Leslie Sansone April 2016 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• frannie6
    frannie6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I'm Frances and began doing Leslie's videos just last week!
    I gotta say, it's amazing how much sweat and calories I've burned doing the walk at home DVD's. What really blows my mind is that in just one week I've already seen some results in my body: the bloat is gone, my jeans are already fitting a bit better, and best of all I'm having FUN while doing it.

This week I'm on vacation at Disney World so even though I won't be doing the DVD's, I know I'll be getting my 10,000 daily steps for sure!

My goal is to lose between 5-10 lbs before Memorial Day weekend. I'm so sure Leslie and all of you will help me make it happen!

Thank you! And much success to all!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I can;t believe we are already into April. Setting my goal to 65 Miles this month. I think my ankle is strong enough to start training again this week
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to welcome all of the new walkers to the group. It's good to have all of this energy.
    Deeder522, I hope your ankle continues to get better.

Today I put in 2 miles with Leslie's Walking Away the Pounds. I was only going to do 1.5 miles of it, but I kept going and did the full 2 miles, although I did the last 1/2 mile at a bit of a slower rate. I can feel that I am getting a bit stronger every day.

So now I am at 5 miles out of 35.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Had a hard start the last few days, but got in 2 miles doing Leslie's Women's Walk tonight. Baby Steps!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Wraiythe wrote: »
    Had a hard start the last few days, but got in 2 miles doing Leslie's Women's Walk tonight. Baby Steps!!!

Good for you!
  • bbcbw
    bbcbw Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im new here. Currently im doing Leslie 3 miles walk at home.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Welcome bbcbw!

My ankles a little stiff but I decided a 1Mile With Leslie was a good way to "break" it back in.
    In running some errands I did a couple flights of stairs in the parking garage too.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    18.5/100
    2 miles at the park today. I have a cold and sore throat and just could not push myself any further today. I just was not feeling it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    22/100 Today we have sun so I did a decent workout yesterday with all the snow I called it an early night and crawled into bed. I can't wait for spring.
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    1 mile today using weighted balls. 6/35
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    April goal
    - 110 miles (to beat last April)
    - 10 days over 10,000 steps

April 1 - 5.7 miles - 12,648 steps (1/10)
    April 2 - 4.7 miles - 10332 steps (2/10)
    April 3 - 5.6 miles - 12318 steps (3/10)
    April 4 - 2.5 miles
    April 5 = 2.6 miles

Yup...back to work and a two day road trip!! Yes the hotel has a gym - YEAH!!
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Had a short amount of time to get a workout in so I tried Jessica Smith for a walking 1 mile. She got me going though.
  • balesschroeder
    balesschroeder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2 miles today. 5/30 yeah!!!
  • SaskyB
    SaskyB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm a newbee to the group also..
    Everyone seems to be talking snow - we have Autumnal highs of 32 degrees. I'd love to post a picture of my sea walk.
    I use a fitbit and am clocking around 20K steps daily but am wanting to do 31 Miles with Leslie for all the other benefits. I've clocked 3 so far this month.
    I love knowing that we all walk together =).
    Have a fabulous day xo.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    SaskyB wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm a newbee to the group also..
    Everyone seems to be talking snow - we have Autumnal highs of 32 degrees. I'd love to post a picture of my sea walk.
    I use a fitbit and am clocking around 20K steps daily but am wanting to do 31 Miles with Leslie for all the other benefits. I've clocked 3 so far this month.
    I love knowing that we all walk together =).
    Have a fabulous day xo.

Hi SaskyB and welcome to the group!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    22.5/100
    2 Mile Walk It off in 30 days
    2 Mile Walk This Way
  • fitbabs
    fitbabs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did the 2 Mile Far Burning DVD with 3 lb. weights.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I was setting up to walk this morning when the job called wanting me to come in early to cover someone's shift. *Sigh* Hopefully I can convince myself to do my walk tonight when I get home!!!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    April goal
    - 110 miles (to beat last April)
    - 10 days over 10,000 steps

April 1 - 5.7 miles - 12,648 steps (1/10)
    April 2 - 4.7 miles - 10332 steps (2/10)
    April 3 - 5.6 miles - 12318 steps (3/10)
    April 4 - 2.5 miles
    April 5 = 2.6 miles
    April 6 - 4 miles
    April 7 - 6 miles - 13215 steps (4/10)

Made it back from the road trip and had enough time to head outside for a walk. Beautiful afternoon.
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    Good job everyone!

I'm pushing myself a bit each day, and I feel a bit stronger each day.
    Today I completed the full 2 miles (without hand weights) on Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds (High Calorie Burn). It's amazing that you can feel these walks all over!

I'm getting in my miles in the AM now. I had trouble with this 2 mile in the morning before, feeling dizzy. Also this week I started a bit of Intermittent Fasting - since I was almost doing it anyway, with a 15 hour fast and a 9 hour eating window, starting at noon each day. I still have my 2 morning coffees, but with Stevia now instead of sugar - in other words only 19 calories before noon, so I have less calories in me now than when I was feeling dizzy a couple of weeks ago.

Weather here continues to be cold, often below freezing, so indoor walking is good!

So, my count so far: 10 miles out of 35.