Are you having any Easter indulgents? If so what?

Options
ettaterrell
ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
Anyone allowing anything they might not have weekly, for Easter? I'm going to allow as many cals as I want for the day. And hubby is wanting some black eyed peas and I might give in and have some (close to my goal) last time I had any beans I stopped loosing for 2/3 weeks but at this point I'm ok with out a loss.
What's everyone else allowing?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'll probably have some of the veggie cheese dishes I have planned. I am mainly carnivore for April, but not strictly so yet. I may have some avocado and cocoa too. Yummy.

... I love that a veggie cheese dish is now an indulgence for me. ;) LOL

My calories are all over the place right now, so I am guessing I'll be over 2500kcal.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm allowing myself what I truly want and leaving the rest. I'm hosting this year and I try to balance it out. I may have a piece of cake but I'll also have a raw veggie spread for snacking. I know It's not really about the food but I'm going to eat anyway. I just refuse to beat myself up over it.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've had some sweets already, going for fish fry tonight. Maybe a little bunny cake on Sunday.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Dessert in on the menu for Sunday - maybe a small piece of cake, alternates are some custard and go that route or strawberries and cream. Also, alcohol might be a problem. I'm going to try to get a run in tomorrow and go under cals. Today was a perfect day, so hopefully the weekend will balance out.
  • Ellemarie72
    Ellemarie72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Maybe a piece of Easter candy or something, I didn't plan dessert. For apps, I'm making sweet & spicey deviled eggs. For dinner, ham, asparagus w/hollandaise sauce, and kids are having mashed potatoes, but we're having garlic/cauliflower mash. Happy holiday weekend all!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I've decided to go for the big lamb leg roast! It's going to be way too much protein because I always overindulge on hot roasted meat. I can't resist the crispy outside and soft melty meat on the inside.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Maybe a piece of Easter candy or something, I didn't plan dessert. For apps, I'm making sweet & spicey deviled eggs. For dinner, ham, asparagus w/hollandaise sauce, and kids are having mashed potatoes, but we're having garlic/cauliflower mash. Happy holiday weekend all!

You had me at deviled eggs but sweet and spicy??? Please share recipe lol
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    I've decided to go for the big lamb leg roast! It's going to be way too much protein because I always overindulge on hot roasted meat. I can't resist the crispy outside and soft melty meat on the inside.

Are you cooking lamb leg? Big share recipe I love lamb!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    At @ettaterrell not really using a recipe. Just going to roast a garlic, smoosh it up and mix with some melted ghee, salt & pepper the leg, cover it in the garlic butter and pat on some fresh rosemary.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    At @ettaterrell not really using a recipe. Just going to roast a garlic, smoosh it up and mix with some melted ghee, salt & pepper the leg, cover it in the garlic butter and pat on some fresh rosemary.

Yum. We are having lamb on Sunday too (my Aussie husband's choice) but looking out at our Canadian snowy landscape.

We are having guests and have included one diabetic chocolate bar from our local chocolatier (we will be sharing it with our guests for dessert.)
  • kz_dc
    kz_dc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I might eat quiche with crust and champagne at my sister's brunch after Mass. And then I'll have a slice of whatever dessert my boyfriend's mother makes after dinner. Just to be polite, of course. ;-)
  • ettaterrell
    Options

Oh my goodness!!!! That sounds amazing....
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    kz_dc wrote: »
    I might eat quiche with crust and champagne at my sister's brunch after Mass. And then I'll have a slice of whatever dessert my boyfriend's mother makes after dinner. Just to be polite, of course. ;-)

Speaking of crust... You just made me want to make tomato pie!!! Just layers of tomato,cheese and mayo (I would add bacon too) baked. My sil makes hers with tomato, fresh basil and mozzarella then baked. All in a pie crust of course lol I add philo dough as a top crust
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sugar free marshamallow easter egg and making soul 'bread'
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nah, I haven't had Easter eggs since I was a kid. Hubby bought be a beautiful plant for my garden, zero calories lol
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday tomorrow and my grandmother always cooks me chicken and dumplings. I'm just going to enjoy the day. Stay under my calories as best I can, but enjoy it. I may gain some water weight back, but I'm expecting it and not going to fret.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    jyiakw1906qo.jpeg

Roasted the lamb leg today, it turned out delicious. I decided to be brave and cook potatoes with it. I have refused to cook starches for months now as I haven't been able to prepare them and not eat them, but I wanted my husband to have a nice meal and not feel forced to eat like me. I'm happy to say I didn't touch them. I made a yummy salad to go with mine with a homemade creamy dressing. I'm never using store bought dressing again! The only problem is I didn't use a recipe and just made it to taste, so it might be hard to replicate lol.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I didn't plan to but ended up sampling too much of the kids candy from their egg hunt today.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    jyiakw1906qo.jpeg

Roasted the lamb leg today, it turned out delicious. I decided to be brave and cook potatoes with it. I have refused to cook starches for months now as I haven't been able to prepare them and not eat them, but I wanted my husband to have a nice meal and not feel forced to eat like me. I'm happy to say I didn't touch them. I made a yummy salad to go with mine with a homemade creamy dressing. I'm never using store bought dressing again! The only problem is I didn't use a recipe and just made it to taste, so it might be hard to replicate lol.

Hahaha my husband is pretty skinny I've had to cook normal for him this whole journey I just eat what I can and make starches for him. Being from south we are meat and potatoes and that lamb dish looks amazing!! And don't the dishes we make with out following a recipe always turn out amazing and i can never do again!!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I will indulge in my own delicious saffron infused rice tomorrow. I only make it once a year for Easter. I start by sautéing onions in lots of butter, then add the rice and fry it a bit, coating each grain in butter. Add my own homemade chicken broth, rich in flavour, saffron and salt and pepper. I infuse the broth in saffron so that it dissolves into the broth. It's the world's most expensive spice, so I don't want it to be in just one clump in the pot! I finish it with more butter after it's cooked. It goes well with the Easter ham and devilled eggs and salad.

After Easter.... No starch at all ! But I will enjoy it tomorrow. Funny how the simplest foods are treats now. Rice isn't something I would have considered to be a junk food in the past. But now it is only a very occasional treat.