What is a healthy reasonable goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11" 34 yrs. I have a small frame and carry weight in my midsection and almost zero on my butt and thighs so I feel and look fittest around 90-93 lbs. I have known people my same size who carry their weight toward the bottom and they look better with more weight IMO.
  • samairablack
    samairablack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and at the peak of my fitness went down to 110 and ever since I moved to a new city, I seem to maintain 120-125 with low exercise and not a strict diet.
    Now, I want to get back to my awesome shape where I needed no spanx for bodycon dresses!! I look fine but I really want to look skinny. also my hips are humungous!!
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 126 lb but have a small frame, my goal now is 120lb as although I am slim I still have a lot of fat t shift.
  • ema_lou8
    ema_lou8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    New here! I'm 5'2" and currently 127lbs and happy-ish....My previous "happy" weight was 120lbs but even at that there was still more wobble than I wanted. I have accepted the fact that I won't get the look I desire through diet alone and so started weight training 3 weeks ago. So far I have put 1lb on which in the grand scheme of things is nothing but I find it VERY difficult to see the scales go up. I'm so conditioned to seeing the weight go down but I know I must get out of that mindset. Hoping not to put much more on but to see a change in my body composition instead.
  • ema_lou8
    ema_lou8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 116 lbs and look okay in clothes... I have fat thighs and an unshapely, smooshy butt.

Weightlifting is giving me a better shape in general, but I have more fat to lose. I am guessing that I should probably be around 110-112lbs or so to achieve the look I want.

Interested to know how you are doing with the weightlifting? Are you finding any weight gain?
  • subk3
    subk3 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I used to think the variation was mostly tied to how big/small your bone structure is, but I don't think that anymore. I think it is more closely tied to your body fat %.

I'm 5'10" and for me 10 pounds equals one clothing size and at 160 I'm in size 8 pants. A year or so ago at the same weight I was in a size 10. In the mean time I've been lifting harder and heavier and have dropped my body fat a few percentage points. So it's pretty clear to me that the lower the body fat/greater the muscle mass the more I can weigh without looking or being any bigger.

If you are slender without much muscle mass (ie skinny fat) the numbers on the scale have to be a lot less than if you are the same size with more muscle and less fat.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and I felt good being 128, so my goal is 125-128. I figure anything lower than that will make me look ill. I looked really good at 128. So that's why I made it my goal weight range.
  • Chubby_bunnyy
    Chubby_bunnyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well. I am trying to get back to 110lb or 115lb. I'm 122 now. My muscles are mainly all in my legs haha
  • Emmyfish111
    Emmyfish111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". My goal weight was 120, but now that I am at my goal weight I realize that my body has more fat than I thought. I have a small frame (thanks misschellechelle for putting the calculator link up) and my new goal weight is 117. I was thinking I should go for 115 but I will see what I look like at 117 and go from there.
  • carriebeenz
    carriebeenz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 165cm (5ft 4) and my goal weight is 60kg (132lb). I reached that goal a couple of years ago after my second child but the weight has slowly crept back on. I felt good when I was that weight, except my boobs shrunk and haven't come back :( I do a lot of running and have fairly good muscle tone
  • Rockchick09
    Rockchick09 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 (160 cm) and at 132 (60 kg) lbs and I'm happy about it. I don't wanna loose anymore weight, I just wanna cut down in fat and gain muscles.
    For me this is not about being thin, I wanna be strong and fit. I've stopped monitoring my weight and I'm only monitoring measurements.

I don't think any of us should really focus on weight cause muscles are heavier then fat. When we can look in the mirror and think we look great then our goal has been reached ;)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6" and my original goal was 145-150ish. I started weightlifting in December and gained some muscle weight so I am back up to 170 then I did at 165 (last years weight before I started lifting). I am trying to not hold too much stock in the scale and will see where the journey takes me. I am larger framed so no matter where I end up I will not go below 145. I look at pictures of me from my teenage years when I was 135 and I was too skinny. I would rather weigh more and look strong and athletic then be stick thin.