I ate pork rinds and now I want to barf.

Options
Treysar
Treysar Posts: 34 Member
They were fine going down, but 5 hours later and i still feel like I ate a rock.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this happens if I eat a ton of them also. It passes. But, it's a lesson learned about moderation. They're so easy to eat a whole bag of, though.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of liquids and guacamole to wash it down....

Dan
  • Treysar
    Options
    I don't think I can even eat dinner today.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I was just going to buy some at the store but didn't want to spend the calories! I'm down with pork rinds but not one serving.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hey, good to see you on here! :)
    Pork rinds took some getting used to for me ...
  • Treysar
    Options
    Yeah iwas surprised at the calories!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Treysar wrote: »

I don't think the calories are that bad considering the macros but meh...I prefer them when I have more room. I'm not great at moderation.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I bought some when I saw them at aldi today. Not sure what I'll do with them since I wasn't a fan when I tried them before. Impulse buy I guess lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I love dipping pork rinds in sour cream.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    How about these recipes:

https://www.lowcarbzen.com/low-carb-recipes/snacks/lc-not-chex-snack-mix/

I saw another version of the "not chex" recipe yesterday that used a combination of only 3 kinds of nuts: pecans, macadamias & peanuts (okay, legumes) and had no sunflower seeds.

http://www.ruled.me/salted-caramel-pork-rind-cereal/
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Treysar wrote: »

Higher or lower than you would have expected? Personally I was pleasantly surprised since I had always assumed they were some super high-calorie, super high-fat snack.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I like them with cream cheese!
  • momof4girls48
    momof4girls48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Crispy pork skins are all they are. I do not like the ones you can microwave.They are good at first...all warm...then you taste WAY to much salt. I tried them tonight while watching old "Adam 12" episodes on YOUTUBE with my kids. The kiddos had popcorn.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I bought some (once) and was completely underwhelmed with them as a snack. I used them up by turning them into substitutes for bread crumbs. As a filler for salmon patties and a coating for fish and chicken they were acceptable but not great. And I had to keep those uses a secret from my husband, who recoiled as though I'd tried to tempt him with freeze dried tarantulas.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Love those things. But I ALWAYS end up with an empty bag.
    >:)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I don't allow myself to eat from the bag. I measure the serving then eat them from a bowl when I've eaten them. :blush:
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to coat with butter, Splenda, and cinnamon. They were amazing right before TOM when my appetite seems insatiable. I don't eat pork anymore, but I sure do miss the flavor!
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I ate a few pieces of the pork rinds with my low carb chicken soup; very good sub for crackers.
  • missabbyb
    missabbyb Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Walmart had a brand called Macs. The calories are only like 80. For 5 oz or something. It tastes kind of like a smoked popcorn. It's an acquired taste but I also don't leaving them in my car in case I need a pick me up
  • missabbyb
    missabbyb Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    *Don't mind