Week 5 Golden Ticket Amazing Race Challenge!

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
We are going to be doing some reconstructing at the end of week with teams . I will post a newsletter later this week on it. Just to put everyone at ease there will be no eliminations.
This week we are heading to Kiev only 1898 miles. There is a kettle bell challenge for roadblock 1
25 points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi_gwLDr1Q0&sns=em

Roadblock 2 is a marathon challenge for all the walkers and runners
Each one has to walk/ run 26 miles.
This is worth 25 points
Nutritional challenge :10 pts
Fish is a big staple and cabbage . Let's try to fit either or both in 3 times this week.
This is 10 points.
Accountability
I will make a post but I want you to list three things during this challenge you have been accountable to your self. Then list 2 more you would like to achieve by the end of the challenge.

Replies

• sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Melodieccurn for the effort you put in to all of this <3

Googled Kiev (I didn't know where it is :o ). Just in case someone's wondering too, it's the capital of Ukraine!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you for not eliminating we have no control over team. And for all your organization. This is my first challenge ever and I'm really enjoying it
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Can we count brussel sprouts as cabbage? Love those.
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn for the kettlebell workout do we only need to do it once?
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn, is the accountability challenge worth 10 points?
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Yes
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    laurab384 wrote: »
    @Melodieccurn for the kettlebell workout do we only need to do it once?

Yes just once.
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn, I don't have access to a kettlebell. Can I use a dumbbell instead?
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    obxsrfrgrl wrote: »
    @Melodieccurn, I don't have access to a kettlebell. Can I use a dumbbell instead?

I haven't watched this particular video but in most instances yes, you can sub in a hand weight/dumbbell instead, but (according to Jillian Michaels) the hand weight really shouldn't be more than 7lbs - by then it'll be to heavy and you risk not being able to hold it properly while you do swings and other movements.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    too*

Pretend that was good grammar. I'm off for more coffee.
  • lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    In our winter blast challenge we did a kettle bell video and I didn't have one yet. So my sister and I put 5 pound hand weights in my sons lunchbox and used that lol.. Hey it worked!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    lupie777 wrote: »
    In our winter blast challenge we did a kettle bell video and I didn't have one yet. So my sister and I put 5 pound hand weights in my sons lunchbox and used that lol.. Hey it worked!

That's a great idea
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Love road block 2. The weather is suppose to be nice all week and I have been wanting to explore the different tracks around here, so this will be a good motivator!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Love road block 2. The weather is suppose to be nice all week and I have been wanting to explore the different tracks around here, so this will be a good motivator!

I started running outside today too. Great to run again!
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    lynnjano wrote: »
    Thank you for not eliminating we have no control over team. And for all your organization. This is my first challenge ever and I'm really enjoying it

i'll second that!!! yaaayyyy.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Can we count brussel sprouts as cabbage? Love those.
    Yes
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    So glad you are enjoying it.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Is roadblock 2 all or nothing? It'd be great if we could do a percentage on the points if we cannot reach the 26 miles but I totally understand if it's all or none. Thanks for everything Melodie.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    I found the below information on a Precor Elliptical. If this is my model, can I convert my elliptical to miles for roadblock 2 or does it have to be actual walking/running?

The EFX stride length is approximately 28 ¼ inches (2.356 feet). Therefore, it will take approximately 2241 strides to equal 1 mile.
  • angelious
    angelious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn for the walk/run challenge can I include steps/distance for my everyday if I track this? Or is this extra on top? Thanks