Options
2»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Mix it up with cream cheese. B)

yeah. I forgot about that.
    It's like eating a cross between pb cheesecake and pb frosting. I add a couple drops of sweetener and a couple tbsp almond milk. Nom.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    www.pinterest.com/lowcarbtraveler/low-carb-peanut-butter-recipes/ some really yummy recipes :)
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I do almond butter on a spoon
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mix it up with cream cheese. B)

And add some cocoa powder! This is my go to "dessert".
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this recipe this week - fingers crossed. Personally I love peanut butter in stir fry or thai inspired recipes.
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/01/broccoli-chicken-salad-peanut-butter-dressing.html
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Make up so low carb soul bread for yourself and then top with PB and low-carb jam. Have it as an open-faced PB&J or if there's room for lots of protein iin your macros, have an actual sandwich with 2 slices of LC Soul Bread!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @ladipoet I'm going to need a recipe for the LC soul bread. I've been trying to find paleo bread for awhile. I live in a rural area and it doesn't exist here, but if I can make my own low-carb protein bread, that works too (as long as I can find the ingredients, meaning they can't be unusual items or not temperature sensitive so I can bring them home from the nearest place that has it 90 min. away).
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 I'm not ladipoet but here is the link to the recipe :)http://lowcarbediem.com/low-carb-soul-bread-recipes/
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP and thanks for providing the link @Phrick!! It's easy to find by just googling "low carb soul bread." I've made 3 versions of it so far: the Toasted Onion & cheddar, the Lemon blueberry, and the Cinnamon Pecan. All have been very good!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars. I really want to try these soon but the article is poorly written IMO.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Make up so low carb soul bread for yourself and then top with PB and low-carb jam. Have it as an open-faced PB&J or if there's room for lots of protein iin your macros, have an actual sandwich with 2 slices of LC Soul Bread!

Oh my heavens!!!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I always crack up when I see the typical diabetes "pair your carbs with a protein" example of peanut butter and apples, because you're right, it's not a "protein," it's very much a fat!

That said, here's the smoothie I used to do (most amounts are approximate):

1c milk of choice (unsweetened almond milk is good if dairy milk is too sugary)
    1/4c heavy cream
    1-2 squares dark chocolate or 1tbsp cocoa powder + a pinch of sweetener of choice (to cut the bitter) or 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I'm partial to Jay Robb's whey protein, but any that actually tastes good will work here)
    2tbsp peanut butter
    handful of ice cubes (more if you want to make it milk shake-y, less if you just want it cold; it's creamy as all get out either way)

Comes out to around 10g carbs, with 2-3 of that from fiber (the rest comes primarily from the sugars in the cream, milk, and peanut butter), 25-30g or so of fat (iirc), and 10-30g protein (depending on whether you use protein powder).

Oh, and the peanut butter + cream cheese combination is downright evil. Just sayin'.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream, peanut butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, and stevia. It whips up into a delicious mousse.

Personally, peanut butter is my go-to snack, on a spoon. It's also my kryptonite. I have had to step away from the peanut butter to break stalls before, but I keep going back. It's hard to quit, because my kids eat PB sandwiches a lot, so it's always in the pantry. Grrr.