Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    I've got the nutrition challenge down this week. I had tuna salad yesterday, and I have enough for another serving later this week. And tomorrow I'm making Giada de laurentiis salmon cakes with a lemon caper yogurt sauce. I've never made them before. I'm excited.

I don't have a kettle bell, and I walk a lot, but I don't run, so I don't think I'll get 26 miles in this week. That's a lot.

If you have a pedometer if some type use that for walking. You'd be surprised how much you are walking during the day at work. I know you are a nurse and we get a lot of activity in. There are lots of free apps you can download as well on your phone. If you have a dumbbell of some type someone put it in a lunchbox and another an old purse and it worked great for them last challenge.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    I am still here. Got another 45 minutes on Sunday. Since I've been put on a restrictive diet and such after yesterday's appointment that means I'll be unable to do any of the exciting food challenges. If you would prefer me sit out till I get all this figured out, I understand.

No don't sit out you are part of this team. Do what you can.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been very active here this past week, just life happening, had a lit going on, but things are finally calming down again. I put down my times for last week and this week so far, hope you are all doing well. Later on ill come back and have a read on what I've missed.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    How is it already Wednesday? This week is slipping away.

It's grocery shopping day and I'll see if they have any nice fish. Sometimes my grocery store has good stuff sometimes it doesn't. Worst case I'll pick up canned salmon and greek-yogurt-cream-cheese for lettuce wraps. Yum!

I had a whoosh last week and it stopped 0.2 lbs away from an important milestone. After a whoosh I hold steady, or even gain a little, for 10 days. I like whooshes but this time the waiting game is dragging. I'm 6 days in and have been cutting back a bit more on the food upping the exercise to see if I can hurry it along a bit. Any day now.

It's raining. Normally I can't wait to get out and running in the rain because the damp soothes my asthma and it's fun. But today, I don't know, it just looks so wet.

Oh, wait! Finn "fitness trainer extraordinaire" just trotted past with a running shoe in his mouth. My being on the computer in the morning makes him antsy. If I don't leave now he will shred that shoe then start on my running jacket and then on his running harness. He takes his job very seriously. I do keep this all shut in the hall closet however he can open doors. I could put up a baby latch but some days I need the motivation of replacing destroyed property. Like today. Got to run. (literally)
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    How is it already Wednesday? This week is slipping away.

It's grocery shopping day and I'll see if they have any nice fish. Sometimes my grocery store has good stuff sometimes it doesn't. Worst case I'll pick up canned salmon and greek-yogurt-cream-cheese for lettuce wraps. Yum!

I had a whoosh last week and it stopped 0.2 lbs away from an important milestone. After a whoosh I hold steady, or even gain a little, for 10 days. I like whooshes but this time the waiting game is dragging. I'm 6 days in and have been cutting back a bit more on the food upping the exercise to see if I can hurry it along a bit. Any day now.

It's raining. Normally I can't wait to get out and running in the rain because the damp soothes my asthma and it's fun. But today, I don't know, it just looks so wet.

Oh, wait! Finn "fitness trainer extraordinaire" just trotted past with a running shoe in his mouth. My being on the computer in the morning makes him antsy. If I don't leave now he will shred that shoe then start on my running jacket and then on his running harness. He takes his job very seriously. I do keep this all shut in the hall closet however he can open doors. I could put up a baby latch but some days I need the motivation of replacing destroyed property. Like today. Got to run. (literally)
    Finn is hilarious. He will make sure you get your workouts in.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Finn is hilarious. He will make sure you get your workouts in.
    That he does. He doesn't believe in rest days either, although he will call a day off when it's thundering (safety first). I don't have that sort of motivation. On my own I would think about getting out and walking while binge watching TV and I would never run. Never. Turns out it's fun. Who knew?
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    pn0w78raf952.jpg
    Back from doing stairs.
    First, I was happy to find out that between each floor was the same number of steps as at home.
    Second, omg, the fire stairs are claustrophobic and hot.
    Third, I think of myself as out of shape and I thought 3 (or maybe 5) floors would be easy and then it would get hard.
    Nope, not at all.
    The first 14 floors were as easy as walking.
    15-16 was work.
    17 I thought my heart was going to explode and when I got to the top at 18 had to have a sit-down.

I have to say I'm a bit pleased with myself. Maybe I'm not all that out of shape after all... or anymore....

Nice job! You go girl!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Still here!
  • TangledThread
    Options
    It looks like rain. And it must not be just rain but a storm coming in since Finn is hiding in the back of the closet instead of trying to push me out for a run. I might get a day off!

But that means I'm going to have to go back and look at my pedometer for the week and count all my daily walking steps to reach the 26 mile challenge instead of only using the dog walking runs.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Starting tommorow we will be on team 4. Lisa already added the active members from here. We are smaller in number but I think a stronger team due to the consistency week after week everyone here has been putting out. So we will post the rest of our scores this week on team 10. I will collaborate the scores and starting tommorow all our scores will be on team 4. If for some reason you still want to be in it but have not been posting add your name over there. Once you miss one full week unless you notify Lisa or me you will be eliminated.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    As mentioned in an earlier post, Out in KL this last week- still 120lbs and very little opportunity to connect. Still in KL. Back end of the week.