Need a quick low carb meal idea for ground beef.

Options
moe0303
moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
Preferably tasty enough for kids. I'm ok with bland, but they are not. No other ingredients are off the table. The meal just has to be relatively low in carbs...like less than 50/serving.

TIA

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Taco salads or lettuce boats.

You can make your own taco seasoning which will have less carbs than a pre-packaged mix and it would be fun for kids to build your own.

You can add cheese, avocado, and sour cream to up the fats. Salsa for more flavour.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I make a stuffed pepper cassarole.. fry up hamburger and onion add diced tomatoes 1/2 can whole kernel corn and 2 cups stuffing mix
    Place inside 2 cleaned out quartered green bellpepper.

Cover & Bake in 400 degree oven for 40 mins.

My kids love it.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti using Rao's sauce and zucchini noodles (if you have a spiralizer)
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    One of the very few (perhaps only) "as seen on television" products that I have liked is the "Stufz" burger stuffer. It's fun in that you can experiment with different stuffings; ours yesterday was blue cheese. You can use different stuffing ingredients for different tastes. Just remember which burger is which.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites: Ground beef, cole slaw mix, mayo & a little vinegar. Cook the beef & mix into a bowl with the rest. :)

>:) or o:)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites: Ground beef, cole slaw mix, mayo & a little vinegar. Cook the beef & mix into a bowl with the rest. :)

>:) or o:)

On a related note, see "crack slaw"
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I like to brown ground beef w ghee, then saute onion, broccoli, garlic, or any other veggie and spice u like. Put all back in the pot add chicken broth bring to a boil add heavy whipping cream reduce heat then I add tumeric.

So creamy and honestly takes less than 20-25 mins.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    White Castle Hamburger Pie: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/white_castle_hamburger_pie.html

5 Carb for 1/6 of a pie
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Ground been and cabbage cooked down after cooked (onion bell pepper what ever else) add rotel, cheese if not to low carbs add a can of cream of mushroom soup... Yummy
  • MEG924
    MEG924 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ground beef with pasta sauce and sauteed peppers and onions. Used to add that to pasta before I was low carb but have found it to be just as satisfying without the pasta. :smile: