What workouts/exercise programs are you doing?

Options

Replies

• missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing Body Revolution for now. I joined a gym and I'm going to try to do some workouts from an app I downloaded.

I may end up going back to BR and supplement with some workouts at the gym. I'm working on finding times to go where there aren't a lot of people on the leg and arm machines. Planet Fitness doesn't have a lot of those unfortunately.
  • missjones513
    Options
    Starting P90X today. Some of the workouts I'll do at the gym. I don't have a chin-up bar at home and I only have 5 and 8lbs dumbbells.

I think I'll go back to BR after this. Or maybe alternate phases? Like go back to Phase 2 of BR after I finish Phase 1 of P90X.
  • VirginiaMom
    VirginiaMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started doing C25K (week one) and I also walk about 3 miles a day, 5 days a week. I work out at home a half hour 5-6 days a week.
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I try to get to the gym 3-5 days per week, however, that is proving to be a pain in the butt. I have been walking 30 minutes every day, and either I go to the gym or I do a workout dvd at home. Mostly I do the les mills body combat or zumba, though I find that youtube has so many workouts, I seldom do the same one twice. so long as I am working out and sweating, that's working for me. At the gym I do the 20 minute circuit and a lot of floor exercise/core tightening work, leaving the classes for at home mostly, except thursday night, as i love that zumba class.

I have signed up for a 5 k (walk or run) on August 1st so I am hoping to do the couch to 5 k (i'm a little leary honestly) from now till then in preparation.

and whenever i want to EAT... i try to workout instead :)

• amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm doing different workouts so I don't get bored . Tabata intervals, free weights, walking/running,strong curves I started this week I will do this 4 x a week with every workout,and I have enough videos to start a store lol
  • missjones513
    Options
    I'm back to Body Revolution lol. I like the format of Jillian Michaels' workouts.
  • missjones513
    Options
    I've gone back to TurboFire. I plan on doing JM workouts for strength. Not feeling the resistance band workouts on TF.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I started doing the Runtastic 6 Pack Abs and Leg Trainer. I still do cardio but I am always up for doing bodyweight training.
  • charlottia28
    charlottia28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ok i have been doing 30 minutes cradio 3 days a week with mini strength training sessions right after. Then one full day strength training for a one hour.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi just started MFP. I currently just walk more. I have 2 dogs and they must have their morning walk so I just extend the time and will eventually move to jogging with them.

I wanted to join a gym but it's not in the budget so I will start walking at lunch and after work with the dogs again.

I don't want to burn out so I just make sure I eat clean and drink water. I have lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Walk at Home video with Leslie Sansone. I started with 1 mile, then I progressed to two miles. Now most days I will do three miles. I like it because it is easy for me and I am not so winded that I do not want to do it again.
  • Mslinda52
    Mslinda52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Monday it's 45 Group Cycle, Tuesday 20-20-20 and Power Cut group fitness classes, Wed Cycle again, Thursday 45 Min Cycle class again, and Friday Group Strength and Muscle conditioning class, Saturday more Cycle
  • Mslinda52
    Mslinda52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    well it's the day after Thanksgiving, and I'm headed to the Y. I plan to workout 60 minutes on the Elliptical machine. Is there anybody else working out today?
  • missjones513
    Options
    Starting Focus T25 on Monday. Excited, I need something new. I've been slacking on working out since like September last year.
  • Alysia82
    Alysia82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm using daily burn
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I currently do C25k, HIIt, Tabata, or Boxing
  • Namaste_Mama
    Namaste_Mama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try to enjoy a 20 minute yoga practice 4 days a week. More for the mind than the body.

Otherwise I run. Well, more of a slow crawl but about 10 miles a week. When my legs are killing me from running, I turn to the elliptical. Very inconsistent with the strength training but I do lift a bit.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Any good dance programs you ladies are following that have good music? I'd love to learn how to dance better and burn off some weight at the same time.

As for me, My car broke down recently so I've began to walk to work....Its an hour long walk about 2.3 miles and I do at home workouts at night from youtube but I would really love to learn to dance better then eventually graduate to pole dancing classes. :wink:
  • missjones513
    Options
    I'm slacking on my workouts. I did a walking DVD yesterday. I want to do a Jillian Michaels workout sometime this week. I need to pick a program and just do it, but I haven't been too excited about any of my workout DVDs lately.
  • DGgetit
    DGgetit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Any good dance programs you ladies are following that have good music? I'd love to learn how to dance better and burn off some weight at the same time.

As for me, My car broke down recently so I've began to walk to work....Its an hour long walk about 2.3 miles and I do at home workouts at night from youtube but I would really love to learn to dance better then eventually graduate to pole dancing classes. :wink: