Team: The Slimsons

Replies

• Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    dillyg08 wrote: »
    @ Serendipity0913, thank you so much for putting this challenge together. Your organizational skills is on point.

I submitted my starting weight. Let the game begins. My game face is on. The Slimsons all the way.....

You're so welcome dillyg08! Good luck!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Hey Team Slimsons!!

Just stopping through to say good luck!! Beverley...I see you're gonna give us a run for our money :) I see your game face is on...Lol. Happy losing everyone!!
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    I submitted my weight today. Let's go Slimsons! Good luck All!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Glad I don't submit my weight until Friday as I had a bad day yesterday. Ate way too much and didn't log my food as way too embarrassed to know how many calories I actually ate. By far my worst day since starting MFP. Back on track today though and looking forward to helping our team do the best we can.
  • Serendipity0913
    Hi All,

I have been pleasantly surprised and very shocked at the number of people that have expressed interest in our challenge. I really dislike turning people away, especially if they are trying to better themselves by reaching out for support in helping themselves achieve health goals.

At this moment I have over 100 people on our waiting list. As a result I have created 3 more teams! This won't place them all but at least it will help 45 of them.

Because we've grown so much I am looking for a Team Captain for each team. This person should be someone that is 100% committed to not only their own success but each and every team member on the team. This must be someone that logs in DAILY.

I'll be looking to the Team Captains to ensure everyone on your team has submitted their weekly weigh-ins on or before Friday of every week. If there is a team member that is falling off the wagon, I'll be looking to you to encourage them to continue both for their own benefit as well as the team's overall weekly standing. This may require a personal message to them of encouragement or maybe just a reminder that they haven't submitted yet.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do let me know ASAP. I'd like to have Team Captains selected prior to our April 1 start date.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Hey Team Slimsons!!

Just stopping through to say good luck!! Beverley...I see you're gonna give us a run for our money :) I see your game face is on...Lol. Happy losing everyone!!

Thank you Bridgette. Best of luck to you as well. Happy loosing:-)

• BooSkooMama76
    BooSkooMama76 Posts: 23 Member
    I just submitted my starting weight! My name is Amanda, and I am starting this challenge at 178.1 lbs. I will be celebrating the big 4-0 on 4/22, and by then I'm hoping to be as close as possible to 170 lbs! My final goal weight is 160, which I would like to achieve by summer.
    In my adult life I have gained and lost the same 20-25 lbs countless times, and now that I'm going into my 40's I'd like to find a way to keep it off for good. I have two kids, ages 10 and 8, and I work full time, so it's not always easy to find time for myself. However, I know how much better I feel when at a healthy weight, and I know it's possible to get there if I stick to it!
    I am going to make every effort to track my food, drink plenty of water, and walk 10,000 steps most days.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Don't know how good I'd be as a captain but I do log in every day and I'm willing to give it a try.
  • Serendipity0913
    Don't know how good I'd be as a captain but I do log in every day and I'm willing to give it a try.

That would be fantastic Healthy4me4ever! You will do fine. I'll add you as a leader. You'll also see I've created a thread just for the Team Captains. You may want to introduce yourself to them.

Thanks for your help!!
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you Mary for volunteering to be our Team Captain. Thank you @Serendipity0913 for putting this together. Let's do it Slimsons! I plan to lose AT LEAST 12 lbs. Yeah, I know...I went up from 10. Right now I'm feeling like I can do anything! I'm revving the motor. Let's go!!!
  • thefletchhh
    thefletchhh Posts: 22 Member
    Hello TheSlimsons! I'm Beckie and I'm 21 and currently weigh in at 213lbs!
    I've struggled with my weight since I was about 15 and I comfort ate my way through a lot of troubles but after stepping on the scales at 249lbs just before Christmas I decided enough was enough. I have currently lost 36lbs (MFP says 37 for some reason).
    I've got a holiday with a friend coming up and its sunshine and partying. More than anything I want to look good in a bikini and not feel like I have to cover up as I am an embarassment to myself.
    I refuse to look at BMI as I don't think that it gives the correct weights for your body if you carry a lot of muscle (my legs) so for now I am looking to lose another 17lbs and to tone up. This may alter.

Specifically for this challenge I am aiming to lose (hopefully) 5lbs and get my butt to the gym!!

It's lovely to meet you all :smiley:
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    edited March 2016
    I weigh in on Mondays (I think I posted my Monday weight on Tuesday). Even though the numbers not what I want to see on the scale, it doesn't matter because it's just the start, I'm not stopping til I get to my goal.

Can't wait to really see results of the entire team together!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Hi Team Slimsons. I just had a quick look at the spreadsheet and it looks like 6 of us still need to weigh in (including me, I weigh on a Friday). I'll check it properly later today and send reminders to anyone who hasn't logged their starting weight yet.

I've had a couple of bad food days this week (hormones I think). At least it's before my weight is registered and I'm being super good today - started the day with almost 3 hours at the gym.
  • vbugsmom
    vbugsmom Posts: 28 Member
    Just weighed in. Thursday is my day.
  • suzmom23
    suzmom23 Posts: 16 Member
    I am weighing in on Friday. I have had a pretty good week, wish me luck for next week. I am taking the kids to disneyworld and universal. The good news is lots of walking, the bad news is park food.
  • Serendipity0913
    suzmom23 wrote: »
    I am weighing in on Friday. I have had a pretty good week, wish me luck for next week. I am taking the kids to disneyworld and universal. The good news is lots of walking, the bad news is park food.

Last time I did Disney/Universal I wore a pedometer. My total count for ONE day was 33,000 steps!! Don't deprive yourself, just remember moderation. If you want that funnel cake, have it, but only 1/4 of what's on the plate. You'll feel satisfied, will get to enjoy the experience and be able to walk it off. Have fun! :smile:
  • suzmom23
    suzmom23 Posts: 16 Member
    suzmom23 wrote: »

Last time I did Disney/Universal I wore a pedometer. My total count for ONE day was 33,000 steps!! Don't deprive yourself, just remember moderation. If you want that funnel cake, have it, but only 1/4 of what's on the plate. You'll feel satisfied, will get to enjoy the experience and be able to walk it off. Have fun! :smile:

Great advice! Thank goodness I have three littles that will not let me keep something so tasty as a funnel cake to myself
  • ummaeesa
    ummaeesa Posts: 14 Member
    Hello fellow slimsons! I am beyond exited about this challenge...it's my first time doing something like this. My name is Lana, I am 38 years old. I have 7 kids and am on a mission to get fit and healthy again. I really saw my health suffer after the birth of my last child, and started exercising and eating healthy...the results were amazing! I lost about 40 lbs (went from 185-140 in about six months) just by cutting out processed foods and exercising and logging my food here on MFP.

I've slacked off a lot since then and gained close to 15 lbs. Now I want to lose those pounds again and get back to eating healthy and exercising consitently. I've lost close to 4 of those 15, so my goal for this month is to lose 5-10 more. I am currently 151.8 and would like to be 135-140lbs. I'm hoping having an awesome team of supporters will help! Go team Slimsons!
  • AussieMark1980
    AussieMark1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Team - Just about to weigh in and can't wait to meet you all. Its late in Australia at the moment so I will be leaving my bio tomorrow :)
  • Healthy4me4ever
    All bar bar one have weighed in which is excellent. How's everyone ' week going so far? I wish I could motivate you all by saying I've had a great day but I haven't fit any exercise in today. Do have a karate lesson tomorrow morning to kick start my weekend though.