Introduce Your Lovly Self!

Options
2»

Replies

• Nursestyle
    Nursestyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello, nice to see a group dedicated to Yoga. I leaned on Yoga when I finally kicked my 25 yr smoking habit, it help me so much. It has been about 2 yrs now and I desire to start Yoga again and make it a daily lifestyle practice. I particularly love Kundalini yoga.
  • Salem53
    Salem53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Sarah. I love all things art. I like to paint, play instruments and sing, I like to color as well. :)

I have recently started training for a 10K. My husband is a runner I made a bet with him that I could beat his high school time because he basically said women sports were stupid. So that's kind of why I'm on myfitnesspal. lol.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do yoga. I would really like some tips or guidance, because I feel kind of lost just doing my yoga app exercises. I'm really interested in meditation/mindfulness as well.

I'm a writer by profession and so I don't have a very active lifestyle unless I am dedicated to it.

So yeah, that is me. :)
  • willybilly30
    willybilly30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i been trying to live healthier reading on healthy things. i do love meditation. i have done yoga a few times i orda make it a part of my life. i am in hamilton alabama
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Salem53 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Sarah. I love all things art. I like to paint, play instruments and sing, I like to color as well. :)

I have recently started training for a 10K. My husband is a runner I made a bet with him that I could beat his high school time because he basically said women sports were stupid. So that's kind of why I'm on myfitnesspal. lol.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do yoga. I would really like some tips or guidance, because I feel kind of lost just doing my yoga app exercises. I'm really interested in meditation/mindfulness as well.

I'm a writer by profession and so I don't have a very active lifestyle unless I am dedicated to it.

So yeah, that is me. :)

Hello! I feel like that yoga app is such a great place to start. :) (I wanted to say hi because I love all things art, as well.)
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm Jillian! I practice yoga (or union) every day. I am an art student in Los Angeles, CA. This city is so incredibly busy and overwhelming that dedicating 2-3 hours of time to health and wellness is essential to my sanity and positivity here (whether that be walking, meditating, or going to a yoga class) ...I am trying to heal. Every day, I aim to recover from unhealthy eating disorders, thoughts, actions, and words. I am very dedicated to my personal growth, and I strive to be a support for others. xoxoxo <3
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm June and I am a Mom, Nurse Practitioner and Yoga Instructor. Coming back to MFP to renew my commitment to health, fitness and happy living. Happy to find a group that focuses on the positive! Nice to meet you all!
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm... dragon1ady, and I am probably the biggest geek here, by far. For one, look at my name. In addition to that, I am genuinely excited about the Linksys AC1900 I just installed and activated, my day job involves teaching others how to repair computers, I play video games, I read every chance I get, and my favorite part of exercising is all these cool tracking gadgets that are everywhere these days. And I understand obscure Tolkien jokes and Star Trek references.

I also have high blood pressure and absolutely no tolerance for stress. I started doing a series of online yoga classes for beginners a little over a week ago, in the hopes it will help me with both these issues. I haven't seen any improvement so far, but my body feels much better (less back pains, yay!), and I'm enjoying it, so I plan to continue.

I've been away from healthy habits for a while, and yoga seemed like a good way to get back to taking good care of myself again.

Nice to meet you, everyone!
  • mandi734
    mandi734 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mandi and I am American, I am also a teenager so..yeah..but I have struggled with eating disorders for a large part of my life so far and recently upon discovering yoga and meditation I feel a lot more positive and comfortable within myself. I know American sign language and am very passionate about journalism. I am also a marching band geek :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Joe. After many years of being "wound as tight as a drum" I am on a path to find peace through mindfulness, meditation, tai chi etc...

Currently reading the book Savor: Mindful Eating Mindful Life. Hoping to find like minded people to learn from. Grateful to have found this group :)
  • Netty_Connelly
    Netty_Connelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Namaste Yogi's.

My name is Annette and I have 5 stone 6.8lbs to loose.
    I endeavour to maintain a daily yoga practice of Asana, Pranamaya, Meditation & Journaling. I attend two different yoga classes per week, in 2016 I completed the British Wheel of Yoga's Foundation Course (which I would very highly recommended if you are looking to expand your practice) and I'm now undertaking the Diploma course.

• LMMelch123
    LMMelch123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Namaste!
    I'm hoping this group is still active. I'm from NE Pennsylvania, and yes, currently digging out from the worst blizzard in these parts .... EVER!!!
    I am recently back on MFP and determined to make a difference this time ... (that sounds familiar, I know). The one difference this time is that I have included yoga and meditation into my routine. I am very new to it and want to learn as much as I can. I appreciate any advise.
    Best wishes!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    hello
    im looking for support with aporeciation for mindfulness.
    yes i do gentle yoga as i have arthritis and sciatica.
    peace

Michaela
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I used to be very active on MFP with cutting/bulking cycles until a back injury put me out of the game 2 years ago. Had to go to physical therapy and on my PT's advice tried yoga to increase core strength and flexibility and surprisingly fell in love with it. Now I am back and ready to lose some extra fluff. ;) I do a mix of yoga, cardio and weightlifting (doing a modified version of Strong Curves that goes easy on my back). Currently not counting calories as I can get a little too obsessive with it. Just focused on making healthier choices and watching my portions. Would love to add a few new friends who also love yoga, as I don't see too many people on MFP doing it.
  • RockinMBC
    RockinMBC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    New meditator and returning yoga enthusiast at 55. I love learning about Buddhist philosophy, playing music with my band mates, my miracle IVDD survivor pup and my hubby. May y’all be happy, may y’all be well.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a newly gotten back into yoga after a 30 year hiatus. :-)
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey team! My name is Jenn, and I have a home yoga practice that I've been doing since 2010 when I stopped doing yoga for fitness and started doing it for healing, self-awareness, and to help me cultivate more kindness. I meditate and value metaphysical conversation and ideas.

I have a food addiction and have since I was a child. I have never been overweight because most of my life I also had an addiction to exercise (not a good relationship), which I broke finally (with help) in 2011. Now I search for ways to be moderate and balanced in my life, with varied success.

Great to be here!

Jenn
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ReniaL wrote: »
    Things I really want is to go on holidays to Peru and see the Machu Picchu, to hug the ruins and feel their energy. This is one of my life's dreams

I also have a dream to visit Peru and Machu Picchu. Great to meet you!

Jenn