Team: The Big Butt Theory

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,968 Member
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Gym day: 60 mins on Arc Trainer burned 571 cals. I soooo did not feel like working all day and then going to the gym BUT I did it any way and super proud of myself. :)

Nice job, sometimes pushing yourself when you don't feel like going are th best workouts!!!!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Margie, 51 yrs. old, two kids, and work two jobs.
    I am a stress/emotional eater. Also, hopefully on the backside of menopause. Chocolate WAS a food group for years in my life.
    My "25th" birthday is coming up in May and I would like to be a lot closer to my first 25th birthday weight.
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gym day: 60 mins on Arc Trainer burned 571 cals. I soooo did not feel like working all day and then going to the gym BUT I did it any way and super proud of myself. :)

Nice job, sometimes pushing yourself when you don't feel like going are th best workouts!!!!

Thanks Jackie!! I felt great afterwards.

memery7 wrote: »
    I am a stress/emotional eater. Also, hopefully on the backside of menopause. Chocolate WAS a food group for years in my life.
    My "25th" birthday is coming up in May and I would like to be a lot closer to my first 25th birthday weight.

Welcome to the group Margie!! Wow...2 jobs...how do you find time for anything else :) Truth be told, I'm still in love with chocolate....Lol.
  • memery7
    Options

Thanks Jackie!! I felt great afterwards.

memery7 wrote: »

Welcome to the group Margie!! Wow...2 jobs...how do you find time for anything else :) Truth be told, I'm still in love with chocolate....Lol.

Both of my jobs for the most part have flexible schedules. I am starting to get behind with things since I started tracking and planning everything that I eat and excersing. But I do believe that it will be worth it in the long run.
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Sorry...I have to ask what is the Arc Trainer?
  • zydeco69
    Options
    zydeco69 wrote: »

Nevermind...I googled it. Looks kinda like Elliptical Trainer, right?
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options

Actually it is but the Arc trainer has no movement for arms! I actually like the Arc trainer more, :) I've been going to the gym for about a year and love it! They actually, opened one 2 1/2 miles from my house! It's only been opened about a month but so convenient.

Most mornings I have my husband drop me off on his way to work and spend a couple hours. I'll walk home afterward, :) I've been doing the Stair Master 3 days a week, it's kind of cool.

When I first moved here from Las Vegas a year ago, I wasn't into strength training. I basically would get up before having to work and run. Since moving to Washington, I've branched out with my workouts trying different things.

I just finished my Bob Harper's strength training, a year ago I tried, it was a no go. I thought to myself, "are you kidding me". So my point,is making a lot of mini goals WILL turn into larger goals.

Looking forward to this challenge. Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options

Yep. It reminds me of riding a bike uphill :) NOTHING give me a greater burn than the Arc Trainer. When I first tried it, I only lasted about 3 minutes...Lol...now I go 60 minutes. Yay me!! :smiley:
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yep. It reminds me of riding a bike uphill :) NOTHING give me a greater burn than the Arc Trainer. When I first tried it, I only lasted about 3 minutes...Lol...now I go 60 minutes. Yay me!! :smiley:

Yay you!!!!!!! I have a thought do we want to do a mini challenge for our team! We can all take turns picking something for the week. @SweeteeBri, what do you think? We could do something like no eating after a certain time or make your cal orie goal 5/7 days,
  • SweeteeBri
    Options

Yay you!!!!!!! I have a thought do we want to do a mini challenge for our team! We can all take turns picking something for the week. @SweeteeBri, what do you think? We could do something like no eating after a certain time or make your cal orie goal 5/7 days,

Thanks Jackie. I'm up for anything. Sounds good to me. Count me in!!
  • SweeteeBri
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cardio Day

C25K: W1 D2....done.
    Added Arc Trainer for 40 mins to today's workout since tomorrow is a rest day for me. Total calories burned today 739. Total minutes 70.

How is everyone doing with the C25K?
  • memery7
    Options
    Cardio Day

Added Arc Trainer for 40 mins to today's workout since tomorrow is a rest day for me. Total calories burned today 739. Total minutes 70.

I've only gotten as far as reading about it.
  • memery7
    Options
    I am thinking about investing in an activity tracker. I can come up with the calories that I burn on my exercise bike and walking that are pretty accurate. But I would like to have a better count for when I am using my dvds and when I am at my night job. I am a server and kind of use parts of my job as a gym.
  • iamaleaf
    iamaleaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cardio Day

I ended up deciding to join you guys and started C25K on this manual treadmill I have at home... Wow that was intense! I also did my weekly 30 min swim (pool is far from home so I can't really fit more sessions) this morning which ended up being around 700 mts (26 laps of 25mts each). Feeling good :)
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like challenges, little or not they keep me motivated. I will be doing day 2 today of c25k, depending on my schedule tomorrow. I will either complete day 3 tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Hoping to get back on the monday, Wednesday and Friday schedule next week. I've been thrown all of this week. And tomorrow my husband is off work and we have lots of running and errands to get done so I know the I will be able to get my step goal in, lol.

For those who have big meals on Easter. What are your plans? Make that your cheat day, stick with your plans and still count? I'm not planning to count since we will be traveling (6+ hours in the car), but I do plan to not cheat either. I am going to premeasure and pack healthy snacks, and my grandma always cooks the same things so I know what I can and can't have. This will be my first get together since I started my journey so I am a little nervous that temptation will get the best of me. I plan to bring a large water bottle to help as well.
  • iamaleaf
    iamaleaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any meals planned, but for the times that I do I try to keep the damage at a minimum... This is roughly what works for me, it might not be perfect but it certainly stops me from going down the slippery slope and binging for a week because "what's the point".

If I can accommodate the meals in my calorie goal by reducing portions etc, I do so. Unfortunately, realistically sometimes not everything can be planned/controlled and instead of giving up and just calling it a cheat day (that can be dangerous) I call it at maintenance day and eat at maintenance instead, nothing lost, nothing gained, but that's ok (and certainly better than the damage I could cause by saying "screw it", it still allows you to feel in control while giving you some more wiggle room).

Something else I try to do is, if I know a big meal/day is coming which will be hard to keep on "good" numbers, I wake up early and exercise in advance to try to offset that "damage".

At the end of the day I think the most important thing is your mindset... When what you eat is a voluntary choice that you make/plan for/ offset etc, you'll still feel in control which will help you not go down the slippery slope. I think that one of the worst mindsets is the whole "oh I already screwed up the day, might as well keep going!". I try to think of food/weight loss a bit like debt/a savings account. Whether you think about it or not, everything you put in your body (and everything you don't) counts. So going over your calorie limit by 500 cal is still better than going over by 3000.

I also think it's important not to feel like you're a slave of a "diet" or anything, cause that can easily make you feel deprived and sad, which then goes back to the whole "screw it". You are in control always and you make the choices, you can always decide how you want to tackle it, and I actually enjoy planning for all of those inconveniences in life and getting creative about how to make the best of it. At the end of the day, this is a lifestyle change and managing all those things you can't control by adjusting the ones you can will help you make this journey a lot more enjoyable.

Sorry if I rambled too much, I guess I got inspired haha. Good luck this weekend!

• zydeco69
    Options

Nevermind...I googled it. Looks kinda like Elliptical Trainer, right?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yay you!!!!!!! I have a thought do we want to do a mini challenge for our team! We can all take turns picking something for the week. @SweeteeBri, what do you think? We could do something like no eating after a certain time or make your cal orie goal 5/7 days, [/quote]

I like this idea of having mini challenges. I do not have a gym by me that has an Arc Trainer. So don't have any mini challenges that includes using the Arc Trainer. I can't imagine doing 60 minutes on any piece of equipment. Not that I couldn't do it but I get EXTREMELY bored. I have to move around. 15 min here, 10 min here, 25 min here....I just can't do it. Do you just listen to music when you work out or do you read or listen to Auto books? Just curious. I always wonder how people get through their workouts. I can't wait until weather gets nicer here. I love to walk outside. That makes the time go fast. Also, my friend who goes to the gym with me because she talks non stop and I just listen. LOL! That makes time fly too!

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Morning,

@IAmALeaf, well said, I totally agree with you 100%. "At the end of the day, this is a lifestyle change and managing all those things you can't control by adjusting the ones you can will help you make this journey a lot more enjoyable." This isn't a diet but a life long journey, there might times you slip up but you bounce back the next day.

My plan is to prelog what I can and use portion control. We're meeting up with my kids and grandkids Saturday for lunch and park time. Since all my kids are grown and chocolate won't be a factor. I'm also going to get a workout at the gym early, this will help with my mind set for later on.

Next weekend WILL be a challenge for me since I'll have my grand kids for 3 days. I plan on pre planning my food then too!

Today's plans are to take a cycling class and get a run in. Go Big But Theory :)<3:)

• SweeteeBri
    Options
    IAmALeaf wrote: »
    Cardio Day

I ended up deciding to join you guys and started C25K on this manual treadmill I have at home... Wow that was intense! I also did my weekly 30 min swim (pool is far from home so I can't really fit more sessions) this morning which ended up being around 700 mts (26 laps of 25mts each). Feeling good :)

That's fantastic!! Glad you decided to join us in the C25K:)
  • SweeteeBri
    edited March 2016
    Options

I like this idea of having mini challenges. I do not have a gym by me that has an Arc Trainer. So don't have any mini challenges that includes using the Arc Trainer. I can't imagine doing 60 minutes on any piece of equipment. Not that I couldn't do it but I get EXTREMELY bored. I have to move around. 15 min here, 10 min here, 25 min here....I just can't do it. Do you just listen to music when you work out or do you read or listen to Auto books? Just curious. I always wonder how people get through their workouts. I can't wait until weather gets nicer here. I love to walk outside. That makes the time go fast. Also, my friend who goes to the gym with me because she talks non stop and I just listen. LOL! That makes time fly too!

The Arc Trainer has a tv attached to it that you plug your headphones into. I watch an hr long show like Criminal Minds (last night's show). If there's nothing on tv I want to watch, then I listen to my music. It really does make the time go by fast.