Daily Challenges & Points

I will post challenges for us to try and accomplish by the end of the day. They will be challenging, so you may split them up through the day instead of all at once. In the event you are unable complete a challenge due to a injury, disability, etc., please substitute for something you can do that is equally challenging. Lisa has severe osteoarthritis of both hips and needs double hip replacement. She cannot do most of the challenges I post. She does however substitute by doing stomach crunches.

There are multiple ways for you to earn for your team. Here is the daily format:

complete the daily challenge $500 (double the challenge for an add'l $500)
total miles walked/run/jogged $100 per mile. Pedometers (2000 steps = approx 1 mile
total miles biked $50 per mile
Strength Training $10 per minute
exercise class or video $5 per minute
complete your MFP food journal $50
Finish day under your calorie requirement $200
Drink a minimum of 10 cups of water $50

When you report your accomplishments daily, please break down what you did with your total earning. This makes tracking much easier.

Replies

• theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    bump
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    We can do multiple daily challenges, right? Or does only the first two completions count towards the bonus?
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    GM! How many minutes in a spin class count as a mile? Thanks!
  • theparnellssean
    cycleholic wrote: »
    GM! How many minutes in a spin class count as a mile? Thanks!
    Some variables of course (resistance vs cadence). Typical 45 min class 13-15 miles. 60 min class 20-22 miles. Use your judgement depending on class intensity.
  • theparnellssean
    We can do multiple daily challenges, right? Or does only the first two completions count towards the bonus?
    So if you want to complete more sets of the challenge, keep adding $500 for every extra 100 sets! Game on!
  • MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    Are we rounding up/down or using decimals to compute? I use a MapMyBike GPS for my biking commutes to/from work and have uneven mileage. 1.9miles = 1.9 or 2?
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    edited April 2016
    Are we rounding up/down or using decimals to compute? I use a MapMyBike GPS for my biking commutes to/from work and have uneven mileage. 1.9miles = 1.9 or 2?

You can submit exactly what you have done, a 1.9 is $95 :)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Would you consider changing the "under calorie" rule to being within 50 calories of their goal, instead? I'd rather see people eat just a bit over than to be severely under, but I realize I could just be overly sensitive on the subject. :grimace:
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    MzManiak wrote: »
    Would you consider changing the "under calorie" rule to being within 50 calories of their goal, instead? I'd rather see people eat just a bit over than to be severely under, but I realize I could just be overly sensitive on the subject. :grimace:

Interested in this too as I don't like the stay under the calorie goals that MFP sets. I tend to ignore them as I know I eat too little which messes with my metabolism. It such a fine line. My food goals are actually better choices and not necessarily the calories. And apple is much better than two tablespoons of sugar but both can register as too much sugar on MFP.

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    verdemujer wrote: »
    MzManiak wrote: »

Interested in this too as I don't like the stay under the calorie goals that MFP sets. I tend to ignore them as I know I eat too little which messes with my metabolism. It such a fine line. My food goals are actually better choices and not necessarily the calories. And apple is much better than two tablespoons of sugar but both can register as too much sugar on MFP.

Have you considered changing the calorie goals to the amount that suits your daily requirements (rather than MFP default)? I use the TDEE less 20% for my daily calorie goal, which puts me at about 1400. MFP sets my calorie goal at 1200, but that's not enough for me if I want to have enough energy for serious workouts.