Itching

Options
2»

Replies

• DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    For more immediate relief, you may consider switching to a goat's milk soap. I also like coconut oil. I wash my face with it; it's the best!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    For more immediate relief, you may consider switching to a goat's milk soap. I also like coconut oil. I wash my face with it; it's the best!

Oooooh. I bought several bars of goats milk soap at a farm last fall and it's wonderful! I love how gentle it is and smells great with some scented oils the lady added to it.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some probiotics would be a good addition for everyone too!
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Probiotics, fermented foods and getting on a ancestral food program solved most of the issues for me.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is probiotics? Used for?
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have eczema on my hands. I've had it for years and while LCHF helps a lot, as do the allergy shots I get, I still have itchy flair ups. Once or twice a day during a flair up I'll mix a little baking soda in my hand soap and this helps.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What is probiotics? Used for?

For me the skin problems where just a symptom of poor gut health, SIBO, candida, fatty liver....

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Those of you with eczema issues -- do you still consume any dairy or grains? If so, try cutting them out for a month.

I developed some eczema on my hand a couple of years ago, and had traced it back to that. It would take a few days of a serving per day for it to trigger, but required at least two weeks of total abstinence for it to start healing, and a month for complete healing. (I was able to bring dairy back in, so it might not need to be a permanent thing.)