Team 5

Options

Replies

• dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Can someone remind me what the formula for calculating the amount of water we need to drink?
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Can someone remind me what the formula for calculating the amount of water we need to drink?
    @dawnsch1995 you're supposed to drink your weight in ounces. So if you weigh 150 - 150 ounces which means almost 19 cups of water
  • Jewls2317
    Jewls2317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty frustrated right now. I recently found out that my suspicions were correct and that I have some health issues that are making it hard for me to lose weight. In fact I have gained weight recently instead of losing :(
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Jewls2317 wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty frustrated right now. I recently found out that my suspicions were correct and that I have some health issues that are making it hard for me to lose weight. In fact I have gained weight recently instead of losing :(

Is it a thyroid issue??
  • Jewls2317
    Jewls2317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I'm anemic, which is causing me to have extreme fatigue. I could literally sleep for days and still be exhausted.

• AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry!! But don't let it get you down, I'm sure there's something your doctor can do to help the situation. Don't take that diagnoses as this journey being a failure. Pick pick your head up, maybe do some of your own research and keep rollin! We're all here for support. <3
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @dawnsch1995 you're supposed to drink your weight in ounces. So if you weigh 150 - 150 ounces which means almost 19 cups of water

I thought it was half your weight.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options

I thought it was half your weight.

Oops! Haha yea. I'm a crazy water drinker so I thought it was total weight
  • dawnsch1995
    Options
    Went out dancing last night with my girlfriends!! What a fun night and a great way to add steps to my Fitbit and burn calories!! Happy weekend everyone!!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Happy Weekend back at ya!

Unfortunately in order to get me to dance there needs to be a fair amount of rum or whiskey involved, which sort of cancels out all the calories I would burn. Although someone did point out that at least I don't add any extra calories to the whiskey - just a few ice cubes.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My first week of getting all my points. Yay. I was going to say forget it and not do the kettle workout, but I pushed through it. Very happy with myself.
  • dawnsch1995
    Options
    Me too!! Got all my points this week!! Yay! Week 6 will be good I love yoga but don't take the time to do it...this week I will get back to it!
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!! We smashed it as a team everyone came together doing their best last week...... Let's continue with this attitude this week
    Fantastic progress and completing all points Yay! TaraDanielle40 and dawnsch1995
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    OMG haha sorry to everyone using their computer! That picture I posted the other day shows up small on my phone!! :D

Looks like we're heading to India! 3904 miles, assuming we still have everyone that's 279 minutes/person. I'll be checking in with the ones with nothing logged today, hopefully we don't lose more people!
    Roadblock 1 - Yoga for 25 points
    Roadblock 2 - Meditation video before you go to sleep, just needs to be done once for 25 points.
    Nutritional Challenge - try a new spice. There will be a thread on the main page to tell everyone what you used and how you used it
    Accountability challenge - either update your progress photos or check and see how you've improved on the pre-assessment for 10 points. I just did my progress photos so I'm going to give myself points for that one and also make sure I update my assessment!
  • celtikgirl
    Options
    I haven't done photos, and the only thing I filled in on the preassessment was my best mile time. If I were to dig up photos, do they go on my home page or do I post them somewhere else?
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    You don't have to share them if you don't want to @celtikgirl ! Just for you to see how your body has changed. I always recommend doing them, shows changes when the dumb scale doesnt!
  • celtikgirl
    Options
    I don't mind sharing them, I just wanted to make sure I did whatever I needed to do to meet the challenge.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Awesome @celtikgirl I'll start a thread on the groups home page, we can post here as well!!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    I'm going to post my overall progress photos from the beginning of my journey - not just from this challenge group because I'm waiting until the end of it to compare it to my beginning ones!
    This is Summer 2013 Ashley before she realized her weight was becoming an issue - even after seeing this photo, remained in denial. No clue what I weighed.
    2013.6.14_zpsczqqxg7h.jpg

Here's the first progress photo, from February 2014 at 169.2 pounds
    2.3.14%203%2036-35-40_zpsn0xwhmca.jpg
    2.3.14%202%2036-35-43_zpsakns0r13.jpg

And more recently at 149.4 pounds
    MFP_zpsntfyjxkx.jpg
    IMG_4044_zpswazmuwu2.jpg

Certainly a much happier version of myself!
    2015.2.3%20147_zpsvowguzbf.jpg

Still have a ways to go, but I'm on the right track! And I've got these challenges and @Melodieccurn to thank for keeping me accountable!!
  • celtikgirl
    Options
    Just posted mine in the thread!