TEAM 3! Ready To Rock!!

Options

Replies

• lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So Welcome to America! Great job with miles Etc last week everybody. I'm still going with the squat challenge, getting tougher, anyone else hangin in there? Did the inner thighs today, will log when can. Not sure how to update sheets Pmm5pla, and don't want to mess anything up. Do the columns total on their own? I added minutes Etc from over the weekend, just catching up, so the totals may be off? My fav egg recipe is my own version of Eggs Benedict. Fresh spinach, sliced tomatoe, dropped egg, Avacado, with a sauce do home made mayo and Dijon mustard slightly heated over the top....yum! No bread needed. Good luck.
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Pat you did such an awesome job editing the spreadsheet last time I would be thrilled if you can again, even if it's not until Tuesday!

Dale, okay, I get it now. I guess I can't imagine not eating at least 1200 calories on a non-vomiting or fasting day, lol!!

On a side note I had a friend, male, who is 5'1" strictly dieting who weighs about 140. He was cutting his cals to 1000 a day. As I nurse I told him his body cannot remain healthy for long at that limit - and sure enough he ended up in the hospital with malnutrition. Even though I can't even begin to believe I would ever not eat enough, I guess that's something to watch out for, potentially, in the future.
  • Headrain
    Options
    Awesome new week is ahead, we lost 2portea who never really posted anything anyway, let's see how we do this week! The challenges sound fun! I'll go troll the other teams and see who has a lovely summary for me to copy! :-)
  • Headrain
    Options
    I emailed and posted comments to Pipsqueak and chatipati - both have been on mfp but have not logged minutes. Hopefully we hear something back. Hate losing people!!
  • Headrain
    Options
    I hope everyone has seen Melodie's week #3 golden ticket post. 3307 miles to Hershey, PA.

EVERYONE needs to try to do at least one Roadblock. They look quite doable this week. Of course, you can always do both for extra points! (Hint, hint!)

Roadblock#1 - Easter Egg Fitness Challenge Video. Each time you do this 5 minute workout, you get 5 points for a maximum of 25 points! The exercises can be modified if need be. For example, you can always put your foot down or you can rest between crunches, etcetera. Give it a try! (Bonus: exercise minutes each time you do it!)

Roadblock#2 - Post your favourite egg recipe on the thread that Melodie has started in the "Discussions" section. 10 easy points. I am also assuming she wants us to eat this recipe (or some eggs) this week!

Nutrition Challenge - Consume Omega-3's five days this week. 10 points, no partial points.
    I take an Omega-3 capsule every day, but if you are looking for them in your food, Ruffa has shared a link on our team thread.

Accountability Challenge - Drink half your water weight in ounces every day this week for 10 points. For example, if you weigh 160 LBS, you would drink 80 ounces of water each day, which is 10 cups.

Thanks again to team leader of team 4 for this summary!
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about the challenge, Lorna. It's nice to have it all in one place. I sure hope we don't lose too many team members! Hey, I found out today that spinach and romaine lettuce has Omega 3's. I'm in like Flynn, was planning on making a huge salad tomorrow and with a few nuts and seeds on top, I'll be Omega threed to the max!! Maybe I'll chop up some egg to finish it off!
  • JagZag
    Options
    Headrain wrote: »
    Pat you did such an awesome job editing the spreadsheet last time I would be thrilled if you can again, even if it's not until Tuesday!

Dale, okay, I get it now. I guess I can't imagine not eating at least 1200 calories on a non-vomiting or fasting day, lol!!

On a side note I had a friend, male, who is 5'1" strictly dieting who weighs about 140. He was cutting his cals to 1000 a day. As I nurse I told him his body cannot remain healthy for long at that limit - and sure enough he ended up in the hospital with malnutrition. Even though I can't even begin to believe I would ever not eat enough, I guess that's something to watch out for, potentially, in the future.

Yes, malnutrition is something to look out for with a lower calorie intake. I take vitamin and mineral supplements along with a B complex and B12, also Calcium (I'm old ya know). Now if I can just get off the frozen yogurt train I think I'll be okay. :)
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't know I needed to post my egg recipe in a different thread! Whoops!

I am actually up today from last week :( Bummer... hoping it's just water weight from my reward day. I'm supposed to take in 2,500 calories on reward days, but I went overboard and got closer to 3,300 calories that day. Not enough for more than a .5 lb of actual fat gain, but I'm up close to 3.5 pounds since Saturday! Yikes!

I also started taking a multi-vitamin again and it has Omega-3s :) woot woot!
  • JagZag
    Options
    Nicci93 wrote: »
    Oh I didn't know I needed to post my egg recipe in a different thread! Whoops!

I am actually up today from last week :( Bummer... hoping it's just water weight from my reward day. I'm supposed to take in 2,500 calories on reward days, but I went overboard and got closer to 3,300 calories that day. Not enough for more than a .5 lb of actual fat gain, but I'm up close to 3.5 pounds since Saturday! Yikes!

I also started taking a multi-vitamin again and it has Omega-3s :) woot woot!

Nicci, maybe you had a little too much sodium with those extra calories. Most likely water weight. I've been finding lots of foods that I eat that has omega 3's in them. Some a total surprise like lettuce! How far can you get from fish oil? I have remained the same, no gain no loss, but I am going to weigh tomorrow and see what happens. I'll skip the Chocolate Caramel Brownie frozen yogurt tonight and see if that helps.
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Spreadsheet updated for week #3. Also, @headrain .... are you able to calculate the extra points we gain by going over the miles to destination, as the spreadsheet does not calculate that?
  • JagZag
    Options
    Pmm5pla wrote: »
    Spreadsheet updated for week #3. Also, @headrain .... are you able to calculate the extra points we gain by going over the miles to destination, as the spreadsheet does not calculate that?
    Thanks Pat. :)
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    UPDATE: I think I've got the extra miles bonus points sorted. Perhaps you might check it Lorna..

also, update #2. Egg recipe .....

French Toast: wholemeal bread. 3 eggs whipped. add a little milk. Some butter in pan, heated. Dip bread in egg mix, and place in pan, turning when golden. Enjoy with tomatoes & avocado.

Posted also in Egg Recipe thread. 10 bonus points claimed.
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    Just thinking out loud, team colleagues.... Do we want to WIN this or simply participate? The KEY is the huge bonus points per person to be earned by doing the ROADBLOCK #1 challenge. I missed out on the irish dancing last week, but will commit to EASTER EGG VIDEO this week (25 points). Imagine if EVERYONE on the team were to complete this!
  • Headrain
    Options

Thanks for your second post as well that you believe it's counting them now. I'll have Melonie check it and ensure we are getting credit!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Pmm5pla thank you for making the spread sheets easier to log everything and for your encouragement. The point of this is to be accountable to your team and not just yourself, in the end everyone gains...the hardest part of anything is the first step, and the roadblocks really aren't that hard, so come on Variety Pack, you never know what you can accomplish until you try!

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Can someone enter my stuff on the spreadsheet? I'm in the mountains and my phone won't cooperate. 17th exercise (27)min, 18th (29) mins, and I've logged my food everyday. Thanks :-)
    Edit: I ate the rainbow colors every day too.
    Got it entered for you Kayla.

thank you!
  • JagZag
    Options
    Just thinking out loud, team colleagues.... Do we want to WIN this or simply participate? The KEY is the huge bonus points per person to be earned by doing the ROADBLOCK #1 challenge. I missed out on the irish dancing last week, but will commit to EASTER EGG VIDEO this week (25 points). Imagine if EVERYONE on the team were to complete this!
    I'm in it to WIN it! The Easter Egg video is an easy 25 pts. nothing hard about it. Already posted egg recipe, doing a lot of extra miles thanks to YOU, :# haha. Let's go Variety Pack!
  • JagZag
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Can someone enter my stuff on the spreadsheet? I'm in the mountains and my phone won't cooperate. 17th exercise (27)min, 18th (29) mins, and I've logged my food everyday. Thanks :-)
    Edit: I ate the rainbow colors every day too.
    Got it entered for you Kayla.

thank you!

You are very welcome.
  • Headrain
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? My work weeks has been seriously hurting my exercise time as well as some messing w my meals - except the day off I took on Wednesday, from work and eating right! But as always I paid for it w a terrible upset stomach Wednesday night thru Thursday am - and then had to pull 14 hrs work on Thursday. Ugggg. My body is always ready to remind me to eat healthy - or else!
  • JagZag
    Options
    Lorna, I think everyone must be racking up miles. Looks like it's just us two on here tonight. Haven't heard a word from anyone all day. Sorry to hear about your tummy problems, do you usually fast on Wednesday? I never get upset stomach when I fast, I used to get headaches but now I just cruise right through. I was doing a 24 hr. every other day but now just a couple times a week. I've been really working out hard the last couple of days so thought it might be best not to do 24 hr. fast this week. I'm in a step challenge on the fitbit site and really been trying to rack up the miles there. Of course, it helps with our challenge too.