Team: The Slimsons

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Hello Slimsons, we on the clock to rock this challenge.

Have yourselves a marvelous weekend:-)
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    Tomorrow is my weigh-in!!

Keeping strong throughout the weekend, can't let the team down :smile:
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    I weigh in tomorrow and I'm so excited about it! I've done particularly well this week. Go Slimsons!
  • thefletchhh
    thefletchhh Posts: 22 Member
    Had a bit of a tough food week with a date last night and having to have a work meal so this week I'm going to be EXTRA focused on calories and get my butt to the gym 4 days at least.
    Still a small loss is a loss ☺
  • AussieMark1980
    AussieMark1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi All! Below is my story...

I am Mark from Australia. I am currently 110KG (242lbs) and at my heaviest a few years ago was 117kg. I did get down to 102kg while I was training for a cancer fundraising ride however my mind and wilpower got the best of me and I have put back on 8kg (17lbs). I have two beautiful daughters (age 6 and 4) and have been happily married for 12 years. My biggest hurdle is my wilpower to do with portion sizes. Instead of a row of chocolate ( suggested serving) it's not uncommon for me to have the whole block. Things like this need to change. I have said it before but never seem to follow through. Hopefully this group helps me in that change.

I just started up my riding again to and from work (total 22km or 13miles) so hopefully with this exercise two or three times a week and the fact I am a male, I hope to really drop this weight quickly. I predominently shift between two diets (again my stupid brain) which is a shake type diet with shake for brekky and lunch and low carb dinner for dinner.

My goal is to lose 8KG in April. :smiley:

• dillyg08
    Hi All! Below is my story...

I am Mark from Australia. I am currently 110KG (242lbs) and at my heaviest a few years ago was 117kg. I did get down to 102kg while I was training for a cancer fundraising ride however my mind and wilpower got the best of me and I have put back on 8kg (17lbs). I have two beautiful daughters (age 6 and 4) and have been happily married for 12 years. My biggest hurdle is my wilpower to do with portion sizes. Instead of a row of chocolate ( suggested serving) it's not uncommon for me to have the whole block. Things like this need to change. I have said it before but never seem to follow through. Hopefully this group helps me in that change.

I just started up my riding again to and from work (total 22km or 13miles) so hopefully with this exercise two or three times a week and the fact I am a male, I hope to really drop this weight quickly. I predominently shift between two diets (again my stupid brain) which is a shake type diet with shake for brekky and lunch and low carb dinner for dinner.

My goal is to lose 8KG in April. :smiley:

Welcome. We are all here for the same reason. You can do it. Best of luck!
  • Kassandra772
    Kassandra772 Posts: 52 Member
    Hey everyone!

This is my very first challenge and I'm going to give it my all!

My name is Kassandra and 2 years ago I was halfway to my goal weight - then life happened and I got side tracked :(.

I'm back at it and want this because I want a family soon, I want to be healthy and strong for my children as they grow up.

I love having MFP friends, motivators and people who need motivation - feel free to add me :)

We got this people !! GO TEAM SLIMSONS!!!!
  • doitnow0216
    I'm so excited Slimsons! I just posted my week 1 results...I lost 3.3 lbs! Yippee! Hurray! Turning flips, doing hand stands (If I could), etc., etc.! I'm shooting for 3 lbs next week! GO SLIMSONS!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Fantastic result @doitnow0216. Keep up the good work.
  • dillyg08
    Hey everyone!

This is my very first challenge and I'm going to give it my all!

My name is Kassandra and 2 years ago I was halfway to my goal weight - then life happened and I got side tracked :(.

I'm back at it and want this because I want a family soon, I want to be healthy and strong for my children as they grow up.

I love having MFP friends, motivators and people who need motivation - feel free to add me :)

We got this people !! GO TEAM SLIMSONS!!!!

Welcome..You got this.
  • dillyg08
    I'm so excited Slimsons! I just posted my week 1 results...I lost 3.3 lbs! Yippee! Hurray! Turning flips, doing hand stands (If I could), etc., etc.! I'm shooting for 3 lbs next week! GO SLIMSONS!

Very nice lost. Way to go....
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Happy Tuesday Team Slimsons. Looking forward to a swim after work today and if the weather is good follow it with a walk. Feeling positive xxx. We can do this.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi Team Slimsons!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

znp2nzh6seld.jpg
  • doitnow0216
    This is a great idea @Serendipity0913. Thanks for sharing!
  • dillyg08
    Such an inspiration Serendipity0913. A constant reminder is what I need. Much appreciated. Thanks for sharing.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Been for a gym and swim today. Feeling nervous for weigh in on Friday as I had 1 bad food day, fingers crossed the exercise this week will have made up for it. How's everyone else doing?
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    It is getting cold here again... ugh! Still managed to get a walk in and get to the gym. I am very optimistic that I will post a good weight this week... Fingers crossed!!!
  • vbugsmom
    vbugsmom Posts: 28 Member
    I'm nervous for my weigh in tomorrow. My grandma came for a visit. I had not seen her in 3 years. I still tracked my calories, but I did go over a couple of days. I also was not able to go to the gym. I did get my steps in though. Let's hope I did not do to bad.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Good luck to all of us weighing in tomorrow. Week one nearly over.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    REMINDER: All week 1 weigh-in results have to be submitted by 11:59 pm EST. Anyone that fails to report in will be given a 0% loss. This will impact the overall % loss for the whole team.

Week 1 Winners will be announced on Saturday!! :smiley: