75. I eat a lot of veggies and sometimes potatoes.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

@lisawinning4losing WOE is an Internet forum abbreviation for "way of eating" :smile:
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

WOE stand for Way Of Eating
    There's a whole list of common acronyms in the launch pad if you want to get familiar with the others. You'll see a lot of them used on here

Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Updated

Dan
  • jparks527
    jparks527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    It's definitely a process so don't get discouraged! It will take time and practice. Looking at the nutritional data of the foods you are eating and logging them in MFP will help you. When I first started Keto I aimed for 100g carbs per day for the first month. The second month my goal was 75g carbs per day. Third month my goal was 50g carbs per day, etc. Now, 18.5 months later, my daily total carb intake tends to fall in the range of 20-35g carbs. I don't like to go over 39g carbs per day at all.

I am also new, so I think I will try and keep it at the 100. Then work on dropping it. I am not diabetic, just needing to loose weight and strengthen my back muscles.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm coming up on 2 weeks of Keto and I fluctuate between 15-22 net carbs. I'm losing lbs according to the scale, but my pants still fit the same :/
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    aoffman wrote: »
    I'm coming up on 2 weeks of Keto and I fluctuate between 15-22 net carbs. I'm losing lbs according to the scale, but my pants still fit the same :/

I wouldn't worry too much, you might be one of those people like me that lose weight in their face/fingers/ankles first. I wish I lost weight from my stomach, but it's the last place I do. :(
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Stomach is my 2nd goal, I really want to lose my face weight first so I look/feel like my old self.
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    10-20 net carbs per day.