Getting in fat....

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
I'm usually pretty close to my protein goal bland always under my carb goal. But I just seem to struggle with my fat goal. I put cream in my coffee (working on the blender to start making BPC), I put butter in my veggies when I cook them, etc. I wonder if this is why I'm not losing as much or at a stall. (Don't look at my diary it never is fully completed)

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You can put olive oil on your veggies, that's pretty cool. Also, coconut oil can go in a hot drink or just down a spoonful of it.

As for the butter coffee - I've been having it for years and never blend it. I just put all my stuff in the cup and stir it with a spoon between sips, no problem. By the time the coffee's cooled and drinkable, everything's melted and dissolved. If you don't want the hassle/complication/mess of a blender, it's an option so don't let that hold you back.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Think about adding more sauces. Gorgonzola/mushroom on a steak, hollandaise, cream cheese/HWC based sauces, compound butters, bernaise.

I also love to eat things like tuna with mayo, deviled eggs, or sardines with olive oil.

Add more cheese and fatty dressings to your salads.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If you pick fatty meats, your macros will fall in. Bacon, Chicken/turkey ~ always ~ with the skin, 80/20, 73/27 hamburger, corned beef, ribeyes, New York strip, T-bones, fillets, roasts, or any other fatty meat that you can see chunks of marbling/fat/skin in/on them.

Use oily dressings for salads like, oil & vinegar, ranch, blue cheese.

Try to cook your veggies in butter, ghee, rendered tallow, lard, or refined coconut oil.

Lastly, make some fat bombs for dessert.

I hope this helps,

Dan
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling satisfied? What is the ratio of fat in your diet?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty close to my protein goal bland always under my carb goal. But I just seem to struggle with my fat goal. I put cream in my coffee (working on the blender to start making BPC), I put butter in my veggies when I cook them, etc. I wonder if this is why I'm not losing as much or at a stall. (Don't look at my diary it never is fully completed)

@emilybeaver I had the same issue. After I learned eating more fat seemed to decrease my body fat I was able to load up of fats. Coconut oil helps me to get my Fat intake numbers up.

Watch for of the Dr. Jason Fung youtube videos. Science wise he is the best I have heard/read at explaining the cause of "stalls". Start with this one then watch his 6 part serious that you will see on the right side of the screen when watching is one. https://youtube.com/watch?v=ETkwZIi3R7w
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    moe0303 wrote: »
    Are you feeling satisfied? What is the ratio of fat in your diet?

Some days I'm starving (like today), other days I feel not hungry at all where I'll only eat 1,000 cal or under
  • emilybeaver
    Options

@emilybeaver I had the same issue. After I learned eating more fat seemed to decrease my body fat I was able to load up of fats. Coconut oil helps me to get my Fat intake numbers up.

Watch for of the Dr. Jason Fung youtube videos. Science wise he is the best I have heard/read at explaining the cause of "stalls". Start with this one then watch his 6 part serious that you will see on the right side of the screen when watching is one. https://youtube.com/watch?v=ETkwZIi3R7w

I will work on that this afternoon!! Thank you!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    If you pick fatty meats, your macros will fall in. Bacon, Chicken/turkey ~ always ~ with the skin, 80/20, 73/27 hamburger, corned beef, ribeyes, New York strip, T-bones, fillets, roasts, or any other fatty meat that you can see chunks of marbling/fat/skin in/on them.

Use oily dressings for salads like, oil & vinegar, ranch, blue cheese.

Try to cook your veggies in butter, ghee, rendered tallow, lard, or refined coconut oil.

Lastly, make some fat bombs for dessert.

I hope this helps,

Dan

I need to make some of these I think....
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    If you like avocados. They are great fat.. If not I try to keep a mayo and sour cream base dip on hand (spinach/veggie) and dip with celery sticks or eat with spoon. Also cream cheese ball with season all is great too (look up cheese ball). I usually just add cream cheese, seasonal and olives.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I want to make some cream cheese and olive spread for veggies. Also might find ways to use coconut oil. Haven't really had trouble getting fat in ,but protein often lags behind.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Eat more on your starving days (for one), don't worry about calories otherwise.

Protein is a goal, carbs are a limit, and fat is to satiety, If you're not hungry, you don't necessarily need it. If you are, others have great suggestions on how to increase it!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Mayo.

Mayo on burgers. Mayo on chicken. Salami dipped in mayo. That'll get it up there. :mrgreen: