Daily check in Thread

Options

Replies

• mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Is anyone just starting? Or perhaps starting another round? I have had this DVD for just about ever and I have attempted it before, made it to level 2 and then lost motivation. Being there is 30 days in April, I figured-why not try again and this time make it ALL THE WAY! haha I absolutely love Jillian and how hard she is...but since I lost motivation last time, I figured I would find a group on here in hopes to keep the momentum going.
    Looks like you all are deep into the program....
  • drcrusher
    drcrusher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 8 complete! Loving this workout, I find it really easy to motivate myself to do it. I don't find the workout easy though!! Looking forward to getting to level 2 though :) Good job everyone! Anyone seeing changes already? I dropped an inch off my waist... Prob has more to do with my deficit, but I'll take it!
  • mscote12
    Options
    Level 1, day 4 today....I am going to the gym to do my workout rather than at home...I am always more motivated at the gym than in my living room haha....
  • mscote12
    Options
    Tonight will be level 1, day 5....this thread is pretty dead...not sure I can get much motivation from here. Hoping to find an April one out there somewhere lol
  • alka78
    alka78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Level 2 completed. Whoo Hooo! I haven't watched level 3 yet so a little bit scared...
  • mscote12
    Options
    Today is level 1, day 7....I am starting to get a little bored, I feel like I am still getting a workout-I am sweating and out of breath, but I think the routine is getting boring, I usually like to mix up my workouts from day to day...but I am so close to level 2, so I am keepin' on!...lol I really want to make it all 30 days!
  • paquitoBoston
    paquitoBoston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @mscote12 I had the same problem, mixed it up a bit and finally lost interest. I still do a daily 20 mins exercise, but I joined gymondo.de, perhaps there is something similar in your country. I love that they have different workouts for almost everyday and a lot of them are as intense as 30DS. I still do 30DS workouts, and I am on L2D6. I will still do the whole stretch but perhaps it will be far far more spread out than a month.
  • mscote12
    Options
    Today for example, I have a session with my personal trainer...I am debating if I am going to use this workout as a replacement for day 8 or if I am going to go extreme and add level 1, day 8 on top of my session....I have not decided yet. We'll see....
  • mscote12
    Options
    Yesterday, I did my session with my trainer, came home and immediately did level 1, day 8. :smile:

Today will be level 1, day 9 and I am SO ready to move on to level 2, not because I feel strong enough to or that level 1 is easy, because it is not...but I am bored with level 1 lol over it....ready for something different. Needless to say, I am thankful today is the last day for level 1 :smile:
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4, lvl 1. Not finding it too bad except the push-ups which I hate. I'm doing the modified versions and I think they're getting slightly easier as the days go by. Would love to be able to do real push-ups by the end of this - I've never been able to do them!
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 2 tomorrow here for me. This is my third time doing 30DS, but I didn't finish my second round because kids got in the way. This time I'm determined to finish it though, I had nice results from just 1 round. I also just bought BodyShred, so I'm eager to try that too.
  • smal48
    Options
    Day 5 done. Half way through level 1. I actually found today the hardest so far.
  • mscote12
    Options
    Level 2 day 1...complete.

Well, I was excited for a change and yep...I got one lol sweat dripping...shoulders on fire. Level 2 is no joke haha....looking forward to see how I feel as I keep going on this level because day 1 was rough!
  • rumswood
    Options
    mscote12 wrote: »
    Level 2 day 1...complete.

Well, I was excited for a change and yep...I got one lol sweat dripping...shoulders on fire. Level 2 is no joke haha....looking forward to see how I feel as I keep going on this level because day 1 was rough!

Day 1 Level 2 here. My shoulders were definitely on fire! It felt good though, ha.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I did something to my knee and it was hurting down into my calf, so I opted for a rest day.
  • mscote12
    Options
    @rumswood Saturday would have been Level 1, day 9 for me, but I did a double workout on Friday so I opted for a rest day as well. Rest days are never a bad idea....gotta listen to our bodies.
  • saraspring7
    saraspring7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting to check this thread!

Y'all sound like you're doing well. Keep up the good work!

I have two more days of the Shred left, so I'm hoping to finish level 3 tomorrow. I've found level 3 to be the most difficult, but it also seems to go very quickly.

I'm currency debating if I want to do "Ripped in 30" or "No More Troulbe Zones" next.
  • smal48
    Options
    Lvl 1 day 6 done. Really didn't feel like doing it this morning but once I started felt great. And baby slept till the stretches, yay!
    Can't say I'm finding it any easier yet but I think I'm pushing myself harder.
  • mscote12
    Options
    level 2, day 3 tonight...I wish I could get up earlier in the morning and get my workout done so I would not have to do it in the evening lol someday I will accomplish it...until then, after work workouts it is.

Yesteryda-being day 2 on level 2-was still a real challenge...tough stuff!
  • rumswood
    Options
    @mscote12, I just did D3L2 and it was still hard. A ittle better though I think. I try to get up before everyone and get it done. I have 3 kids under 2 and once they are up I know my chance for a workout is gone. Although I think they are conspiring against me because they will wake up when I do and that's 3 am!
    And Jillian, your chair squats with a v raise can suck it! I hate them so much.
  • mscote12
    Options
    @rumswood Good for you for making it happen in the morning. I failed again today to so, which means another evening workout. The chair squats w/a V raise is ridiculous, at that point in the workout-my shoulders are on fire...and then I feel like that move lasts forever! so tough lol