Welcome

Options
LaLaAlways
LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
Welcome everyone! I started this group and forgot about it completely. Baby brain maybe. :wink:
Please introduce yourself and feel free to post anytime.

Replies

• LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 31 mom of two boys 3 and 4.Both have blended households at both houses. so its His and Mine and now currently 12 weeks pregnant with Ours. I'm up from 4am till 9pm everyday. i work full time and life doesn't slow down so I want to keep up and make my pregnancy healthy and easy. Feel free to add me as most my friends are inactive but i wont delete them because you never know when they might come back.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am 25 years old and have two boys, 2 and 4 years old. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant with my 4th pregnancy (had an ectopic Thanksgiving 2014). My due date is September 2016. I'm on MFP to log my food intake and make sure I'm maintaining a balanced diet during my pregnancy. I want a complication-free pregnancy, and I'm doing all I can to meet that goal.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello LalaAlways and 5n0wbal1 (and whom ever reads this after),

I am a 28 year old graphic artist on my first pregnancy. I'm at about 6 weeks into a surprise pregnancy! Hahah. Doesn't' mean I'm not super happy about it. It'll be quite the adventure!

I've been using MFP for about 2 years now, and had managed to lose 30 lbs back in 2014 and then it slowly crept back up. Especially after my wedding this summer where I kind of stopped logging and generally caring about being 100% the best at logging and eating.

Now that I'm pregnant, I really do feel like it's about being the healthiest for myself and the little one that I'm expecting.

So thank you Lala for starting this group! I feel like it can be a great support for the fitness and mental challenges that has yet to come for many of us.

Anyone, feel free to add me if you are looking for extra MFP friends!
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined the group today. I am 30 years old, and 20 weeks along with my 3rd pregnancy. I began this pregnancy just slightly overweight. I've been eating whatever I want and doing nothing physically up until this point. I'd like to get back on track and at least log what I eat so I don't get carried away. I updated my settings to "maintain current weight". I've gained 10 lbs since I found out I was pregnant.
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 26 years old and 25w along with my third pregnancy, my boys are 4 and 2. Right now I'm almost done with a January Whole30 and I plan to stay paleo through pregnancy. I started off overweight because this past summer I started a new medication and I gained weight- and then BOOM pregnant lol. So I'm trying to gain the minimum amount possible to help me postpartum- I also am hoping healthy eating and staying fit will help with postpartum depression and anxiety that I suffered with in the past. Would love to have some friends on here! I'm new to the app :)
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm 35 years old and pregnant for the first time ever. It was a surprise pregnancy. I'm nearly 10 weeks along now.

I weigh 174 and my OB classified me as obese. Not nice to hear but I'm short so that advances my bmi automatically. She doesn't want me eating any carbs. I don't know how I will do that. Need all the support and meal ideas I can get.
  • aschroeder2749
    Options
    Well, I made an intro post then disappeared for a few weeks. We are getting ready to move in a couple months and things just got crazy. It's so nice to meet everyone!

Lala - girl, I thought I had a busy schedule! I don't know how you do it! Thanks for making this group. Even within all the busyness of daily life, I find I've been lonely. Hopefully this group will be a great way to connect with others going through a similar stage in life.
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm 35 years old and pregnant for the first time ever. It was a surprise pregnancy. I'm nearly 10 weeks along now.

I weigh 174 and my OB classified me as obese. Not nice to hear but I'm short so that advances my bmi automatically. She doesn't want me eating any carbs. I don't know how I will do that. Need all the support and meal ideas I can get.

Protein is my friend. Keeps me feeling full when carbs don't cut it (having said that - i tons of carbs too!). I guess it's a case of having protein and veg for each meal and having extra veg where you would usually have carbs? Sorry, not much help but hopefully a little.
  • aschroeder2749
    Options

I did a low carb diet once, and I ate beef sticks (and cheese) for snacks. I'm not sure that those are that great for you either, but it did steer me away from mindless carb snacking. And I only needed one and a little bit of cheese to feel full.
  • Pr0crastinat0r
    Pr0crastinat0r Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 33 with 3 boys and 16 weeks pregnant today with my 4th child. I started off a little over weight but because of morning sickness, I think I am at a good weight for 16 weeks. Not a good way to lose weight but I might as well look on the bright side of things if my body was making me do it anyway. I am trying to stick with clean eating during the pregnancy but there are definitely days where I just want to eat everything in front of me. It will be a challenge to not freak out when I add my weight gain into MFP. LOL.
  • aschroeder2749
    Options
    Hi! I am 33 with 3 boys and 16 weeks pregnant today with my 4th child. I started off a little over weight but because of morning sickness, I think I am at a good weight for 16 weeks. Not a good way to lose weight but I might as well look on the bright side of things if my body was making me do it anyway. I am trying to stick with clean eating during the pregnancy but there are definitely days where I just want to eat everything in front of me. It will be a challenge to not freak out when I add my weight gain into MFP. LOL.

Nice to meet you! Think you'll have another boy? I have two boys and am pregnant with my third boy. :) I'm trying to avoid less processed foods as well.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi friends,
    I'm a 38 yr old first time mom. Honestly I haven't weighed myself since I got pregnant. The first trimester was a doozy, always hungry and eating to suppress nausea. I am 23 weeks and for the past few weeks my appetite has finally slowed down. I was on limited bed rest for two months due to placenta previa but it has been resolved. I am walking 8000-10000 steps a day, but now that I can be more physically active I'm thinking about going to the gym to use the treadmill. The other day I took my dog out for a long walk and realized that with pregnancy bladder and a achy back I should probably walk near a bathroom and a chair, lol. Happy to find a group with like minded ladies :)
  • _cassie623
    _cassie623 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :) I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant & due August 1st. I'm having a girl, and I also have a son who will be 3 this month. I'm having a smooth pregnancy so far! I'm 5'4 and started my pregnancy overweight at 166 lbs (8 weeks pregnant). I'm currently about 163 lbs at 18 weeks pregnant, so I'm hoping not to gain too much this time around. My doctor is ok with the fact that I've lost a few pounds from my first prenatal appt. so no worries there :) I gained 25 pounds with my son, and I'd like to keep it between 15-20 pounds this pregnancy if I can help it!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm due October 2 with a boy, I live in Los Angeles. I'm age 36 and this is my first pregnancy. I started overweight at about 180 pounds. I had been dieting and trying to lose weight at the time. My healthy (non-pregnant) weight range is 120-160 pounds, and my personal ideal weight is 145-150. I'm 13 weeks and I'm still around 180 pounds on the scale. My body looks and feels bigger though and I can't fit into my clothes from a couple months ago. I've just been walking. I walk 60 minutes around 3 days a week. I'm open to exercising more if I can make the time. I feel like I've been eating so much, I wish I could eat less but I feel like my baby is forcing me to eat. At least I'm eating nutritiously. I only drink water, but I have been having a bowl of ice cream most nights recently. I don't want to gain too much, I'd be happy with 15-20 pounds. I know it's not up to me but I'd love to get pregnant again right after this one. Baby needs a little sister!
  • 5n0wbal1
    Options
    Hi I'm due October 2 with a boy, I live in Los Angeles. I'm age 36 and this is my first pregnancy. I started overweight at about 180 pounds. I had been dieting and trying to lose weight at the time. My healthy (non-pregnant) weight range is 120-160 pounds, and my personal ideal weight is 145-150. I'm 13 weeks and I'm still around 180 pounds on the scale. My body looks and feels bigger though and I can't fit into my clothes from a couple months ago. I've just been walking. I walk 60 minutes around 3 days a week. I'm open to exercising more if I can make the time. I feel like I've been eating so much, I wish I could eat less but I feel like my baby is forcing me to eat. At least I'm eating nutritiously. I only drink water, but I have been having a bowl of ice cream most nights recently. I don't want to gain too much, I'd be happy with 15-20 pounds. I know it's not up to me but I'd love to get pregnant again right after this one. Baby needs a little sister!

Hey, there! I started out a little bigger than I wanted to be, too. I started out at 173 pounds when, while pregnant, I'm used to starting out at 140-145. 175 was my final weight before delivery with my first two!

In my opinion, pregnancy is a time where my "perfect" body takes about a 1.5-2 years off. It doesn't give me license to go nuts with sweets and choose nothing but unhealthy options, but it gives me the freedom to realize that growing a baby is an incredible thing, and it needs to be the most important thing in my life right now. My belly will get bigger within these nine months, my body will go through shock for childbirth, and it will take time to heal after birth. It will also take time to get back to normal after baby is born, and since I plan on breastfeeding, it's more important to me personally that I nourish my body to nourish my baby than go on an extreme diet plan.

That being said, I'm not here because I'm giving up on my body. I want my baby to be healthy, so I'm here so I can maintain a healthy lifestyle. I want to keep track of my diet and make sure I'm feeding my baby properly, and that I'm only gaining the weight I need to gain. Gaining too much sets my baby and I up for more issues, so I don't want to do that either.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's a good attitude, 5n0bal1. I'm afraid of gaining too much weight, I feel fat, and I've been struggling with feeling insecure. I googled images of "14 weeks pregnant" this morning and there are photos of women who still aren't showing. That's frustrating. This is my first pregnancy but I'm already in a different wardrobe. I need to be more positive about my appearance and the amazing life that I'm growing.
  • 5n0wbal1
    Options
    That's a good attitude, 5n0bal1. I'm afraid of gaining too much weight, I feel fat, and I've been struggling with feeling insecure. I googled images of "14 weeks pregnant" this morning and there are photos of women who still aren't showing. That's frustrating. This is my first pregnancy but I'm already in a different wardrobe. I need to be more positive about my appearance and the amazing life that I'm growing.

Claritarejoice, I can totally feel your pain! I've actually lost 10 pounds because of morning sickness, and because my appetite has had a hard time getting back to normal. Even though I've lost instead of gained, I was in maternity clothes by week 9! I have a HUGE baby bump compared to the bump I had at 19 weeks with my first two pregnancies, and since I've lost weight, that proves that it's baby and it's not just me going crazy with weight gain. I've gained so much in tummy size that it makes me wonder if I'm carrying multiples sometimes! I've only seen a singleton in my ultrasounds, but this belly is making my jaw drop!

The moral of this story? Everyone's pregnancy is different. If you look like you're ready to give birth at 10 weeks, that's your pregnancy; others may not show until they're past week 30. I can definitely understand feeling insecure. I feel tempted to cover up a lot even though I know that I'm probably the only one that has such a negative opinion of my body. The biggest thing getting me through all the ups and downs of this pregnancy is my baby. I know that I'm growing a little life and that keeping myself healthy is higher priority than the size of my stomach. It's not the easiest thought train to stay on, but I don't want to get off or I risk putting my baby in harm's way for my own selfish desires.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    5n0wbal1 wrote: »
    Hey, there! I started out a little bigger than I wanted to be, too. I started out at 173 pounds when, while pregnant, I'm used to starting out at 140-145. 175 was my final weight before delivery with my first two!
    Hi all - This is me! Started out at 158-160 with my first son, ended at 195 on his due date. Started this pregnancy at 172 and so far am at 193 but fluctuating like CRAZY. I've been between 188 and 193 for the last 4 weeks. 187 was my goal weight for the pregnancy, so I'm pretty down about this.
    I am having another boy this time around. Due August 1st, but pretty much planning on having him the last week in July. My water broke ON my due date (4 days early according to my doctor's due date, which my son always measured 4 days ahead of). This one has been measuring right on target the entire pregnancy to be born on August 1st, and he's my second, so I'm betting it'll be a day or two (or more) earlier.
    DX'ed with placenta previa about 10 weeks ago and cleared last week. Still not supposed to do anything too strenuous, so I'm limited to pretty much just watching what I eat and walking. I also have Hashimoto's, so I've got all sorts of things working against my weight :(
    It seems like this group isn't super active, but if anyone has any tips - let me know! Happy pregnancy to everyone!