THE INCREDIBLE EDIBLE EGG ROAD BLOCK 2 POST

Options
1235»

Replies

• MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible cook. My go to egg meals are a Costco breakfast sandwich. I usually separate the bun, meat/cheese and egg so I can take the bun out earlier so it doesn't get to hard from microwaving... and then microwave the rest until the cheese starts darkening.

Or, I make a poached egg and add some red rooster sriracha. I'm pretty much in love with that hot sauce.
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I don't do alot of cooking....but I can scramble up some mean eggs!

2 eggs
    1/2 c Fat Free half & half
    4-5 Slices Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese (thin sliced)
    Onion & bell pepper

Heat a pan w/some EVOO and scramble it all together. When fully cooked put on a plate (in my case a paper plate so I don't have to do extra dishes!) Top w/salsa and sliced jalapeños. Enjoy!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My favorite egg recipe is the one with the peanut butter filling and chocolate coating, but I don't suppose that is what we're really supposed to post here. So I will go with a nice spring favorite.

I have friends who raise chickens and keep us supplied with beautiful multi colored fresh eggs. The bowl full of pastel colored eggs is almost too pretty to destroy for an omelette, but I have no mercy. I make this for dinner and it serves at least 2, sometimes 3.

1 Cup asparagus, steamed and cut into bite size pieces
    1 leek, thinly sliced and gently sauted
    2-3 strips of bacon crumbled
    1 cup Mushrooms, sliced, gently sauted (or canned if that's your thing)
    3-6 large eggs, well beaten
    1/4 cup italian blend shredded cheese

Warm the first four ingredients in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the eggs over everything and either cook omelette style, or if you are like me and too impatient to be pretty about it, just keep stirring until everything is mixed up and the eggs are cooked. Plate and top with cheese to your liking.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    My favorite egg recipe is the one with the peanut butter filling and chocolate coating, but I don't suppose that is what we're really supposed to post here. So I will go with a nice spring favorite.

I have friends who raise chickens and keep us supplied with beautiful multi colored fresh eggs. The bowl full of pastel colored eggs is almost too pretty to destroy for an omelette, but I have no mercy. I make this for dinner and it serves at least 2, sometimes 3.

1 Cup asparagus, steamed and cut into bite size pieces
    1 leek, thinly sliced and gently sauted
    2-3 strips of bacon crumbled
    1 cup Mushrooms, sliced, gently sauted (or canned if that's your thing)
    3-6 large eggs, well beaten
    1/4 cup italian blend shredded cheese

Warm the first four ingredients in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the eggs over everything and either cook omelette style, or if you are like me and too impatient to be pretty about it, just keep stirring until everything is mixed up and the eggs are cooked. Plate and top with cheese to your liking.

Definitely lol'd over the peanut butter egg!! Love them too!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Here's mine. I used this one for a while . I usually make a bunch at a time they freeze well and you can mix the variations .
    Ingredients:

4 scallions (or green onions), minced
    2 carrots, shredded
    1/2 red bell pepper, minced
    1/2 zucchini, shredded
    14 egg whites
    4 whole eggs
    1/2 tsp basil
    1/4 tsp oregano
    Dash of sea salt and pepper
    Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-muffin tin with olive oil (using a mister)

2. Combine vegetables in a big bowl. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with vegetables.

You may add cheese switch up the veggies

I use these for breakfast in the go. They heat up in seconds in the microwave .
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just for variety: egg drop soup.

Get your favorite stock to boiling then crack your egg and drop it in whilst stirring the broth with a fork. Leaves yolk whole and whites finely distributed. Fastest!

If you'd rather, whisk the egg before adding it. Still stir when adding. Which I prefer. Now both yolk and white are thin strands that float on soup. I usually use chicken stock and add some cooked chicken which I get hot before adding the egg.

I percieve that Asian restaurants tend to add corn and xantham gum or flour to thicken the soup.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    zg9kfqaxkef4.jpeg
    This is what my hubby makes on the rare occasion he makes breakfast. I will say this is one of the blessings of him having diabetes. He is taking a more active part in meal planning
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    This is what my hubby makes on the rare occasion he makes breakfast. I will say this is one of the blessings of him having diabetes. He is taking a more active part in meal planning

I was about to post a recipe for this! Great minds think alike!

I use ham instead of bacon, place thinly sliced ham in muffin cups. Crack 1 egg in each cup. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

• laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Another recipe I love is Sweet Potato and Sausage Breakfast Strata (taken from Cooking Light magazine):

6 oz Italian bread, cut into cubes
    1 sweet potato
    1.5 tsp olive oil
    6 oz uncooked chicken breakfast sausage
    3 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
    2 cups 2% milk
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp pepper
    5 large eggs
    1/4 cup maple syrup

Preheat over to 350. Place bread in oven 20 minutes. Let cool.
    Microwave sweet potato 8 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes then peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
    Cook sausage until browned and crumble.

Place bread, sweet potato, 1/2 of sausage and 1/2 of cheese in a large bowl. Combine milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and eggs in a bowl. Pour over bread mixture. Toss gently and let stand 20 minutes.

Spray 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Scoop in bread/egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sausage and cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and drizzle with maple syrup.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    zg9kfqaxkef4.jpeg

That looks fantastic
  • aston2045
    aston2045 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite egg recipe is the classic deviled egg. I love adding jalapeños to them though.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Herbed Eggs with Salsa

1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
    1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
    1 1/2 cups skim milk
    2 eggs plus three egg whites
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup salsa

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray deep dish 9" pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle onion and cheese in bottom of pie plate. Place remaining ingredients except salsa in blender. Cover and blend on medium-high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into pie plate.

Bake about 40 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with salsa. 6 servings.

Per serving: 100 calories, 2 g fat, 470 mg sodium, 12 g carbs, 10 g protein

• RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs are hands down my favorite egg. But I probably eat hard boiled eggs the most. At least 4 a week. I love eggs. MmmMmm
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I just got my new Allrecipes magazine and this recipe caught my attention.
    xkuk1si7l0fl.jpg
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Something I used to love whilst at university. Scramble two eggs, and about 1 min before they're done add in 30g of Crunchy Nut cornflakes! Makes a sweet breakfast!!
  • Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Favourite egg recipe....... It usually starts out as an omelet ( 2-3 eggs whisked with milk and dab of sour cream) but in the folding/ flipping part gets all messed up and ends up being a bit of scrambled eggs. There is always cheese and polony but things that vary is mushrooms and veggies.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Submitting for @buddahboy87 (no internet connection):
    Deviled eggs of his own invention. Devil them with jalapenos instead of pickles, with cayenne pepper mixed in. Add chili pepper on top to taste.
    He's usually the only one that eats them! >:)