Oops :/

Options
catbrand
catbrand Posts: 227 Member
Well I'm only on day 3 and I cheated already, which is stupid because I know how this LCHF thing works and eating half a tub of Ben and Jerry's does not fit in with it. But my husband came back from the shop proudly with it to share (he doesn't really get LCHF) but I stupidly dug in.

However, unlike usual binges when I was calorie counting (which I am notorious for) I didn't carry on and eat the packet of biscuits he bought too. I realised my mistake and stopped, then went out for a run. Interestingly though, I had a massive headache after eating the ice cream, which has served as a reminder that I'm doing this for more than weight loss, it's to help me feel better too.

Lesson learned.

Replies

• cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I made sooo many mistakes when I 1st started. My biggest was to think I could eat only 1 oz of cashews.

Ok so I also posted to see if the photo of my farm looks good in miniature. :)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It can take some time to kick the carbs and adjust. I was low carb (100ish grams /day) for years, but it still took me about a year to finally get into a groove with Keto level carbs. I recommend having plenty of your favourite LCHF foods around in the beginning and whenever you're having carb cravings, eat something that you really enjoy from your new food list and don't sweat the extra calories. You can fine tune things once you get your carb cravings out of your system.
  • catbrand
    Options
    I made sooo many mistakes when I 1st started. My biggest was to think I could eat only 1 oz of cashews.

Ok so I also posted to see if the photo of my farm looks good in miniature. :)

Haha, even I know it's impossible to eat only 1oz of cashews! I could devour a bag in mimutes, which is why I have an unopened bag in the cupboard - I'm too scared to open them ;)

(Plus, your miniature farm looks lovely!)
  • catbrand
    Options
    It can take some time to kick the carbs and adjust. I was low carb (100ish grams /day) for years, but it still took me about a year to finally get into a groove with Keto level carbs. I recommend having plenty of your favourite LCHF foods around in the beginning and whenever you're having carb cravings, eat something that you really enjoy from your new food list and don't sweat the extra calories. You can fine tune things once you get your carb cravings out of your system.

Thanks, I think I might print out a list of acceptable foods and tape it to the fridge too, my husband cooks a lot and I think it would really help him understand what I can't eat, he's offered me so any carby foods today.

Even with the ice cream I was at 117g carbs for the day, which in fairness isn't the end of the world. It could have been so much worse. I'm hoping my late night run will have helped with damage limitation!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was a little wonky the first few days as well (if we can even count those days!)
    It gets easier and easier.

Keep calm, Keto on. (Or Low Carb on)
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    It took me a full two weeks to quit the periodic sugar binges.

It's an addiction, and it takes serious willpower to break it. Keto on!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    catbrand wrote: »

Thanks, I think I might print out a list of acceptable foods and tape it to the fridge too, my husband cooks a lot and I think it would really help him understand what I can't eat, he's offered me so any carby foods today.

Even with the ice cream I was at 117g carbs for the day, which in fairness isn't the end of the world. It could have been so much worse. I'm hoping my late night run will have helped with damage limitation!

The list sounds like a great idea for your husband. You could also show him where on the label to look for the carbohydrate grams, and give him a number to stay below...