Team: The Slimsons

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Good luck to all of us weighing in tomorrow. Week one nearly over.

Thanks..same to you.
  • dillyg08
    I would like to make a suggestion to our team lead to have weekly challenges within our team. It would be interesting to see what worked and what didn't and how we can improve for the remainder of this challenge.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    dillyg08 wrote: »
    I would like to make a suggestion to our team lead to have weekly challenges within our team. It would be interesting to see what worked and what didn't and how we can improve for the remainder of this challenge.

I like this idea what does everyone else think? I will have a think about what our challenge should be for next week throughout today (I have just woken up and my brain isn't working yet) but would love the team to come up with some ideas too. Please post your suggestions today. As I am on UK time and most of you are on US time I will chose a challenge by this time tomorrow. I don't think there is time for a vote but next week I will plan it sooner and put it to a vote.
  • vbugsmom
    vbugsmom Posts: 28 Member
    I think a challenge is s great idea. We could do a step challenge. Or a pound challenge. Or even an exercise challenge.
  • ummaeesa
    ummaeesa Posts: 14 Member
    I think it's an awesome idea...more motivation (which I could use)! Maybe even a daily water intake goal, or absolutely no ultra processed foods for the week challenge? Daily timed mile, trying to cut time each day?
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT - Change in Game Rules!!***

Current Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. Should they fail to submit 2 weeks in a row they will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in the challenge.

NEW Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. After team results are posted for the week the non-submitter will be eliminated from the team and will no longer be able to participate in the challenge. This does not apply to those individuals that have reported their weight as 0% loss.

**********************************************************************************************

As I was looking into future weeks I realized that a non-submitter that decides to submit the next week will be evaluated on their previous weigh-in two weeks prior which makes it unfair to those that are weighing-in weekly. As a result, if you don't weigh-in weekly you will be considered weight that is weighing down the team and you will be eliminated.

I'm sorry for the confusion in having to make the change. Because this is our first month doing the challenge it has been a work in progress. I feel with the new change in rules it will still make everyone accountable while being fair to those that are committed to the challenge.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Serendipity <3
  • dillyg08
    vbugsmom wrote: »
    I think a challenge is s great idea. We could do a step challenge. Or a pound challenge. Or even an exercise challenge.

Step challenge would be awesome. That would motivate me to get additional steps in since I have a Fitbit. Since an average 10,000 steps is around 4 miles we could do that each day and for those that doesn't have a tracker they can just do mileage.

Then we can do the water intake and no processed food for next challenge.

Great ideas...Way to go...

• Healthy4me4ever
    Hi, hope you've all had a great week. I've just sent everyone on the team a friend request. We have 3 members left to weigh in, although I know we are on different time zones it's getting late here so I've sent reminders to them so hopefully we'll keep a full team. All three have Friday as weigh in day so fingers crossed.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    **Weekly Team Challenge**

Some great suggestions for our first challenge.

I've decided on the following for this week:

1 - Excercise on 5 days out of 7.
    2 - No junk food for a week.
    3 - Post on the discussion thread 3 or more days this week with how you are doing.

Would love for everyone to chose 1 or 2 or both and would encourage everyone to do 3 as this can only help us to motivate each other.

I'll send out personal messages to every team member as I don't think everyone checks in to the challenge every day. Would be great if most of us participate in this.
  • suzmom23
    suzmom23 Posts: 16 Member
    I asked if the mould post tomorrow as well as I am driving home from Disney.
  • vbugsmom
    Do the challenges go from Friday to Friday? Or when do they start?
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi Team The Slimsons!

All weights have been entered for your team. Unfortunately there has been one person eliminated from the team this week, maymay0219 due to not submitting.

At this point, your team collectively has lost a total of 24.3 lbs with one additional member to report in (Suzmom23). She is travelling and unable to gain access to a scale. She has reported in that she will have a number for us as soon as she is home tomorrow. Once that is received winners will be announced.
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    I have been doing so good all week, but today at work I went a little crazy. I was SO hungry I had eaten most of my calories by noon. I did exercise when I came home though so that helped some. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day, and I will do much better. I'm going to have a good weigh in on Monday.
  • Healthy4me4ever

It starts today, Saturday.
  • Healthy4me4ever

It starts today, Saturday to Saturday.
  • vbugsmom

It starts today, Saturday to Saturday.

Thanks
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Today I went to a karate lesson this morning and swimming this afternoon. And no rubbish food. Successful day all round.

Hope everyone else is having a good day too, sending love to you all
  • dillyg08
    Great job Slimsons. Way to start our first week. On to the next.
  • suzmom23
    suzmom23 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi yall I just walked in and the first thing I did was weigh. 193.5. I guess Disney isn't the calorie killer I thought it would be!
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    Congratulations everyone on our first successful week!

Today, I was out all day. I started with the gym this morning followed up by 2 different walks. It is a balmy 35 degrees here but I am finding nature so beautiful in the snow! I ended my day with 17,305 steps and 127 active minutes. Pretty good start to my week! Ended my day playing The Voice on the Xbox 360 with my fam.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday!!!