Hello All- Newbie here

Options
thebobogrind
thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
Through a lot of research and countless success stories, I've decided to give OMAD a serious Go!

Started OMAD on Good Friday (so a couple days ago...)

32years, 5'7, calorie goal 1500-1700 (40-30-30 macro)
SW: 241
CW: 239
1st Target Weight: under 200

Hoping to feel like I used to back in Uni-when I naturally ate 1 meal a day- Good, active, energized, happy, less obsessive about food, and sexy!

Congrats to all who have had success in this, and good luck to all of us starting!

Bobo

Replies

• Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey bobo, glad to have u here. I must say that eating omad has helped me with all of the things in your previous post. Good job on the last 3days and I wish u the best of luck moving forward.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bobo!

:-)
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    How is your first week coming along?
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    Hi all,

I was going to wait to share an update on Friday after my official 1 week weigh-in, but I don't mind sharing one now :)

I feel absolutely amazing!!! My back pain is subsiding, I'm no longer bloated, my face no longer looks puffy, my hair is super shiny, my nails are no longer brittle, my appetite is suppressed, and I'm no longer obsessing about food (although I very much look forward to my fulfilling meal at 6pm with my husband- he is doing this too and looks and feels great too so far)....

Today I felt so 'light', I went for a walk and did a little yoga/stretches....

I wish I could share OMAD with everyone, but I mentioned IF to a few people at work and their negativity just turned me off. So I haven't really told anyone, and it's OK because I have my husband on board which is really all that matters. (Oh! And all of you of course :) )

As an example of what I'm eating: we had lasagna and a side of cottage cheese for dinner tonight, and a couple mini Lindt chocolate eggs, all for under 1400 calories. I was stuffed! So great! Before this, I would have been starving at 1am (as I write this) and I would be pushing 2000 calories and looking to eat more!

So all in all, can't wait to see what my second week will look like!

Bobo
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Hi all,

I was going to wait to share an update on Friday after my official 1 week weigh-in, but I don't mind sharing one now :)

I feel absolutely amazing!!! My back pain is subsiding, I'm no longer bloated, my face no longer looks puffy, my hair is super shiny, my nails are no longer brittle, my appetite is suppressed, and I'm no longer obsessing about food (although I very much look forward to my fulfilling meal at 6pm with my husband- he is doing this too and looks and feels great too so far)....

I wish I could share OMAD with everyone, but I mentioned IF to a few people at work and their negativity just turned me off. So I haven't really told anyone, and it's OK because I have my husband on board which is really all that matters. (Oh! And all of you of course :) )

As an example of what I'm eating: we had lasagna and a side of cottage cheese for dinner tonight, and a couple mini Lindt chocolate eggs, all for under 1400 calories. I was stuffed! So great! Before this, I would have been starving at 1am (as I write this) and I would be pushing 2000 calories and looking to eat more!

So all in all, can't wait to see what my second week will look like!

Bobo

Good to know.

Yeah, no need to talk about OMAD. Believe me, they will come to YOU for your results as time passes and then you'll be ready to share it with them when they REALLY are looking to replicate your results!

:-)
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up. (And good job getting hubby on board too)
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    :D
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    Soooo the weekend rolled around and I ate breakfast and then all hell broke loose... I couldn't stop craving foods and eating.... Bah!

For all those experienced OMADers, I'm assuming you eat this way 7 days a week? ... I personally don't think I can do a mix ... I will have to stick to OMAD every single day.

Oh well, live and learn.

Bobo
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    First don't worry about the bad eating days, they happen sometimes. Just get back on plan for your next meal and call it a lesson learned (I have had them still do , I just get back on track the next day)

It is easier to do omad 7 days a week, especially being newer to the WOE. Stick with the fasting keep up the deficit and you will be fine
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Lipka1le wrote: »
    First don't worry about the bad eating days, they happen sometimes. Just get back on plan for your next meal and call it a lesson learned (I have had them still do , I just get back on track the next day)

It is easier to do omad 7 days a week, especially being newer to the WOE. Stick with the fasting keep up the deficit and you will be fine

^ what she said. :-)
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    Thanks so much!

Back on track today and feel so much better already... Back in control...
  • shardaycota
    shardaycota Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi all,

• shardaycota
    Options
    Oh my god I know!lol! I just keep my mouth shut. People are so brain washed and Afraid of what they don't know or dont understand .it is actually very sad . It's like they choose to not be open minded, it's almost asif you have to go out of your way to be stubborn like that.
  • shardaycota
    Options
    Hahahaha I'm still getting used to mfp. So sorry hehehe
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Oh my god I know!lol! I just keep my mouth shut. People are so brain washed and Afraid of what they don't know or dont understand .it is actually very sad . It's like they choose to not be open minded, it's almost asif you have to go out of your way to be stubborn like that.

It is funny, people recognize the loss but if you tell them the truth, they say oh, you've been straving yourself. So I just choose to tell them I've been watching what I eat. Really it's more like I've been watching what time I eat.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Lipka1le wrote: »

It is funny, people recognize the loss but if you tell them the truth, they say oh, you've been straving yourself. So I just choose to tell them I've been watching what I eat. Really it's more like I've been watching what time I eat.

Very good way to go about it.
  • shardaycota
    Options
    Omg I love that !
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    True that! This is definitely my way of eating, everyday I am more convinced this will be a lifestyle change...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I tell people I'm on an intermittent eating diet and not an intermittent fasting diet sometimes (to start the conversation). They will listen for a little while doing that. Most will listen but most are not too interested in trying. They think it is too hard. I explain I'm not starving myself and tell them how many cals I'm eating and that since I eat them in a small window I get to eat bigger meals. Also I tell them that my appetite is suppressed while fasted and I don't get as hungry as when eating small meals (I can relate to if you start you can open the flood gates!). Results speak for themselves!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    What a great idea -- describing it as intermittent eating!