so how is your day?

Options
tishball
tishball Posts: 155 Member
I keep checking in here to read posts and stuff, ( anything) as I am restarting I am trying to stay focused. However some of the posts go over my head, so I thought a little thread with a little chit chat may help us to just talk about mundane stuff.
So far ( it is only 3 pm here) my day is ok, I am trying to get more activity in, but am starting slowly. I had a few min bouncing on the kids trampoline when I was supposed to be hanging out the washing. I had an argument with a grumpy old man while driving out a gateway from a bank, he wouldn't move the backside of his car out of the driveway, anyway I am sure that the upside to this was my increased heart rate probably burned a few calories. lol. Getting on ok with my low carb diet, trying to reduce the protein a bit more, it is a daily task trying to up the fat reduce the veg and protien, but I am getting there.
So whats you day doing?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    My day is just getting started. Good gym session, got my coffee, and now on the train to work. Have my breakfast and lunch packed so I don't feel tempted to stray.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • tishball
    Options
    good job on going to the gym before work, I get my workout pushing my luck. lol.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    So far so good. Extra tired but my boss grabbed me an iced coffee with cream while she was out so that's a plus! :) I'm hoping to get my lifting workout in after work. It looks like we might have to go out for a friend's b-day so that means low carb sushi. woo hoo!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to get my food choices back under control after an almost two week free fall, but spring is finally here and I am thrilled with my increased activity. I'm even starting to look forward to my Monday & Wednesday gym nights. The sky is blue and the sun shining, perhaps that's why I got up on the right side of the bed today ;) Feels good to be happy!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    This is totally my kind of thread :)

I was just sitting here all bored. But since you asked how my day is, let me tell you:

Got a new computer and monitor at work today. The computer is like the size of a, well I don't even know what but its tiny so now there is lots of extra room on my desk. And the monitor is like 23 inches or something so its huge and is taking some time to get used to.

The only bad thing is now I can't hide all my junk behind the computer so I have to keep my desk neater.

I cleaned the keurig machine, it was only making like half a cup of coffee and the computer installer said to run vinegar through it, that did the trick so now we can make coffee again. Woohoo!

Boss left at lunch time for vacation, while the cats away the mice will play lol!

Waiting for the office supplier to deliver my coffee order, that's probably the biggest highlight of my afternoon.

Been stalking the TTC boards on another forum but some of those women get really irritating so I'd rather stalk over here.

Have to stay late to meet with a client, should be easy enough but would rather just go home. Still have to decide what to have for dinner.

How's your day!
  • tishball
    Options
    Brilliant to see you lot posting, it will help us to have an idea of what we are all up to in life. lol. I am a bit cheesed off logging my food , my rashers are showing up as having carbs, that can't be right. I thought bacon was the holy grail. lucky kimberwolf, I am in the west of Ireland, and it is wet and cold, and grey and windy. Even the birds are hiding. The weather is so bad you wouldn't put your ex out in it. I am finding it sort of hard to keep it in my brain to stay AWAY from the carby foods, so I log on here to remind me. The before and after pics make me realise If I stick with this I wont be a little fattie , but a little slimmie..... lol
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am stalking the boards too, trying to keep motivation up to finish up the last of my 16 hour fast. So far no cheating! I have a ton of things to do today, but focus is completely gone.. so light headed right now. Even after a big mug of strong beef broth about an hour ago. My day will get better after the kale salad with bacon ranch dressing I have planned for about half-hour from now!

Dinner will be lemon-caper chicken and broccoli. Ok... time to focus on something else besides food for the next half-hour :p
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    @tishball Are you in or near Galway by any chance? Beautiful city. I love Ireland. I lived there for a year in 2013-2014 and go back once a year to visit my friends.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I am having a stressful day. A program crashed yesterday, so I went home on time from work. Today, I have been trying to get a whole bunch of stuff done that everyone wanted yesterday. Anyway, I'm going in between the forums here and other programs on my computer... some of them take so long to run that I end up with a lot of down time unfortunately. Then I'm baby-sitting a server and will switch back to it when it is done to get more real work done. It's annoying to have such slow computers, though.

I took tomorrow off from work to get working on a big project for my class (I work FT and I'm a FT grad student) that is due 4/17 and will take a week (but I don't have a week, so I'm going to try to get it done in the next 3 days and next weekend).
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Crappy rainy day here in Maine, USA , too. Discovered I'd used the wrong checking acct for a week and had to transfer $$$ to cover it. Fixed the problem. UGH! Now trying not to eat anything out of emotions instead of hunger. Don't want to cook supper , although I should. Feel so frustrated. Time to do income taxes as well.. Hate that! There ! that's my rant.
    I love how supportive you folks all are. I don't feel so alone.
  • tishball
    Options
    Good luck midwesterner, ( how to I get the name to copy on a post) . I find though I work so much better when I have a bit of pressure, otherwise I doddle about just half doing stuff. Samanthaluan, I am from Mayo the county right beside Galway, I drive to Galway city fairly often. I guess you understand what I mean by the weather if you lived here for a year. Its not so cold we have snow a lot, but it is wet which makes it feel cold , the wind doesn't help either. Even our ducks have umbrellas.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    @tishball Use the "@" symbol and start typing in their name.

The wind is crazy in Ireland. I was living in Dublin and I learned very quickly, there was no point in having an umbrella because it would fly away or break before you could get home.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Here in WV the weather is all over the place. I left to grab lunch and it was cloudy. When I started driving back to work it was rain, then sleet, and then by the time I got to the office it was brilliantly sunny! I was only gone about 10 minutes too! Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be snowy. Then next week it's back to high 50's with a good bit of rain. Fun times.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I am I the process of restarting as well. Food choices have been good, activity low. Just got home from work so will get moving after a mental break. Black coffee for snack and food for tomorrow is pre planned!!
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    After about 9 months of really healthy low carb eating, went off the wagon over Easter, after injuring my back stretching. So fed up w/ back injury , and having to take time off from exercise, and stress of Easter cross country travel, etc. Upon eating sugar, immediate mental fog, arthritis and depressive response to everything returned. So now back on my food plan. But so hard to stick to it. I just have to get through a week of low carb eating. I already feel better -- don't understand why I crave sugar when its devastating effects are so clear to me. Helps to read these posts -- and remember just have to get through today. Now my back is better, I can go to cross fit tomorrow am, and that is always an energy/mood boost!
  • tishball
    Options
    I drink gazillions of black coffee, . I find it hard to give up my veggies, I love all veg, except asparagus, you can have that, yuk stuff. I love all fruit, and am finding it hard not to have carrotts, and peas, and sweetcorn, and apples, grapes, oh boy. I will save those for reload days. I also find it hard making kids lunches with fresh bread, the smell of it makes me want to sink my teeth into the crusty stuff. If I was a one bite person that wouldn't be too bad, but I would just eat and eat and eat it, so I am being very good,.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of Ab Lib April and its HARD! I was/am such a measurement freak that this just 'winging it' has me way out of my comfort zone. I just want to write everything down! Today is probably the worst day, I am tired and a bit foggy. I don't feel like eating at all. Problem is I am going to a friends house for dinner tonight but what I feel like doing is running a bath and lying on the couch! Anyway.... I sound like a real whinger but the previous days I have been really buzzy and feeling great. Just hoping that returns very soon :)
  • tishball
    Options
    @carom don't worry about going to the friends house, I will bet it will be great. I would be a bit freaky with not logging the food too. I know if I don't write it down, I will forget I ate it.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    How's my day? It's the end of Friday & it's great. Been working sat a flying school for teenage pilots. 24 teens & 15 pilot instructors. Camp goes for 10 days straight & we are into day 8. 5 teens got their solo qualifications in the last 2 days so they are flying a plane on their own (but they are too young to even get their learners for a car - figure that). They are so excited - of course.
  • tishball
    Options
    oh wow @sue, that is just so cool. I can imagine the excitment. Enjoy your weekend. Its only midday here, pooh