New "Active Hours" tile

Options
sarahmichelef
sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
I'm loving the new hours-with-250+-steps tile that appeared in the past couple of days. Great reminder to get off my duff and move a little bit throughout the day.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I just got the email and set mine up for this. A great surprise and the motivation I needed to do this, I thought about it many times just didn't do it :D
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I like it, too. Right now I have it set for the maximum hours, but I think I'll end up cutting back a couple once I've watched my pattern for a while. I wish they'd add the "reminder to move" feature to models other than the Alta, but I guess they want to keep that feature as a selling point for the Alta, at least for a while. As it is, I have to keep an eye on it myself if I want to make sure those dots are filled in.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Nancy there is an android app Hourly Chime that some folks are having good luck with on Fitbit.com, I haven't seen a reminder chime for iPhone yet.
  • NancyN795
    Options
    Thanks, retirehappy! I'll give it a try. I'd prefer something that only went off when I hadn't moved enough, but an hourly reminder - as long as it isn't too intrusive - might do.
  • zeroone614
    zeroone614 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have that yet, how do I get it?
  • NancyN795
    Options
    It just appeared on my Fitbit app on my phone. For my Fitbit dashboard on the web, I had to add the tile. The mobile app actually gives more information than is available on the website - it will show "Longest Stationary Period" and your active and stationary percentages for the day.
  • shanna7787
    shanna7787 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and it is supposed to remind me at the :50 point every hour if I don't have 250+ steps. It is supposed to vibrate to "remind me to move". (I haven't let it get that close to the next hour without having my steps, so I am not 100% sure mine does it! lol) I like to make all my dots turn red!
  • shanna7787
    Options
    Also, I like it because I am getting WAY more steps each day than I got before.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I like it, but I don't like it. I can't just get up every hour at work or class to walk around, so it's a little annoying for that. But I can see how it would be useful.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't have it :( On my phone or PC. I have a zip, does that make a difference?
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    It just appeared on my Fitbit app on my phone. For my Fitbit dashboard on the web, I had to add the tile. The mobile app actually gives more information than is available on the website - it will show "Longest Stationary Period" and your active and stationary percentages for the day.

Thanks for that info. I hadn't found the longest stationary period yet. Now I am more motivated to try to move a little bit every hour.
  • Owlfan88
    Options
    shanna7787 wrote: »
    I have the Charge HR and it is supposed to remind me at the :50 point every hour if I don't have 250+ steps. It is supposed to vibrate to "remind me to move". (I haven't let it get that close to the next hour without having my steps, so I am not 100% sure mine does it! lol) I like to make all my dots turn red!

I also have the charge HR, but I didn't know you could get it to remind me to move - and I know it isn't doing it because yesterday I missed an hour. How do you get it to remind you to move @shanna7787 ?

• shanna7787
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I actually waited during the 1 o'Clock hour to see if it would vibrate... It didn't! So I missed that one because I forgot! :( So at this time I don't even know if Charge HR's will vibrate. That makes me sad. @Owlfan88
  • Owlfan88
    Options
    I actually waited during the 1 o'Clock hour to see if it would vibrate... It didn't! So I missed that one because I forgot! :( So at this time I don't even know if Charge HR's will vibrate. That makes me sad. @Owlfan88

Darn! I was hoping I could get it to remind me. I thought I had gotten my movement each hour, but I missed 4 pm (and then again at 8 pm- I had no steps that hour, but got lots done on my taxes. I'm ok with that trade off.)

• NancyN795
    Options
    Owlfan88 wrote: »

Darn! I was hoping I could get it to remind me. I thought I had gotten my movement each hour, but I missed 4 pm (and then again at 8 pm- I had no steps that hour, but got lots done on my taxes. I'm ok with that trade off.)

I'd love that reminder, too. I missed one hour in the middle of the day yesterday and if I'd had a "you haven't moved enough" reminder I could have gotten it. I can tell evenings are going to be hardest for me, so I may turn off the last hour or two of the day.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how to get this extra tile? Or is it only available to HRM users?
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a android phone at it appeared during one of the normal updates. The only person I know with a iPhone and a Fitbit doesn't have this yet. Not sure it it varies by Fitbit model or mobile app. Number of steps doesn't require HR so I doubt that is it unless then only offer on pricier models to induce you to upgrade.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I have an Android too, and had a fitbit update a week ago. May have to wait for the next one..
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how to get this extra tile? Or is it only available to HRM users?

I have it, but I have the blaze. It might only show up for people who have the Alta or higher. I can check since I have a zip.

edit:
    Yep. Looks like it's reserved for Alta or higher. Created a new account with the Zip as the tracker and the hourly activity thing isn't there. Checked my husbands phone app (he has the One) and he doesn't have it either.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I have it, but I have the blaze. It might only show up for people who have the Alta or higher. I can check since I have a zip.

Great, Thank you xx