Week 5 Golden Ticket Amazing Race Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I finally hit 199 yesterday and that's where I had to be to be cleared to run again. Of course PT is done to for my torn plantar fascia tendon. So this is absolute perfect timing for me to start running again!! So excited!!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    angelious wrote: »
    @Melodieccurn for the walk/run challenge can I include steps/distance for my everyday if I track this? Or is this extra on top? Thanks

Yes you can. This is a different measurement but your minutes still count.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    lupie777 wrote: »
    I finally hit 199 yesterday and that's where I had to be to be cleared to run again. Of course PT is done to for my torn plantar fascia tendon. So this is absolute perfect timing for me to start running again!! So excited!!!

Onderland!fm9jait219k8.jpeg
  • lupie777
    Options
    Thanks Mel!!! That's super sweet of you! I noticed you had also hit it last week isn't it just the best feeling!!!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I found the below information on a Precor Elliptical. If this is my model, can I convert my elliptical to miles for roadblock 2 or does it have to be actual walking/running?

The EFX stride length is approximately 28 ¼ inches (2.356 feet). Therefore, it will take approximately 2241 strides to equal 1 mile.

I'm also curious about that. The elliptical I use at the gym also give me the distance I'm doing. I thought I could use those miles for the roadblock. (?)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Is roadblock 2 all or nothing? It'd be great if we could do a percentage on the points if we cannot reach the 26 miles but I totally understand if it's all or none. Thanks for everything Melodie.

@Melodieccurn - Can you please address this question as well as if we can convert elliptical strides to miles for roadblock 2? I am trying to figure out whether to keep missing out on my regular workouts to try to get some miles in or not. Thanks!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Nutritional Challenge
    Day 1 : Asian Barbecue Mahi Mahi fish
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Is roadblock 2 all or nothing? It'd be great if we could do a percentage on the points if we cannot reach the 26 miles but I totally understand if it's all or none. Thanks for everything Melodie.

@Melodieccurn - Can you please address this question as well as if we can convert elliptical strides to miles for roadblock 2? I am trying to figure out whether to keep missing out on my regular workouts to try to get some miles in or not. Thanks!!

It is all or nothing. Elliptical miles will count .
  • lupie777
    Options
    I did the kettle bell video yesterday and I loved it! I think i will do it multiple times this week. The kettle bell is such a great workout and burns a ton of calories in a short period of time!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kettle bell done
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Thanks Mel!!! That's super sweet of you! I noticed you had also hit it last week isn't it just the best feeling!!!

Yes! I will never go back to the 200s . It's amazing just mentally how good you feel seeing the one versus the two on the scale.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    I did the kettle bell video yesterday and I loved it! I think i will do it multiple times this week. The kettle bell is such a great workout and burns a ton of calories in a short period of time!
    The kettle bell works on your whole core. There is a ton of videos on you tube. I want to take a class in it if I can find one around here .
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say that I won't be doing the kettlebell challenge as all that dynamic motion will be too hard on my joints. I did the figure 8 squats at the beginning but can't do the shoulder stuff.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am in a thumb splint this week due to a tendon issue, but I got through the kettlebell challenge using a tiny weight. I will have to go back and do it later with something more challenging.
  • lupie777
    Options
    I did the kettle bell again with my sister I can't get enough lol
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    I did the kettle bell again with my sister I can't get enough lol
    I love it too. Really gives a great workout.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this one again too but I'll have to see how sore I am in the morning!
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel ...it's still my Sunday...worked 'till 1am, going to post my accountability challenge now (horrible procrastinator I am!) Understand if it doesn't count... Supposed to work noon -9pm, planned for doing it after work...it is still after work... Whine whine whine... Que sera sera. Really love all the great stuff you have us doing. Thank you
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    jazzypdx wrote: »
    Hey Mel ...it's still my Sunday...worked 'till 1am, going to post my accountability challenge now (horrible procrastinator I am!) Understand if it doesn't count... Supposed to work noon -9pm, planned for doing it after work...it is still after work... Whine whine whine... Que sera sera. Really love all the great stuff you have us doing. Thank you

It's still your Sunday til you wake up . So count it! You still have time to get it in.