New here. Anyone else ttc?

Options

Replies

• LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thank you love!!

Egg retrieval was today. I woke up in the hospital room to the dr telling me my follicles never matured so he didn't retrieve any eggs from my right ovary!! He left my left ovary untouched. I took Lupron as my trigger both times before the surgery. After the surgery, they gave me another shot, hcg, and said he wants me undergo ANOTHER surgery tomorrow. Hopefully this trigger makes my left follicles mature and we can get some eggs. I was told this was very rare. Of course I would be that one rare case.

After crying on and off all day, I've come to terms with it. It is what it is and I can only hope for the best.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thank you love!!

Egg retrieval was today. I woke up in the hospital room to the dr telling me my follicles never matured so he didn't retrieve any eggs from my right ovary!! He left my left ovary untouched. I took Lupron as my trigger both times before the surgery. After the surgery, they gave me another shot, hcg, and said he wants me undergo ANOTHER surgery tomorrow. Hopefully this trigger makes my left follicles mature and we can get some eggs. I was told this was very rare. Of course I would be that one rare case.

After crying on and off all day, I've come to terms with it. It is what it is and I can only hope for the best.

That sucks so bad!!! I though Lupron was the menopause shot drug??

Sending up super good thoughts for you!!!
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    Today was egg retrieval day 2. Luckily they were able to get 9 eggs but they were all immature. They're going to incubate them overnight and undergo IVM (in vitro maturation). I tried to research it but there's not much information about it. I will receive another call tomorrow about my eggs' status.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    That explains a lot, though, doesn't it? If with medications and manual intervention, it's almost no wonder your body can't do it on it's own, eh???
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Just got the call... Out of the 9 eggs they retrieved, 7 of them matured!!! I'm so happy that part one is done. The eggs are being fertilized via ICSI (where they basically inject a single sperm into each of the mature eggs). I will receive another call tonight regarding whether the fertilization was successful or not.
    I honestly thought the eggs were not going to mature and this cycle was over for me. I just need to stay positive! Positive vibes all around.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    Got the call tonight. Out of the seven eggs that matured, 6 were fertilized! I'm cautiously happy at this point in time. Currently waiting on my Drs response.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    OMG, @LolaDeeDaisy23 ... I seriously just got tingles and chills and goosebumps! SOOOOOO happy for you! SQUEE!! Crossing my fingers and sending up tons more good thoughts. (hugs)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    Still recovering from egg retrieval. Because I was given that extra trigger shot, my ovaries swelled up and that's what's giving me so much pain. I went in for a check up a few days ago and a normal size ovary is 3-5cm and my ovaries are 11cm by 13cm. They are so big and swollen that they are touching!! I literally look 5 months pregnant. Dr said I'm so tiny that my ovaries are what's making my tummy protrude out.
    Anyway, they gave me Vicodin and cabergoline.

Today the embryologist called and said out of the 6 fertilized eggs, only 2 were high quality blastocysts. So they are freezing those two and discarding the rest. I'm a bit disappointed that they were only able to get two because I'm still fairly young, you'd think I'd have awesome eggs.

But after my surgery, I haven't really gotten a chance to really recover. I had two surgeries, one on wed and one on thurs. I went right back to work the next day and Saturday. Had Sunday and Tuesday off. Worked Monday and today. My job is semi active, I walk on average 8k-12k steps per day at work. Today I started getting really sharp pains where my ovaries are located. I feel like I'm being a baby and my manager is not very forgiving when it comes to me taking sick days. Ugh idk what to do. Am I being a baby? I just need to vent to someone sorry guys.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    You aren't being a baby, but there's a certain part of this that is expected. I wish we could share with men 1/10th of the freaking discomfort we enduring with all things female, just to give them some perspective of why it's not whining and such...

How is your boss going to handle it once you ARE expecting??? There will be doctor's appointments and days you may be pukey and all that...

PCOS affects egg quality - you knew that, right? That's part of why it's harder to get pregnant and why miscarriage rates are higher... I think it is Inositol that helps with that...the maturation rates, in addition to whatever Rx meds docs do, for future reference. I think you're taking it, if I recall, but might need to combine types the myo and the other form, etc. I dunno...

2 good chances is awesome. I'm so sorry that extra trigger shot is causing you misery. What is the mantra? "In the end, it will all be worth it!" (hugs) Wishing you some easy.
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh no, you absolutely need to rest. It'll be far worse for you and your employer if you develop complications because you didn't give yourself enough time to recover. Plus this has been a hell of an emotional roller coaster for you and that needs time to heal too.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So, I am checking back in after being MIA. Started seeing a RE and last cycle was put on birth control in order to time some tests. Now, I am off the birth control and waiting for my period to start so we can get on with this cycle. I am currently about 5 days past my normal start and I am worried the birth control has messed up my cycles.

Anywho, once I start, I am going to start Femara for CD 5-9, then an ultrasound, then if my follicles are nice and ripe a trigger shot of Novarel, plus timed intercourse. I am really excited to get started on this cycle.....but my darn period will not start!

@LolaDeeDaisy23 - I would never consider you a baby after going through two surgeries and going straight back to work! This process is tough physically, mentally and emotionally. Those who never walked in our shoes just don't understand. You need to take care of yourself first and foremost.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    @Emily3907 How exciting! Hopefully your period starts soon so you can start the Femara! I will keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Update: I was on strict bed rest for a week and it took almost 2 and a half weeks for the bloating to subside. The bloating was seriously no joke. I gained about 12 pounds of water weight and none of my jeans fit. I'm on birth control pills to get rid of the leftover cysts. I go in for another ultrasound on the 21st to see if everything looks good and back to normal. If yes, then I can start preparing for the transfer!! I am already starting to pick out clothes for my cute baby bump lol I know I shouldn't but I can't help it.. I think about the possibility of all this working and I get so excited. I need to stop though or else I can jinx it lol just need to remain positive and hopeful.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    @andisue50 @Emily3907 how are you girls doing? Updates?

I went in for my ultrasound yesterday. Ovaries are back to normal size (yay!) but I still have one remaining cyst... but they checked my progesterone level and it is low so RE decided for me to stop taking birth control pills and move on with the transfer process.
    I am already taking prenatals and will be starting estrogen meds (Estrace). Need to go in for another blood test a few days after my period. Will keep updating on here.

I feel like this process is literally dragging. I don't know how some women can do multiple ivf cycles. It's so emotionally draining.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    Went in for a lining check today. Lining looks good, 8mm. They said everything is good to go for the transfer!! I'm still taking estrogen twice per day and I'm going to start progesterone tomorrow, three times a day. They're transferring my best 5 day embryo next Thursday. After that, I go back in 11 days later for my beta pregnancy test.
    I'm nervous but excited! Btw, estrogen makes me hungrier than ever!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm so excited for you, @LolaDeeDaisy23 ! Getting good readings so far and all, crossing my finger. :)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    Ok ladies soooo it's about 1am right now and I can't sleep because tomorrow morning is my transfer!!!
    They will thaw one frozen embryo and hopefully it sticks. I'm excited, nervous, scared...
    I just want everything to work out. Hopefully everything goes well. Will keep you guys posted.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @LolaDeeDaisy23 Sending up all the good thoughts. Will be thinking of you today!!! *crossing fingers and toes* (HUGS)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thanks knit!!❤️
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Good Luck & Positive Vibes to you @LolaDeeDaisy23 !!! I'm praying for you & your "sticky" little miracle! :smiley:
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    @aSearch4Me Thanks love! The transfer went smoothly. The dr said everything looks perfect and I'll see him in 11 days for the big beta. Fingers crossed!