Team: The Big Butt Theory

Options

Replies

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    zydeco69 wrote: »
    Hi, I am Cindy. I am 46 years old. I am going through menopause and it is so tough to lose every pound. My weight has been up and down my whole life. Now it is up...way, way up. I have two boys and a step son. All are older 25,21 and 16. I have three grand children 2 girls and one boy. I want to get healthy so I can be around for a long time to see them grow. I also want to feel better and be able to do all the things I love to do (golf, ski, hiking). I am motivated but my body is fighting me or something weird. I started in January logging on MFP religiously and going to gym three days a week but have only taken off about 10 pounds but I know I have lost inches but I haven't measured which I need to do before this challenge. I find I do better when I have to be accountable. I am happy to be on this team. I am not a runner but I do the elliptical at the gym and weight training. Let's do this!! :smile:

Hi Cindy!! Welcome to the Big Butt Theory. We're glad to have you. Feel free to post your workouts here. I've decided to have Thursdays and Sundays as my 2 rest days. How often do you go to the gym?
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    How are you ladies recording your activity for the C25K program? It's not really walking and not really running so I wasn't sure.

I used my heart rate monitor to determine my calories burned then I created and added C25K under My Exercise.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    Day 1 c25k challenge day 1 fail....I will repeat day 1 tomorrow. Hopefully my toddler plays nice and let's me.!

Awe...hopefully tomorrow will go better for you. Tomorrow is my cardio day at the gym.
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy!! Welcome to the Big Butt Theory. We're glad to have you. Feel free to post your workouts here. I've decided to have Thursdays and Sundays as my 2 rest days. How often do you go to the gym?[/quote]

I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. 25 minutes on Elliptical, 20 min treadmill and 10 min bike. I went last night (Monday Night) I am going tonight. Exercise is a stress reliever for me. I go after work because I am no where near a morning person. I could never get up early to go to gym. I enjoy going after work. I have a workout buddy and that helps me so much!!
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    C25k day 1 complete! It's been a while, my legs feel like jello, lol!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Im Monet, 29. I have a 5year old and 1 year old. Ive been back and forth to MFP many times since I first joined. This is day 23 for me. This time will be my last time starting over. I am doing this so I can be around for my children. I already have HBP and probably diabetes but my goal is to be medication free. Since re-starting I have lost 8 Lbs!!! I am currently 210.0. My total goal is to get down eventually to 120. I'm only 5'2" so that's ok for me.

My diet and exercise plans for this challenge beginning Apr 1st...
    (1) 30Day Shred and NerdFitness
    (2) Diet: Stay within my calorie allowance 1400 a day
    (3) Water: 10 cups, 80oz a day

My weight loss goal for this challenge: Get into OneUnderLand!!! 199
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Great job EmilyM8705!! I know the feeling, my legs, especially my calves were killing me yesterday. I thought I'd wake up sore this morning but surprisingly didn't.

• Serendipity0913
    Options
    Welcome Naptownbabi! Looking forward to losing with you.
  • sliminby60
    sliminby60 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry ihave to pull out of this challange.things have come up so cant focus on it now
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    sliminby60 wrote: »
    I am so sorry ihave to pull out of this challange.things have come up so cant focus on it now

No worries sliminby60, life happens. I completely understand. If this month's challenge is successful I plan on running it monthly. Keep your eye out for us next month.

• SweeteeBri
    Options

That's great Emily!! Lol. It will get better I'm sure.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Hi all, Im Monet, 29. I have a 5year old and 1 year old. Ive been back and forth to MFP many times since I first joined. This is day 23 for me. This time will be my last time starting over. I am doing this so I can be around for my children. I already have HBP and probably diabetes but my goal is to be medication free. Since re-starting I have lost 8 Lbs!!! I am currently 210.0. My total goal is to get down eventually to 120. I'm only 5'2" so that's ok for me.

My diet and exercise plans for this challenge beginning Apr 1st...
    (1) 30Day Shred and NerdFitness
    (2) Diet: Stay within my calorie allowance 1400 a day
    (3) Water: 10 cups, 80oz a day

My weight loss goal for this challenge: Get into OneUnderLand!!! 199

Welcome to the group Monet!! I love your positive thinking :)

• SweeteeBri
    Options
    sliminby60 wrote: »

Awe...We wish you the best.

• SweeteeBri
    Options
    Hi Cindy!! Welcome to the Big Butt Theory. We're glad to have you. Feel free to post your workouts here. I've decided to have Thursdays and Sundays as my 2 rest days. How often do you go to the gym?

I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. 25 minutes on Elliptical, 20 min treadmill and 10 min bike. I went last night (Monday Night) I am going tonight. Exercise is a stress reliever for me. I go after work because I am no where near a morning person. I could never get up early to go to gym. I enjoy going after work. I have a workout buddy and that helps me so much!! [/quote]

That's great Cindy. I love the Ark Trainer!! I always use it when I go to the gym.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,972 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello Team The Big Butt Theory!!!!

I'm Jackie from Washington State, with a wonderful husband of 13 years, 3 kids and 2 adorable grand babies! I've been retired for a year so I get to watch my grand babies grow up, :)

I've lost 71 pounds and looking to get BACK in maintence! Since joining MFP, I've became a runner, NOT fast but a runner, :) Since moving from Las Vegas to Washington, I've joined a gym. The classes are really motivating for me!

Btw, sugar and chocolate are my downfall too! Once, I get going there's no stopping, :(:( Everyone who's doing the C25K, YOU CAN DO THIS If I can run so can you too, :) I'm looking forward to the rain stopping, here in Washington State. There's gorgous trails everywhere plus fablous parks with lakes.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Goooooo Team The Big Butt Theory!!!

Goals
    1) Run 3/4 days preferably outside
    2) Keep my sodium under / hit protein goal
    3) No No late night snacking (only fruit)
    4) Strength training - Bob Haper's, JM 30 day - Kettlebell
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,972 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Cindy. I am 46 years old. I am going through menopause and it is so tough to lose every pound. My weight has been up and down my whole life. Now it is up...way, way up. I have two boys and a step son. All are older 25,21 and 16. I have three grand children 2 girls and one boy. I want to get healthy so I can be around for a long time to see them grow. I also want to feel better and be able to do all the things I love to do (golf, ski, hiking). I am motivated but my body is fighting me or something weird. I started in January logging on MFP religiously and going to gym three days a week but have only taken off about 10 pounds but I know I have lost inches but I haven't measured which I need to do before this challenge. I find I do better when I have to be accountable. I am happy to be on this team. I am not a runner but I do the elliptical at the gym and weight training. Let's do this!! :smile:

I'm so with you, menopause, hasn't been nice to me either. I eat a candy bar a gain a pound.
  • iamaleaf
    iamaleaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Checking in :) Today I completed my strenght training routine and manage to lift heavier on a couple of exercises (I'm still super weak but every little bit makes me happy!) I'm also participating on this step challenge with a couple of friends and so far I've managed to take 36k steps since Monday (it's Wed here today), which is higher than my "goal" of 10k steps per day, so that also makes me happy :)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Hello Team The Big Butt Theory!!!!

I'm Jackie from Washington State, with a wonderful husband of 13 years, 3 kids and 2 adorable grand babies! I've been retired for a year so I get to watch my grand babies grow up, :)

I've lost 71 pounds and looking to get BACK in maintence! Since joining MFP, I've became a runner, NOT fast but a runner, :) Since moving from Las Vegas to Washington, I've joined a gym. The classes are really motivating for me!

Btw, sugar and chocolate are my downfall too! Once, I get going there's no stopping, :(:( Everyone who's doing the C25K, YOU CAN DO THIS If I can run so can you too, :) I'm looking forward to the rain stopping, here in Washington State. There's gorgous trails everywhere plus fablous parks with lakes.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Goooooo Team The Big Butt Theory!!!

Goals
    1) Run 3/4 days preferably outside
    2) Keep my sodium under / hit protein goal
    3) No No late night snacking (only fruit)
    4) Strength training - Bob Haper's, JM 30 day - Kettlebell

Welcome Jackie!! Glad to see so many runners on our team. :) Glad to have you.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    IAmALeaf wrote: »
    Checking in :) Today I completed my strenght training routine and manage to lift heavier on a couple of exercises (I'm still super weak but every little bit makes me happy!) I'm also participating on this step challenge with a couple of friends and so far I've managed to take 36k steps since Monday (it's Wed here today), which is higher than my "goal" of 10k steps per day, so that also makes me happy :)

Fantastic job!! Keep up the great job.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Gym day: 60 mins on Arc Trainer burned 571 cals. I soooo did not feel like working all day and then going to the gym BUT I did it any way and super proud of myself. :)