Best vegetable spiralizer?

Options
4ztocgc8m6aq.jpeg

I have been wanting a spiralizer to make zoodles and other things with for awhile now, however there are soooo many different brands and types it's just too overwhelming to pick!

So my question is: Which one have you tried and would recommend and why?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a one. But just to be honest, I like to just take a veggie peeler to my zucchini... Super thin for marinara and a bit thicker for lasagna. Takes 2mins and clean up is easy.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I have the one in the picture and love it. I can remember who makes it but it was like 20 dollars or so
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I use a handheld spiralizer. It is compact - which is good because I live in a small apartment without a lot of storage space. I like mine - it works kind of like a pencil sharpener where you stick the zucchini in and twist it. The zoodles come out like pencil shavings. Mine also came with a tiny brush to clean the device - since the teeth are so small.

Here is the amazon link if you would like to take a look: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00PPICD8O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have a handheld one and I have a Paderno 3-blade and (since I do have the space) I vastly prefer the Paderno! The handheld one wastes so much veggie and I caught my knuckle on the top blade more than once.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have one like the little hand held. Not happy with it either because of the waste and the risk to fingers. Mine had no cleaning brush. I might consider the bigger one though.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have the Paderno as well. It is easy and fast once you figure out how to use it. Use Zucchini that is not too thick in diameter and it is relatively straight or cut it up into sections that will make it straight .
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    @Phrick @Jan93L I just dice up the leftover stumps from the handheld ... figure it all steams or sautees the same
  • Jan93L
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    @Phrick @Jan93L I just dice up the leftover stumps from the handheld ... figure it all steams or sautees the same

Yes I do that, too.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »

Me too. They get lost in the luscious noodles anyway.
  • Jan93L
    Options
    Thin ,skinny carrots just break in the small one. Zuke and cukes do ok.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I got the Premium V slicer for $13 on Amazon. I finally used it yesterday on zucchini and it works awesome. Didn't take a lot of "elbow grease," so very sharp. It has a little lid you can use at the end to reduce stump wastage. I rinsed clean when done. It came with a little brush, but I inspected it and didn't see any zuke bits.

The look of betrayal on my three-year-old's face when she tried a Zoodle was heartbreaking.