New to the Group and Low Carb

Options
shans34
shans34 Posts: 535 Member
Hello, I have been struggling to lose weight for years and I finally attempted low carb. I found out it not only works... it works WELL. I have been steadily loosing weight since I started a couple weeks ago. I'm already down 14lbs and I have never had this kind of success before. I am excited but still learning.

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your success so far. This is a great group and the folks here
    are very knowledgeable and friendly. I recommend reading the Announcements and information posted at the top of the group. You will find many informative posts, answers to FAQs. I've been posting and reading (and losing lots of weight) with this group for the past 10 months. Best thing I ever did for myself!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO! Welcome to the group!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Welcome aboard :smile:
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbie and congrats!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Congrats and be aware a lot of people slow down around 2nd or 3rd weeks for a few weeks (I did for 3 weeks) though u might think it's not working if this happens to you just keep reading here asking questions and doing what you have been doing the scale will start moving again.. A lot of people measure so they can see the loss during times like this. I didn't (wish I had because I'm in aww of seeing the clothes u use to wear!) I logged daily in happy scale app and when I went threw slow times like that I could look back and see how long they lasted so I was always calm when I slowed or stopped loosing because when I started back I would drop big numbers all at once. Like others said trust in this and you will achieve what your looking for. Good luck!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @shans34 Welcome.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Fellow newb here! Excited to be starting this journey. It's something I've thought about for a long time. Just counting calories seems to be failing me in the long term, so, I thought I would give this a try.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you. I need to lose 100+ lbs so I can use all the support I can get
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Welcome home ! You are in the right place. This woe ( way of eating) makes sticking to a long term goal much more doable. You are not alone. There is so much knowledge and support here.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm very happy to hear that you've been experiencing such great success with low carb.
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So happy to find this group! I've been doing LCHF since 2/28. Have lost just 5 lbs. It's a little discouraging seeing/reading about huge losses that others are seeing. I'm sure it will come... just taking longer for me I guess. I feel fantastic though and that is important to me. To feel good and to have actually stuck to this WOE for almost a solid month.

Feel free to add me as a friend and check out my diary. If anyone has any suggestions on improving what I'm eating each day, feel free to tell me. Suggestions are welcome!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    jenjim2021 wrote: »
    So happy to find this group! I've been doing LCHF since 2/28. Have lost just 5 lbs. It's a little discouraging seeing/reading about huge losses that others are seeing. I'm sure it will come... just taking longer for me I guess. I feel fantastic though and that is important to me. To feel good and to have actually stuck to this WOE for almost a solid month.

Feel free to add me as a friend and check out my diary. If anyone has any suggestions on improving what I'm eating each day, feel free to tell me. Suggestions are welcome!

@jenjim2021 welcome during my first 6 weeks I did not lose even the first pound and was surprised somehow I lost a few inches of fat especially in the face. People kept saying something about I had lost weight and at first I thought they were making fun of me.

As long as our health markers are improving our WOE is working for us short and long term. 1.5 years in I am even more excited than ever.