Write before you bite

Options
2»

Replies

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This was an awful experience for me. The stomach cramps, the gas, the rumbling noises and about 14 hours in the bathroom. Lesson learned. When I went to buy candy to replace my dads stash I looked at the package and in fine print on the back it does state that over consumption could lead to laxative effects.

I did go and read some of the reviews on Amazon and found them rather hilarious and could definitely relate to some. Unfortunately I think the "sugar free candy cleanse" lead to my insatiable hungry today causing me to binge again. First therapy session tomorrow afternoon, really really hoping it will help.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That's right, let us know how it goes! I'm really happy for you, I think it's a smart move.

So funny and unfortunate about the gummies!
  • betrue95
    betrue95 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    msty112 - let us know how your therapy goes.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I never eat sugar-free candy. Ever.
  • ab6046
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I bought a box of "softee" doughnuts for my husband and I'm obsessing over them. It might just be a matter of time before I binge again.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    There have been donuts in the break room the last two days. I want to set the place on fire.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You should post a review about your experience maybe it will go viral and you too can have people talking about you funny sugar free post? I hope your appointment went well.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Got some really bad news about a friend passing away last night and I'm currently 3 chocolate bars into a binge.
  • mweckler
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your loss.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself!
  • ab6046
    Options
    Getting started on a large box of twelve doughnuts, pint of ice cream, and lots of chocolate
  • mweckler
    Options
    Remember the Caillou rule! I am sorry to see you are binging. Can you pin point the cause of it?
  • ab6046
    Options
    I like doughnuts?
  • mweckler
    Options
    So do I.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    So I want to binge right now. I just had lunch but now I want to eat more. I'm doing my best to try to think about something else. I think I am going to try to chew on a piece of gum and get off of the computer.
    I hate the fact that I think about food so much. I look forward to eating x for lunch and then I do and just want to eat more.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Zombella wrote: »
    So I want to binge right now. I just had lunch but now I want to eat more. I'm doing my best to try to think about something else. I think I am going to try to chew on a piece of gum and get off of the computer.
    I hate the fact that I think about food so much. I look forward to eating x for lunch and then I do and just want to eat more.

I'm the same way. It seems like I can never be satisfied. I eat, and that only makes me want to eat more. Sometimes I think if I just don't start eating, I won't have an issue. But then that leads to over-restricting. So I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Zombella wrote: »

I'm the same way. It seems like I can never be satisfied. I eat, and that only makes me want to eat more. Sometimes I think if I just don't start eating, I won't have an issue. But then that leads to over-restricting. So I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

That is what happens with me as well. I wait to eat, then I do eat and just want more and more. I find myself reaching for food just because I am in the kitchen and have nothing to do. I don't have any of my comfort foods in the house which is good in a way, even though it just makes me anxious not having anything (that I want) to eat and make me feel good binge on.
  • ab6046
    Options
    I'm bingeing
  • FreeVeg
    FreeVeg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Write before you bite! Ok, so I am at the moment fighting with the binge...Gained already 5.5lbs and it is making me even more anxious that I am already. I do know where the trigger is, but still haven't learned how to overcome the urge...sometimes I have enough power to do it...but sometimes not..but overcoming means, i just find another substitute for food, my brain is completely *kitten* up, I guess. Sometimes it feels like what you eat in secret is zero calories lol,really, like it won't show up on your body eventually, like the law of energy in energy out doesnt exist. Rainy day outside, cannot really go for a walk, I have apple pie in the fridge and thinking of baking chocolate muffins or cinnamon rolls. But I am fine, had small breakfast and coffee, have to study today, but somehow don't feel like. The urge is strong, but must fight...