Loe carb and beans

Options
MissMonicaC4
MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
So i have been low carbing for a while now...3 months. All bread, rice, pasta ect gone!! However im missing beans. Does anyone add them in?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    The fiber in beans absolutely kills me. So, I avoid them.

You might want to add them back in with a little bit at a time. I don't know how you like them. I always like them with rice, which is obviously extra bad for this diet.
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    I love them in a salad and such. Chilli! Things like that :)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I live in Japan and beans are nearly unavoidable... so I do eat them. Tofu, natto, edamame etc., mostly. They increase your carb count, but also add protein.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've eaten them occasionally in small amounts.
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    I meant to type low in the title haha. And yah they have some nutritious benefits I believe and I see recipes that include them. I also like edamame too! The fibre is awesome. I will try in small amounts to see :)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I haven't had beans since starting keto but I cannot have more than a half cup of broccoli without dying. The fiber in broccoli will leave me with the worst gas pains ever. I'm scared to try beans lol
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of hummus. I dip sugar snap peas in it.
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti sauce and chick peas is great
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    We had a thread about beans a few days ago as well. Some folks do. I eat a small amount of beans nearly every day. I add beans to my lunch. Black beans, refried beans, chickpeas, or soybeans usually.

That said, I'm not very low carb at all, so YMMV.

If you eat soy products, and want to eat beans with a lower carb count, try BLACK soy beans. 1/2 cup has 8carbs, 7fiber, 11protein, and 6fat per 120 calories.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I chop up zucchini and add that instead of beans in my chili.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ludwig's book 'Always Hungry' is a low carb plan that includes beans occasionally, you may want to check that out. It's not a Keto plan, although I did go into Keto while giving it a try. For me, I avoid beans right now. When I am in maintenance I plan to add them back in small amounts.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Try black soy beans. The brand I use is just one net carb per serving. I think the brand is called "Eden Organics".... or similar.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »
    Try black soy beans. The brand I use is just one net carb per serving. I think the brand is called "Eden Organics".... or similar.

Eden Organics, yep. That's the brand I use.
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    Oh yes ive bought that brand before but had no idea it was only 1 net gram of carbs! On tge shopping list haha thanks!!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not VLC so beans (in small amounts) do fit into my diet nicely, BUT I pay for them. They leave me quite bloated and I retain a bunch of water whenever I eat them (my weight will go up 3-4 lbs overnight and it takes 2-3 days to get back down to where I was). I don't find them worth it because of that. Besides real chili doesn't have beans ;). Ask any Texan.