Team 4

Options

Replies

• summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy Sunday Wildflowers...... I am really proud of us all. Keep up the great work.

I have updated the spreadsheet for this upcoming week to add the color and formulas to add the totals up.

I just want to say that I have struggled with my weight for a long time and for the first time in a LONG time I am having fun losing weight and really appreciate being on the same team as all of you. Let's keep up the hard work and keep on being active and eating right majority of the time :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Tori, your exercising is awesome! (I hope you recorded all those minutes and the Irish dance roadblock on the spreadsheet!) Keep plugging away and the eating will come. You just got to keep trying!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks, Melanie, for the spreadsheet update.

So....are we all ready to travel to Hershey, Pa?!! I actually went camping there as a kid on a summer vacation. I remember there was an amusement park, that's all. I remember we also went to Gettysburg; my Dad was interested in the Civil War history. This time I get to go there with all of you! And if we enjoy some chocolate while we are there, we'll just log it first!!! Good night, Wild Flowers!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Wildflowers! :)
    I am so excited for this week's challenge. i actually love eggs, tuna, salmon and foods that happened to have high omega 3, I have more reason to eat them this week lol
    also, somebody posted a link on the other thread of the list of foods fortified with omega 's and i am simply re-posting it here.

webmd.com/diet/guide/your-omega-3-family-shopping-list

yall have a great day! kick some butttt today, like always! xoxo
  • ruffalicious
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Thanks, Melanie, for the spreadsheet update.

So....are we all ready to travel to Hershey, Pa?!! I actually went camping there as a kid on a summer vacation. I remember there was an amusement park, that's all. I remember we also went to Gettysburg; my Dad was interested in the Civil War history. This time I get to go there with all of you! And if we enjoy some chocolate while we are there, we'll just log it first!!! Good night, Wild Flowers!

yesss Lisa, we are ready! :smiley: i haven't been to Hershey Pa at all. sounds like a nice place though, I have a sweet tooth as well and chocolate sounds so yummy right now. have you tried the kinder joy chocolate? the one that shaped like eggs? i tried it before and it's so delicious.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Congratulations, Team Wild Flowers! What a great week we had getting to Ireland! We overshot our minutes by 64%!! There were five of us who were able to exercise all seven days last week, including Shelby, Ruffa, Tori and Mauli. Over 600 minutes each for Shelby and Ruffa....way to go, ladies! We had five brave souls attempt the Irish dance, almost all of us did the five colour food rainbow challenge and 66% of us logged our meals for 5 days. I'd say that is a recipe for success! Keep up the great work, team!

IF ANY OF YOU STILL HAVE ENTRIES TO MAKE TO THE SPREADSHEET, PLEASE GET THEM IN SOON SO I CAN UPDATE OUR AMAZING TOTAL!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning, Ruffa! Thanks for re-posting that Omega-3 foods link. I saw that one, too. I take an Omega-3 capsule every day, so I don't even think about it, but if you are wondering where to get your Omega-3's from food, then check it out!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I hope everyone has seen Melodie's week #3 golden ticket post. 3307 miles to Hershey, PA. That should be a piece of (low calorie) cake for us!!

EVERYONE needs to try to do at least one Roadblock. They look quite doable this week. Of course, you can always do both for extra points! (Hint, hint!)

Roadblock#1 - Easter Egg Fitness Challenge Video. Each time you do this 5 minute workout, you get 5 points for a maximum of 25 points! The exercises can be modified if need be. For example, you can always put your foot down or you can rest between crunches, etcetera. Give it a try! (Bonus: exercise minutes each time you do it!)

Roadblock#2 - Post your favourite egg recipe on the thread that Melodie has started in the "Discussions" section. 10 easy points. I am also assuming she wants us to eat this recipe (or some eggs) this week!

Nutrition Challenge - Consume Omega-3's five days this week. 10 points, no partial points.
    I take an Omega-3 capsule every day, but if you are looking for them in your food, Ruffa has shared a link on our team thread.

Accountability Challenge - Drink half your water weight in ounces every day this week for 10 points. For example, if you weigh 160 LBS, you would drink 80 ounces of water each day, which is 10 cups.

Good luck, Team Wild Flowers! Let's get on our way to Hershey, PA!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Egg recipe posted
  • CKS0806
    Options
    I searched for omega food can I do walnuts??
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Yes, walnuts are on the list! Oh, and the egg recipe thread is under "Announcements", not "Discussions". (I think most of you have found it already).
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Well, I had one of those nights last night where I didn't sleep. So, today I was going nowhere. I stayed in and did the dumbbell challenge, some squats and the Easter Egg Fitness Challenge video twice. It only added up to 25 minutes, but it's better than nothing! Oh, and I drank my nine glasses of water and took my omega-3 capsule. Hope you all a great start to your week!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Okay, so I lied. I coerced my husband into a short brisk walk. 27 minutes. I need to get as much in before the weekend, because my opportunities then will be limited. Good night!
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Last week's family illness hit me hard on the scale this week...ugh. Over 2 weeks I lost 3 lbs, but last week I gained all 3 right back!! It's crazy what a single week can do. I hardly made it to the gym. I made it to the gym yesterday morning before work and I'm hoping I can get in a late night session after I put the little one to bed tonight. I'm trying to make it a point to pack my lunch every night for work. We have a cafeteria at work (I work on a college campus), which includes a large salad bar. So if worse comes to worse I can have that for lunch.

Hope everyone else had a successful weigh-in!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan for success, Kate. Lunch packing is a great idea! Good luck with the gym workout tonight!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Okay Team 4, we've become pretty silent on this thread. Let's get moving and post our accomplishments! I didn't get to the gym yesterday like I had planned; I ended up doing my grocery shopping for Easter dinner instead. So, today I ran and walked on the treadmill for 57 minutes, did the 5 minute Easter Egg Fitness video (my 3rd time!) and did the dumbbell challenge for a total of 75 minutes.
  • ruffalicious
    Options
    Good morning team mates :smiley: I did zumba yesterday and worked out for 65 minutes. i ate good but could be better if my sodium in take wasn't that high :neutral: i ate some eggs and tuna today too.

i hope everyone is having a great week so far and enjoying crushing the road blocks :)
  • misstori4
    misstori4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I got up before the kids on Tuesday and Wednesday to workout this week. That is a huge accomplishment. I was also inspired to try asparagus and mozzerella cheese in my scrambled eggs. It turned out really yummy, my 18month old even ate it. Way to go Ruffa on the Zumba! That's what I did on Tuesday. 75 minutes Lisa! That's awesome. I need to get on those roadblock challenges. Kate-so sorry to hear you gained some weight with the illness last week. Thank you for sharing and being real about it. Here's to hoping you have a better week!
  • CKS0806
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I didn't have time to do the workout today, had too many errands to do. Will make it up in next three days and with lot going on I had some days I cheated after long time since January 4th. I need to get back on track.
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I honestly fell of track a lot this week. didn't do any exercise expect one 35 min run/walk. I wish house work counted as exercise because i'd have a heck of a lot to log then lol. I ended up trying to get myself back on track yesterday with logging my food again and did my exercise again. I'm going to the gym today since I have a 4 day weekend off due to Easter.