Fat Loss for Women

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
Good title for a book, eh? Coming soon!

Podcast with Lyle McDonald on his upcoming book:
http://www.irakinutrition.com/blog/podcast-with-lyle-mcdonald/

He doesn't cover menopause in the podcast, but it sounds like he will in the book. He does cover PCOS, birth control pills, and the monthly cycle that makes you gals kinda crazy. :)

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    You hooked me with that title, that's for sure!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That guy is into carb cycling, isn't he? I'm not the biggest fan of that concept.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A book titled 'fat loss for men' would be a pamphlet in comparison I imagine, lol. My husband quits drinking beer and having toast for breakfast and he loses 20 pounds!!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    A book titled 'fat loss for men' would be a pamphlet in comparison I imagine, lol. My husband quits drinking beer and having toast for breakfast and he loses 20 pounds!!

Yours has to do that much? Mine starts thinking "I should lose weight" and drops 20! :angry:
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Lol! Mine too! He quit bread, and potatoes, drinks beer, and eats fruit, lost 17 pounds! Men!

Yes, you hooked me with the title too! I will listen to the podcast now, thank you!
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine goes to the doctor for a checkup and has the Doctor get on his back because he has lost weight. He struggles to gain like I struggle to loose.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Mine says---"oh, you're cutting carbs? I'll only eat half as much chocolate!"

He's lost twice as much as I have in the same time period. Grr.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Very interesting podcast! The portion about the menstrual phases affecting athletic ability, and weight loss explained a lot for me! He did get into the cycling diet very much, thankfully. This is worth a listen for all ladies, imo. It helps with understanding the scale a bit more too! Thanks @wabmester for posting!