THE INCREDIBLE EDIBLE EGG ROAD BLOCK 2 POST

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Here is a tasty egg burrito recipe that a coworker used to make on Sundays to have a week's worth of breakfast wraps in the fridge ... just nuke em in the microwave to warm up and you're ready to hit the road ... she used to eat them on the drive to work. Me? I like to make them for road trips or picnics to keep in a small cooler for food on the road ...

Saute small pieces of meat that you like until cooked through ... such as bacon, sausage, ground meat, italian sausage, minced ham ... set aside to cool on a paper towel lined plate.

While the meat is cooking, cut up whatever veggies float your boat .. onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and sometimes also add in celery and/or spinach and tomato. In the same pan you cooked your meat, saute the veggies until al-dente cooked ... set aside to cool in a bowl.

Depending on how much egg to veggie and meat ratio you like, while your veggies are cooking, break up to 12 eggs in a bowl and whisk together. You can add half-and-half or cream if you like, a little bit will do ... like perhaps 1/4 cup for 6 eggs. In the same pan you cooked your veggies, cook the eggs to a semi-firm to firm (but not hard) texture of scrambled egg. ... set the pan aside to cool when the eggs are cooked.

Optional -- while the eggs are cooling, grate some cheese to use as a topping
    also optional -- seasonings of your choice. I usually use pepper and sometimes add in fresh or dried herbs. Depending on what kind of meat you use, you may or may not want to add salt.

Assemble the breakfast egg burrito .... lay out your rounds of wraps ... I generally use the 12" rounds of whole wheat burrito style tortilla wraps, but you can also make small ones by using the 6" rounds instead.

Spoon some egg into the middle of half the burrito wrap and then add on some of the cooked veggies and some of the cooked meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, herbs, etc. Sprinkle on a little bit of shredded cheese ... and roll up the wrap by folding the top over the filling, then the two sides, and then completing the roll to the end ... like a burrito.

Wrap each burrito in paper ... microwaveable plastic wrap, waxed paper, parchment paper ... and stack em on a plate in the fridge for later.
  • sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My absolutely favourite egg dish would my grandmother's shakshouka. Done by grandmother of course, as we could never do it the same as hers. It's the favourite of all the family, even the extended. Of course, she doesn't measure the ingredients, but here's a guesstimate:
    1/2 Tbs olive oil (or canola/corn)
    1/2 medium onion
    1 small tomato
    1 or 2 eggs (depending on size)
    Saute onions in oil until golden, add tomatoes, salt & black pepper to taste, cover until soft.
    Now you've got 2 options for the eggs: either add them and scramble. Or add and make spaces in the whites (for the steam) and cover until cooked (sunny side up style). Serve with flat bread.
  • bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love fritatas so make a lot of these! 6 eggs cracked in a bowl, mix with a little milk, herbs, salt and pepper then I add peppers, cooked sliced baby boiled potatoes, a little ham and a sprinkle of cheese. Place in a baking tray and cook for around 25 mins. Delicious with salad, veg or beans and lovely cold and warmed through. Perfect for lunch boxes x
  • Jackiemac411
    Jackiemac411 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't cook much so omelettes but if I can, I whip up an omelette. I usually do 2 eggs with a little milk. I add pesto, spinach, ham and prosciutto. Sometimes I'll add a little salsa on top, but that's only if I'm feeling crazy! Enjoy!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My favorite way to have eggs is an omelet. Since nobody needs a recipe for that I bring you Eho-Maki which I made to celebrate the first day of spring.

gala0xpvu1u2.jpg
    Yeah, that's right. Basically it's an omelet rolled up into a sushi roll. I use any vegetables I like and leave out the fake crab since I can't be bothered to buy it.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm really boring with my eggs compared to you guys, but I personally just like them poached with black pepper and topped on salmon. I might have to try some of your lovely recipes this week
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is an avocado egg salad. It's super simple and delicious! 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped. 1 avocado, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mixed together! I like to make lettuce wraps with the egg salad in it or a sandwich.
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My fav egg recipe is my own version of Eggs Benedict. Fresh spinach, sliced tomatoe, dropped egg, Avacado, with a sauce of home made mayo and Dijon mustard slightly heated poured over the top....yum! No bread needed. Team 3.
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    French Toast: wholemeal bread. 3 eggs whipped. add a little milk. Some butter in pan, heated. Dip bread in egg mix, and place in pan, turning when golden. Enjoy with tomatoes & avocado.
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For an easy dinner ready in 10 min - I sautee peppers, onions, and garlic for 5 min. Then I add 2 egg whites and 1 egg scrambled. Serve with pepper and hot sauce. English muffin on the side if I'm really hungry.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My favourite omelet is 2 eggs, sautéed spinach and mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese. Yummy!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a big egg fan, but when I do eat eggs its usually an egg sandwich. All you do is throw some eggs in a pan, add literally anything you want to it, i usually add tomato, olives, and spinach. Then put it on some bread, in a tortilla, or on top of a bagel. Yum!
  • dittybugdesigns
    dittybugdesigns Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love deviled eggs. Very simple recipe- in a bowl chop up your hard boiled yolk and in another combine reduced calorie mayo, a little mustard and paprika. Mix together until you have a smooth consistency. Stuff eggs and sprinkle more paprika on eggs, refrigerate and enjoy :)
  • issy62087
    issy62087 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Poached Egg Spinach Salad
    Raw Spinach
    2 Slices of Bacon (crumbled)
    1 Tbs Chopped Red Onion (Raw)
    1 Tbs Vinagarette Dressing
    1/4 Cup Sourdough Croutons
    1 Poached Egg
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    leti126 wrote: »
    One of my favorites is an avocado egg salad. It's super simple and delicious! 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped. 1 avocado, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mixed together! I like to make lettuce wraps with the egg salad in it or a sandwich.

Just made this.... so yummy!! Thanks for the idea
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't like to cook and am always looking for easy recipes, and one of my favorites is a "healthy" egg mcmuffin using frozen egg white patties: Toast an English muffin. Microwave 1 egg white patty for 90 seconds. Add a slice of American cheese to the top and put back into the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Place onto muffin and enjoy! I sometimes add another slice of cheese on the bottom and/or some chipotle mayo for spice. Delicious and ready in 2 minutes.
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mexican Devil's & green Devil's - basicly deviled eggs with a twist.. Hard boil a dozen eggs, peel, cut in half, pull out yolks and set aside. For half of the eggs, mash an avocado, make your favorite version of guac, and stuff. For the other half, mash the yolks, mix with 1/4 cup sour cream, dice a jalapeño ( or two), Stuff, then sprinkle the whole tray with paprika and sea salt. You can also use diced pimentos instead of jalapeños if you want redish colored filling.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite! Make a batch of them Sunday night and they're perfect for on the go or a little mid morning snack at work!

3 cups broccoli florets
    4 ounce (6 strips) turkey bacon
    9 eggs
    3 egg whites
    1/2 cup 2% milk
    1/2 cup grated cheddar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions
    1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add broccoli. Cook 3 minutes; drain. Roughly chop and cool slightly. Set aside.
    2. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until slightly crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Dice and set aside to cool.
    3. Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper, broccoli and bacon.
    4. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Ladle mixture among cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through.
    5. Cool slightly. Remove quiches with a small offset spatula. Cool completely and refrigerate.
    6. To serve: Wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 30 to 45 seconds, until warm.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Egg & banana pancake! Mash 1 banana in a bowl. Whisk in 2 eggs. fry like you would a pancake. YUM! I usually sprinkle a little cinnamon on mine. It already has a sweetness to it so there is no need to pour syrup on it. The texture and taste reminds me of french toast.

This sounded so good, I had to try it. I don't make pancakes very often and it's been a long time. I put it in a small skillet, should have used bigger or made it into two smaller pancakes. Also should have used a little more butter because I had a little bit of sticking issues. But it is starting to look more and more like a pancake (broken in halves