Fave workouts? Nike Fitness Club App? Couch2 5K?

Options
So, I'm trying to figure out (besides getting my steps in for my Fitbit!) what workout routines to focus on. Since I broke my ankle a few months ago and am just getting back into able to walk/run, I've startd at the very beginning of the Couch 2 5K program to ease me back into running.

I'm also trying to do some strength training a few days a week. I've got the (free) Nike Fitness Club app that has a ton of different workouts in it, which I like. Also like 10 mins for abs or legs or whatever.

Does anyone have a great routine that they love? Any helpful apps or places that help them get a good fitness routine? I'd love to share tips and programs!

I'm not quite ready for a HIIT yet because I'm so out of shape, but I'd love to know if there are any people recommend that I can work up to :)

Replies

• MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has search capacity and you can select a target area, low impact, strength building, etc. I love it! Good luck.
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So, I'm a little bit in love with Zombies, Run! I wish I'd known they had a C25K app before I completed my boring, regular C25K program (and by 'completed' I mean, I got to the end of week 5, got bored, started the Zombies, Run! app and went straight from the last C25K 20 minute run to completing a 40 minute run). That was 4 months ago and I now regularly run (away, from zombies) between 5k to 15k, four times a week.
    I love it, gotta force myself not to do too much as opposed to forcing myself to go outside now! But I was naughty and did an extra day last week...

I'm supplementing my running with the Nike Fitness app workouts too, a couple of times a week. :)
  • blondieabroad
    blondieabroad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Caitoriri wrote: »
    So, I'm a little bit in love with Zombies, Run! )
    I haven't heard of it but am DEFINITELY going to check it out. I'm a person who doesn't really enjoy running except that it is great for fitness so maybe this will help me spice it up!

Any particular workouts in Nike Fitness you like? The library is pretty huge so I'm trying out new ones to see what I like.

I also saw my gym has these TRX straps that are kind of cool- does anyone use those? Just wondering what people have found to be their most efficient workout for reaching their weight loss goals.

• samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I have found video workouts from Jillian Michaels and Jessica Smith to be very effective for weight loss. I did the 30 day shred twice and liked it bcos I was definitely more toned and fit at the end. I'm moving on to Ripped in 30 in the new year. I always alternate these with running or dumbbell routines, so, usually do them 2-3 times a week for 12 weeks and then switch them up. I'm less than 5 lbs from my ultimate goal weight!
  • annherrin
    annherrin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm currently following this 12 week plan and lifting as heavy as I can.
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html
  • AnneCoolbreze
    AnneCoolbreze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do YouTube video workouts every morning. Currently I'm doing Ideal Lean 12 Week program (I'm finishing week 10.) I'd like to move on to a heavy lifting schedule similar to ^^^ annherrin (above.)
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C25k and light strength training with bands (M, W, F) and classes at Title Boxing (Su, Tu, Th). Sat is an off day.