Week #11 - Monday, April 11th - Family Detour

Options
lizadaze
lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
This is a late but quick entry. My mother had a serious fall and had to have a complete shoulder replacement. I drove 20 hours through snow, sleet and rain the entire way to see her. It has been an exhausting trip, but I'm glad to be here now to help out. Much work to do in the next few days to help out my dad at home and see my mom in the nursing home.

Aging parents have a way of reminding us of just how fragile life is and will become each passing year. It reminds me even more of why I must continue to work hard on my fitness goals. Life is only going to get harder from here on out. Better shape up now before it becomes impossible. (Case in point, my own mothers rapidly deteriorating health).

So our group activity here seems to have disappeared. Melissa is still hanging in there. Anyone else?

I'm keeping this all doing through the end of April - adding a 13th week for good measure. I will assess membership then and reach out for additional participants starting a new 12 week round on May 1st.

It's never too late, until it is. Don't let age and poor health habits rob you of the life you want. Fight for it everyday. You are worth it!!

Replies

• jwilson507
    jwilson507 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lizadaze, I admire your determination and strength. I'm sending prayers for your moms recovery. I'm still losing, thanks to your weekly words of wisdom. I'm down 13 and have pretty much halted now. I'm hoping to reboot my body and start again.
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been AWOL for weeks now. After being sick for weeks on end I got busy at work/school and got off track. Back at it this week, and building myself up to a 5k this weekend. I always enjoy exercising when I get my butt in gear to do it, but still need to work on my eating habits. I tend to eat healthier in spring and summer so that's promising. I've realized that I really don't like tracking my food on here- it's very time consuming and frustrating for me. I know it helps to keep me focused on limiting calories but I also end up thinking about food all day and that's part of what I don't want in my life.

Glad to see some of you hanging in and making real progress! Great job! I hope to be heading in that direction again now too.
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm still hanging in here but I haven't lost anything in weeks. This week I've returned to tracking my food and no wine during the week. Hopefully, I can get back on track. We had a health scare here as well. My father in law was hospitalized for chest pain. He'll be having a heart catheterization in the morning. I keep hoping that he will change his eating habits. You would think after 7 stents and bypass surgery last Fall that replaced 5 arteries he would start eating better but he hasn't. I'm hoping that this motivated my husband to make some improvements. I would hate for him to follow in the same path.

@lizadaze I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Praying for a swift recovery.
  • curlymop3
    curlymop3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! Easter holidays intervened, and much looked forward to week in the Lake District.

I'm at the same weight I was four weeks ago (having gone up and down) mainly because we walked up those hills mainly fuelled by cake :wink:

Here's a few photos (including one to make you laugh)
    - why I've not been on here, there is no Wi-Fi in them there hills

Been for a lovely bike ride in the bluebell woods at home today, but must get back on track with eating, I find exercising appealing, but being careful with food is less appealing by far.

gzqyd1aafa3f.jpg

2ilp672z2eds.jpg

g7hd8i6fkb1s.jpg
    523bdq502maq.jpg